• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

unruly behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Where is that magnificent avatar of yours from? I love it.

Haha, thanks. I found it on dA - I'll stick the credit in my signature since that is... probably like, a thing that I should do if I'm using someone's work. Whoops.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Oh man this is such a hard question to answer. Like I know where I'm heading in life right now but ten years is a really long time, especially given how dynamic everything still is at this age. I don't really think this is a question that you can easily answer until you're settled down with a house, job, etc. With the way that things are heading now if they stay on track I'll end up in some sort of cell biology research field with a PhD but even that is a vague answer and only makes up a small part of how everything will be in the future. I cannot say with any certainty at all if I'll have a family, a house, or even where I'll live in that time. I guess I just kinda take stuff as it comes.

So... yeah, haha. Vague answer - I know the sort of work I may possibly be in but really that's the best I can do. Stuff changes a lot and it's a long time before I'll be able to answer this with any real confidence.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What would you say keeps you coming to PC each day? And I'm not referring about your Admin position, but just as in a general sense.

Do you think that marihuana should he legalized? I don't know what the status is where ou are concerning that matter, but approach this question on a global scale.

Do you consider yourself athletic? If so, have you participated in any sports whether as a child or now?

Awhile back - more like late 2014 - you made a public post concerning about the "post and go" method of discussion and that you were disappointed in the way people communicated with one another (or lack thereof.) How do you feel about the matter now, and do you feel like we've made steps forward, backwards, or no progress at all?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    why is your behavior unruly?

did you ever stop drinking and start the dissertation or did you just do both at the same time?

Nihilego

Years
    What would you say keeps you coming to PC each day? And I'm not referring about your Admin position, but just as in a general sense.

Hm. I won't lie, the admin position is (was?) part of it - but because an "I enjoyed it" thing as opposed to anything else. Indeed, part of the reason why I stepped down is because I felt like it was negatively impacting my time on PC. But that aside...

I guess I just like seeing people I know posting. That's all there is to it really, and with recent developments in certain forums (more on this later) I feel more inclined to read peoples' posts and see how they're doing. It's nice to think about other people on here as real people off the internet and get some insight into their lives and how they're doing with them. A lot of these people I don't really talk to much more these days but still, it's nice to see them around. It's almost as if PC's just become a social tool now rather than an actual discussion forum - and at the moment I feel like PC is more community-centric and interactive than it's been for a while now (again, more on this later) - although for some reason I think I'm in the minority in saying that.

Do you think that marihuana should he legalized? I don't know what the status is where ou are concerning that matter, but approach this question on a global scale.

Heh, nice spelling there. d: For reference it's still illegal where I am.

Anyway, no, I do not support its legalisation at all. A lot of people are surprised at that because I do a lot of things, weed included, but I am still very much against it. I don't see a compelling argument for its legalisation; I feel that the reasons for legalisation (for non-medical use anyway) are self-indulgent and I don't see the benefit of making another intoxicating substance available for anyone to use. Beyond "getting high is fun" (which, in fairness, is true) I don't think that there is much of a reason to legalise it and there are more responsible, less judgement-impairing ways of enjoying yourself. I know I sound like I'm trying to be totally straight-edge or something here and it's almost funny because that's really not me at all but yeah. While I by no means think that weed is a big deal, I don't want to see it legalised.

Do you consider yourself athletic? If so, have you participated in any sports whether as a child or now?

I used to definitely - I ran and played football, tennis, hockey and cricket pretty much daily (not all at once, haha). That was up until I was like... 17/18? And then I just sorta stopped for the past few years. Uni and other things got in the way and when you're not in a school facilitating these things any more it's actually much more of a pain to organise them. I still run sometimes and play football or tennis casually every now and then but I've not in a long time actually taken any sport seriously. I keep very half-heartedly saying that I'll get back into it, but I never do and doubt I will for a long while at least yet. It's kinda sad since I was undeniably much fitter back then and had a lot of fun with sports, but hey ho, life goes on.

Awhile back - more like late 2014 - you made a public post concerning about the "post and go" method of discussion and that you were disappointed in the way people communicated with one another (or lack thereof.) How do you feel about the matter now, and do you feel like we've made steps forward, backwards, or no progress at all?

This one? I feel things have got a lot better since then. It feels like people engage directly with each other more and are less afraid to deviate a little from topics to promote conversation. I feel like some people know each other better and that there are more groups of friends who enjoy posting together and less boring, individual posts which contribute nothing to anyone's overall enjoyment of PC. That's why I said above that I think things are better now than they have been for quite a long time, and why I am enjoying the community more than usual. I think we have some strong characters that, good or bad, mesh together to make PC feel like more of a rounded community and I hope that things continue this way.

...unfortunately I am aware that some people (not that I know who) consider this new environment "cliquey" which bothers me a lot. Although not too much; if people can't deal with friend groups posting around without throwing "clique" about then I feel like they've got some social issues to sort out. Cliques have not been a thing on PC for years now.

why is your behavior unruly?

because I am the shenanigans.

did you ever stop drinking and start the dissertation or did you just do both at the same time?

Haha. I've made a good start on it over the past few days and only had a couple of drinks while doing so. ;]

Nihilego

Years
    How did you choose your current username? :0

Haha, I dunno really. I think I was high and someone I was with said it and I thought it was a cool word and then I thought it fit me so I went for it. There's no real big meaning behind it; my previous username just kinda didn't work for me any more but I didn't know if I wanted to go back to Razor Leaf so I just went with it and I quite like it now.

Nihilego

Years
    Are you watching the Cricket World Cup? Who do you support in the cricket?

Are you still info photography?

No on both counts unfortunately. ): As I was saying earlier I have like no time to keep up with so much stuff now. Everything's starting to turn into a sort of passive interest haha. I still definitely enjoy photography and like taking pictures and whatnot but it's just finding the time, haha. As for cricket I was never a huge fan of watching it - football, rugby and tennis and pretty much anything in the olympics were the main things I watched.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I've been to Manchester this past Christmas!! :3

Your view on the Trafford center? The city in general? Your favourite restaurant or pub in the city and why?

What's something you've accomplished recently?

Nihilego

Years
    I've been to Manchester this past Christmas!! :3

!!
    Did you go to the christmas markets? They were absolutely nothing near what they used to be this time round, which is a shame, but they were still really lively and a cool place to look around. ...but this for me to answer things, haha.

Your view on the Trafford center? The city in general? Your favourite restaurant or pub in the city and why?

Never been to the Trafford Centre. Another shopping centre, the Arndale Centre, is pretty central and on the end of the city's most regular bus service which I can access very easily. It's got all the shops I can imagine regularly wanting and it's right next to the Northern Quarter where all the ~indie shit~ is so it does the job for me. Never had any real reason to go to the Trafford Centre, although I do mean to just to see what it's like before I leave.

The city in general is absolutely incredible. Someone from Manchester is probably reading this and shaking their head right now but from what I've seen it literally gives me everything I could ever imagine wanting from a city without absolutely busting your bank the second you get in. Shops of all sorts, great public transport, awesome music scene, cheap-ish food and drink, good education, friendly people and an incredible nightlife. I think Manchester gets a lot of flak from people who don't live in it but a lot of those who move there seem to really fall in love with it.

I can't really afford to eat out much so, although I know a good number of really nice little restaurants, I'm barely informed on the topic. But Manchester does definitely have a great lot of independent places / two-three member chains which can usually offer way, way above and beyond any franchise. It's the kinda place where if you look to see what's on offer you will easily enough find something really nice.

On the bar front, different story - I know how to drink in Manchester very well, haha. I have so many potential favourites; there's a cheap but brilliantly located and totally genuine pub bang in the city centre which is amazing, there's my current workplace bar which I obviously have an attachment to and then my first year bar which, unglamourous (and honestly, shite) as it is I have an even greater attachment to. It's so hard to pin down a favourite pub or bar but if I had to pick one... since you specified "pub" in your question (bringing bars into it would lead to a whole other board game, haha) there's a place in the Northern Quarter that I mentioned earlier called The Castle Hotel. It's steep but has a crazy variety of ales and it's in a really old, intimate space that just feels... nice, honestly, to drink in. It's a little place but they have live acts on there quite often as well. Good drink, good environment, good music, not.. so.. good price but hey ho. Can't have it all.

What's something you've accomplished recently?

As part of my degree you get the option to apply for a year out after your second and before your third year to go and work "in industry", i.e. in whatever it is that your degree concerns. A lot of people don't do this for time/money reasons or because they're not able to secure a place but a couple of weeks back I got in with an Italian lab working on bone cancer, which is... insane. So next year I'll be doing research on this stuff in another country. I'm really excited about that and I think it's a pretty good achievement since these places are competitive and help to advance you a lot into your field. I'd say that's my best accomplishment of late.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    heyyy rl!!! whats your favourite zelda game? random question

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    what's up dude. this is ya boy maccrash. has anyone ever thrown something at you in a hostile manner with the intent of causing you physical harm? if so, why?

Nihilego

Years
    heyyy rl!!! whats your favourite zelda game? random question

Majora's Mask! It's one of the most inventive ways to make a game that I've ever seen, and I think it's cool that you're under constant time pressure as the end of the world literally gets closer and closer as opposed to a lot of games where the bad guy just kinda sits there and... waits for you to come slaughter them.

what's up dude. this is ya boy maccrash. has anyone ever thrown something at you in a hostile manner with the intent of causing you physical harm? if so, why?

Firstly, what. Secondly, yes - although I don't really know why. Probably because they were drunk and I pissed them off or something like that. It was a loooong time ago though, and nothing's happened in recent times. I never really seem to rub people up the wrong way that badly.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Firstly, what. Secondly, yes - although I don't really know why. Probably because they were drunk and I pissed them off or something like that. It was a loooong time ago though, and nothing's happened in recent times. I never really seem to rub people up the wrong way that badly.
    okay, firstly, what object was it?

additionally, fucking, if I hypothetically speaking knew you in real life, would you expect me to be the kind of person who would, hypothetically speaking, throw something at you in a hostile manner? if your answer is "no," think again, punk. anywho, I'm gonna ask you a legitimate question now. how tall are you in feet and inches

Sirfetch’d

Do you have a good cake recipe that you would like to share?

Why do you tend to stay invisible here?(like me on skype D:)

Final thoughts on ORAS after completing them?

Do you miss admin things?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alex, can we just talk about anything or nothing on skype soon? I miss chatting with you.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Do you think you're a good person?

Would you say you're someone that people look up to?

What has been the most defining moment of your life so far?

Nihilego

Years
    Do you have a good cake recipe that you would like to share?

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm just gonna state the obvious; we have a doppelganger in our midst.

I, as a baker who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted at how much you have copied my cake recipe. From the shape, to the frosting, do you not have any value or respect for originality?

You're a laughing stock. It's cheesy, it's disgusting, I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here, in your presence, having to even to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion.

I'm gonna say it. It's disgusting. You make me sick. It's absolutely disgusting, you have no identity. I can't stand it. I'm ashamed to be here.

Why do you tend to stay invisible here?(like me on skype D:)

Honestly, so I don't have to reply to messages straight away. Haha. I am not really at all a fan of small talk and most of the messages these days that I get are just that and I'm not really inclined to reply straight away or sometimes even at all (sorry to everyone who is waiting for a message from me - it's not that I don't like you or anything, haha). That and... idk. It also helps my being invisible on Skype too I suppose, people can't see me on PC so assume I'm around on Skype (which is only some of the time) and message me on there. Sometimes I just don't wanna talk / want to have specific conversations with specific people.

Final thoughts on ORAS after completing them?

Absolutely goddamn gorgeous. A few things that I found though:

Spoiler:

That's about it, though. The playthrough was absolutely delightful, on par with HGSS easily, and fixed so many of the mistakes that XY made. Not sure which is my favourite at this stage out of ORAS and HGSS though; although in retrospect I'd probably lean a wee bit towards HGSS simply for the region size and nostalgia purposes.

Do you miss admin things?

Yes and no. I definitely miss actually having a direct say on things to some extent; I'm finding that sometimes I feel sort of frustrated when a decision that I don't agree with gets made that I couldn't contribute my vote like I used to be able to. I miss the AdminCP too; the ability to actually do things on here was nice and it was fun just tinkering around and seeing what kind of things I could make happen. Also nice being able to deal with issues when they arise rather than going through the report system and all that.

On the other hand, I feel all I've wanted to say as of late (and up to when I left) was pretty much "yes" or "no" to things with nothing else and that's not a good place to be in as an admin. Some discussions don't really warrant any more than that but with the more serious, in-depth, major decisions if that's all you want to contribute then you really need to address how suitable you are to lead a community and how damaging to it your flippant attitude is. Even if it's something like "I agree fully with x opinions" it beats going in, dropping a vote and then leaving which is all I really wanted to do for a while. So I don't miss the fact that I was not great for the community around then. Also I've just been generally busy as of late and wouldn't have had the time to contribute to PC - nor, when I do have the time, do I want to use it on PC right now. I'm really enjoying how non-committal and easy being a member here is in comparison to being an admin whilst still getting nearly as much out of it as I did before.

m8 I am also 5'7"-5'8". would you agree that we're basically the same person?

Yes.

Alex, can we just talk about anything or nothing on skype soon? I miss chatting with you.

Sure. 8) I'll message you when I see you on (although I'm on less lately).

Do you think you're a good person?

omg why did u hav 2 bring da pain w/ these qs i mean rly

Anyway, I'd say it's hard to say what defines a good or bad person, but that's a totally non-comittal answer and I feel like everyone sets their own standards for these things regardless. But, preamble aside, no, I don't - although there's some complexity and possible irrelevance to this which I'll come back to. I don't think I'll go into the full details of why I think this since I am not nearly intoxicated enough to do so, but the tl;dr of it is that I have a fair tendency to not really be able to interpret how other people are feeling or to realise what sort of an impact my actions might have on them. I don't really find that someone else's emotional state, positive or negative, really impacts mine either; if I do something to make someone else happy I find that I don't feel much joy from that and if I do something that makes someone else sad I don't find I feel much remorse for that. That's not to say that I lack empathy completely, but you need to be really upfront about how you're feeling with me and you sometimes need to be someone that I've a fair emotional connection with in the first place. As I say there's more in terms of examples etc but I'll spare you the details right now, haha.

Anyway the reason why I say that it's possibly irrelevant is because I think that most people gauge how "good" a person they are in comparison to how "good" those around them are. After all, there are no objective ways to really say, so this would make some sense at least. But the issue there is that, aside from the very few people that you know extremely well, you're seeing in a large part what other people want to present. I don't believe that anybody goes around speaking and acting on their mind in 100% full so that other people can see at a glance everything about them; I think that everybody portrays themselves, at least initially, in a way that is favourable for them and their interactions with other people. Therefore I think that everybody has a skewed view of people around them and holds a higher idea of people than is actually realistic. I'm not one of those cynics who thinks that humanity is inherently bad, but I do believe that what we see of people we interact with in every day life is a sort of buffed up version of them that suppresses some of the "bad person" traits. Hence while I say I don't think I'm a great person I don't think for a minute that everyone around me is exactly golden, or that how I feel is particularly unique. Similarly I think people around me think that I'm a good person because... unless they asked directly, how would they know any of what I said above? And even then would they interpret that in the same way that I do?

Would you say you're someone that people look up to?

No, but I do like to believe a lot of people see me on the same level as them, which I think is the best place to be. Or at least, that's what I aim for, haha. I don't really like the idea of people looking up to me because, as I said before, you have no idea what you're actually looking at and you're much more likely to build a good relationship with someone if you take an "I'm okay and you're okay" approach than to look up to someone. If I feel like someone's looking up to me I tend to try and help them level with me a little bit by interacting with them like I would with anybody else, regardless of their standpoint on the matter; if I feel like someone's looking down on me, they aren't worth trying to level with. I don't really tend to look up or down on anybody, so it's a non-issue for me.

That said people do seem to find me a good person to know; I feel like people (offline, anyway) enjoy being around me and I find myself being someone people come to a lot for help, advice or just a bit of confidence or whatever. And that's quite nice, although again - I think it's more an "on the same level" thing that any sort of ABOVENESS.

What has been the most defining moment of your life so far?

Oh, now there's a tough one. I dunno if I'd say there has been any one (or more) clearly defining moments that've made me reconsider everything and have genuinely and definitively changed me as a person (although I will touch on one later because otherwise ~non-committal answer~). Like with most people some things have had a more significant impact on me than others but I don't really feel like any one thing has been a particularly big decider. Although maybe it would have been if I really knew what constituted a "defining moment", haha.

Anywho - this first one will sound dumb to anyone who hasn't tried them and cliché to anyone who has, but the first time I tried psychedelics is one that really stands out to me as a game-changer. Explaining in full would take a while and would be a largely pointless exercise, but I basically ended up looking at a load of things in a totally different way and dropping some really irrational ideas. It really cleared up my head a lot and that did me absolute wonders in general life. I'd say that it was definitely one of the big changes I can think of, despite how... yeahhhhhh it sounds. There is one other I can think of but it's more negative and I don't really know what sort of a bearing it had on me to this day other than "well that was shit", haha.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back