• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

User feedback and questions.

Years
  • Truth be told, PM space and avatar size was what got me to donate cuz i liek big things. I didn't know about the VIP space until I did donate.

Would it be controversial for me to say that I don't think a limited opening-up won't have a noticeable effect on donations? They won't be getting any of the other supporter perks, just the ability to make an AMA thread. In fact, it might be an enticement for donations, a teaser of sorts :P It's like the "valued member" promos that get customers hooked onto the premium product lineup :P

Not that I hold our esteemed members with such dehumanizing regard, of course ^^ Just an alternative worth exploring.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'd like to keep it supporter only, just to serve as a little incentive for normal members to donate. On the other hand though, opening it up to the public would mean it probably won't die as quickly as it has. (?)
    I find the thought of a forum like this being an incentive for people to donate to be a little silly. Why would someone donate to gain access to a forum where they can ask someone questions?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I find the thought of a forum like this being an incentive for people to donate to be a little silly. Why would someone donate to gain access to a forum where they can ask someone questions?

The same could be said for the increased avatar sizes for example, used as an incentive for people to donate. Why would someone donate so that they can display a bigger image under or next to their username?

The whole concept of this forum might as well be considered silly, considering 'we're just asking each other questions.' Something that could easily be done through PM, VM or through other means.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I feel opening it to the public would make this forum way too hectic and unorganised, with the more popular members only getting replies.

I say keep it supporter-only, or only have a limited amount of people being able to access this forum (e.g people with over 1000 posts)

Years
  • If it's entirely possible, I'd say we could probably expand to the users here who aren't PC supporters but still have blog access (such as the ones with over 5,000 posts), but if not, then I think it's fine as is with supporters only for reasons said in the above post (which I agree with)..

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If it's dying I'd say just let it die :/ it doesn't hold enough longevity without being repetitive and boring. Leave it for supporters to run with and then brush it under the rug.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Just wanna say that I went and approved a few week-or-so old threads now that we apparently missed. Sorry for taking so long and feel free to bump them. ):

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Members are only allowed a single thread.

Permission to delete/restart my thread?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I still say open this to the public but require if there a Non-Supporter to have at least 250-500 post count or a join date of at least 3-6 months old if they don't have the required post. This place is honestly dead. I have yet to be asked one question and the people who are being asked questions are being asked by one member repeatably. Its very boring. If we can't open it to the public with requirements we may as well just call this section dead and retire it...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I agree that the 3,000 post count requirement is high. Like, I don't really have an opinion on how much it should be, but why does someone need more posts to access this than to post a blog? It doesn't make much sense. I think the post count should be lowered as well. At this point, there's still enough activity to keep this place going, but not enough to really nurture it, and the group who has access to it doesn't hold much interest.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • The reason why we decided on 3,000 was because it's a high number that's doesn't sound impossible to reach.

If you've seen the thread where this idea was posted, then you would have seen my rant about privacy. That continues to be my viewpoint and I refuse to budge on it and a lot of people agree with me. We wanted a way to reward members who have been with us for a long time, and with you guys wanting more people in here, it seemed like a perfect fit. This area is a way to reward old members and letting people get to know you better while not giving up all privacy. That's why this wasn't opened to the public.

Now with the word count, there's a reason it's so high. Since this is technically still in the supporter forums, this is also a benefit for people who donate. It was brought up that the word count should be much lower, but we decided against it. We wanted a number that didn't seem impossible, but also didn't want to deter donations since donations are a big part of what's keeping this site afloat. If this place was given out at such a low post count, those people that were considering donating because they were curious about the supporter forums would be less likely to donate. That's why the post count is as high as it is.

Hope this answers your questions!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • 3,000 is definitely not hard to reach. I have a little under 400 in about 20 days. It's a perk for the people who have shown a lot of activity. Therefore, it's a reward for those people! The section seems to be kinda lame anyways. Not very active at the moment.

Maybe like if you have over 1,000 posts you can ask questions and stuff, but you can only make threads after the 3k?

Back