• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Finished as well.

Did you want to continue with Noble Arcanine's Alpha list?

Sure. Are there any in particular you want to raise?

Already finished Overqwil and Dusknoir. Has never raised Lumineon, Purugly (got Purrloin, though), Octillery, Machoke, Walrein, Mantine, Gyarados, Ambipom, Golduck, or Chansey. Suggests Gyarados, as a very common challenge requirement (three Champion teams and a Zodiac challenge). Maybe Blissey/Chansey too? Would agree to any of the others above, if you have other plans.

Years
    Random challenge idea:

Tuff Luv:
    Wigglytuff, Luvdisc, Stufful, Tinkatuff, Enamorus
    enamor = be filled with love for.

Wigglytuff is in 2 challenges already, but the rest aren't in any challenges. Though for Tinkatuff the evo does exist in 1 challenge.

1 mon short of a set of 6 and it does contain a legendary Pokemon. 'Who Came First?' has only 4 Pokemon and 2 of them are legendary, though.
    Enamorus has two forms, could potentially do both forms for a 6th. Also considered Swoobat for a potential sixth due to the heart shaped nose and it not being in any challenges, though Woobat does have 1 challenge.

Sure. Are there any in particular you want to raise?

Already finished Overqwil and Dusknoir. Has never raised Lumineon, Purugly (got Purrloin, though), Octillery, Machoke, Walrein, Mantine, Gyarados, Ambipom, Golduck, or Chansey. Suggests Gyarados, as a very common challenge requirement (three Champion teams and a Zodiac challenge). Maybe Blissey/Chansey too? Would agree to any of the others above, if you have other plans.

I already raised a Gyarados when I did the Zodiac challenges, though I would not be opposed to repeating it. Or Walrein for that matter.

Let's see... I do not yet have from Arcanine's Alpha list:
    Empoleon, Gastrodon, Ninetales (Kanto that is, I do have the Alolan one), Lumineon, Tentacruel, Purugly, Octillery, Machoke, Drapion, Mantine, Golduck, Chansey

So 7 options that we both don't have and we need 4. I like cats so Purugly has my attention =3
    Leaning towards Lumineon, Purugly and either Chansey/Blissey. I don't have a real preference beyond that amongst the ones that we both don't have yet.
    As stated I would not be opposed to raising a second Gyarados or Walrein either.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Random challenge idea:

Tuff Luv:
    Wigglytuff, Luvdisc, Stufful, Tinkatuff, Enamorus
    enamor = be filled with love for.

Wigglytuff is in 2 challenges already, but the rest aren't in any challenges. Though for Tinkatuff the evo does exist in 1 challenge.

1 mon short of a set of 6 and it does contain a legendary Pokemon. 'Who Came First?' has only 4 Pokemon and 2 of them are legendary, though.
    Enamorus has two forms, could potentially do both forms for a 6th. Also considered Swoobat for a potential sixth due to the heart shaped nose and it not being in any challenges, though Woobat does have 1 challenge.
    Added it to the backroom list. Thanks for coming up with the idea. Could probably make Tandemous/Maushold a sixth also, or the Furfrou trim. Calls for the latter in a challenge already, of course.

Does not really mind the legendary in there. Requires them infrequently in...just about everything. Argues that to be a problem beyond just challenges, though.

I already raised a Gyarados when I did the Zodiac challenges, though I would not be opposed to repeating it. Or Walrein for that matter.

Let's see... I do not yet have from Arcanine's Alpha list:
    Empoleon, Gastrodon, Ninetales (Kanto that is, I do have the Alolan one), Lumineon, Tentacruel, Purugly, Octillery, Machoke, Drapion, Mantine, Golduck, Chansey

So 7 options that we both don't have and we need 4. I like cats so Purugly has my attention =3
    Leaning towards Lumineon, Purugly and either Chansey/Blissey. I don't have a real preference beyond that amongst the ones that we both don't have yet.
    As stated I would not be opposed to raising a second Gyarados or Walrein either.
    Proposes this: Purugly, Blissey, Lumineon, then Gyarados.

Might as well request the Purugly now.

Years
    Hit the level cap for Alpha Blissey. Notices you are quite close. Stands by for Alpha Lumineon when you are done, if you wish to keep the tag-teams going.

I've finished my half as well.
    I'm fine with keeping the tag teams going. I would like to finish Noble Hisuian Arcanine's Alphas if possible, though if you've had enough of tagging with me you can just say so =3

We also generally seem to be on roughly the same pace, usually finishing within 24 hours of each other. Not that it bothers me being slower or faster than someone, just something I've noticed =3

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I'm fine with keeping the tag teams going. I would like to finish Noble Hisuian Arcanine's Alphas if possible, though if you've had enough of tagging with me you can just say so =3

We also generally seem to be on roughly the same pace, usually finishing within 24 hours of each other. Not that it bothers me being slower or faster than someone, just something I've noticed =3
    Still game for more. Agrees on finishing Noble Arcanine first. Already completed four. Will post in the Obtain thread soon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today

Finished half of the Alpha Lumineon. Looks like you have too. On to Gyarados?

Years
    Finished half of the Alpha Lumineon. Looks like you have too. On to Gyarados?

Sure, I'll post my half of the tag request in a couple minutes =3

I must've finished it during the day. You can't see signatures when on mobile so I don't really keep track of my post count when not at home =P

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sure, I'll post my half of the tag request in a couple minutes =3

I must've finished it during the day. You can't see signatures when on mobile so I don't really keep track of my post count when not at home =P

Done with Alpha Gyarados.

Looking down the remaining Nobles:
    • Kleavor: Does not have Stantler, Parasect, Kricketune, Crobat, Lopunny, or Bibarel. Would not be opposed to a second Blissey, Snorlax, or Gyarados.
    • Lilligant: Does not own Lickilicky, Roserade, Whiscash, Carnivine, Vespiquen, Tangrowth, Skuntank, Ursaring, Toxicroak, or Ursaluna. Agrees to a second Raichu too.
    • Avalugg: Does not own Gallade, Machamp, Weavile, Glalie, Electivire, or Lucario. Could go for another Garchomp and maybe a Mamoswine.

Could clean up the remaining seasonal Alphas, then decide on a Noble to focus on too.

Alternatively, work on Marnie's challenge (Liepard, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Morpeko (Hangry), and Grimmsnarl). Only has Morpeko (Full Belly) (and technically Purrloin) of those. Contains more in-season Pokemon than all the Alphas listed above. (Completes them faster as Alphas, for the record.)

Listens to other ideas as well.

Years
    Done with Alpha Gyarados.

Looking down the remaining Nobles:
    • Kleavor: Does not have Stantler, Parasect, Kricketune, Crobat, Lopunny, or Bibarel. Would not be opposed to a second Blissey, Snorlax, or Gyarados.
    • Lilligant: Does not own Lickilicky, Roserade, Whiscash, Carnivine, Vespiquen, Tangrowth, Skuntank, Ursaring, Toxicroak, or Ursaluna. Agrees to a second Raichu too.
    • Avalugg: Does not own Gallade, Machamp, Weavile, Glalie, Electivire, or Lucario. Could go for another Garchomp and maybe a Mamoswine.

Could clean up the remaining seasonal Alphas, then decide on a Noble to focus on too.

Alternatively, work on Marnie's challenge (Liepard, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Morpeko (Hangry), and Grimmsnarl). Only has Morpeko (Full Belly) (and technically Purrloin) of those. Contains more in-season Pokemon than all the Alphas listed above. (Completes them faster as Alphas, for the record.)

Listens to other ideas as well.

finished as well.

I was gonna do the Rivals and Champion Teams challenges after I finish a bunch of the challenges I'm currently working on, so the Marnie challenge is fine with me.

Could do all the Dark types from Marnie's challenge (Liepard, Scrafty, Morpeko (Hangry), and Grimmsnarl) and then follow up with an Alpha Skuntank and/or Alpha Weavile after that, for seasonals.
    6 mons before December is probably a bit tight though lol Though Weavile will still be in season next season as an Ice type, and Grimmsnarl through it's Fairy typing. So we'd leave those for last I guess, in case we don't get around to them.
    Would also kinda like a Tera type on Morpeko (Hangry) that is different from the one we did on the Full Belly one (Poison Tera iirc)

Then maybe work our way down Noble Lilligant and/or Noble Avalugg after that, or do Toxicroak to finish off the Marnie challenge potentially.

We could start with Liepard & Scrafty, I guess?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    finished as well.

I was gonna do the Rivals and Champion Teams challenges after I finish a bunch of the challenges I'm currently working on, so the Marnie challenge is fine with me.

Could do all the Dark types from Marnie's challenge (Liepard, Scrafty, Morpeko (Hangry), and Grimmsnarl) and then follow up with an Alpha Skuntank and/or Alpha Weavile after that, for seasonals.
    6 mons before December is probably a bit tight though lol Though Weavile will still be in season next season as an Ice type, and Grimmsnarl through it's Fairy typing. So we'd leave those for last I guess, in case we don't get around to them.
    Would also kinda like a Tera type on Morpeko (Hangry) that is different from the one we did on the Full Belly one (Poison Tera iirc)

Then maybe work our way down Noble Lilligant and/or Noble Avalugg after that, or do Toxicroak to finish off the Marnie challenge potentially.

We could start with Liepard & Scrafty, I guess?

Start with Liepard, then. Do you want to do regular Liepard or Alpha Liepard? Cannot use this Alpha for a Noble. Costs 20 fewer posts over the regular version (plus big cat). Sees nothing against doing that. (Was not the one who created Alphas, though.)

For the future Morpeko: Good for whatever Tera. Completed all the gold medals. Is not aiming for Platinum.

Last edited:
    Years
    Start with Liepard, then. Do you want to do regular Liepard or Alpha Liepard? Cannot use this Alpha for a Noble. Costs 20 fewer posts over the regular version (plus big cat). Sees nothing against doing that. (Was not the one who created Alphas, though.)

For the future Morpeko: Good for whatever Tera. Completed all the gold medals. Is not aiming for Platinum.

You can raise Pokemon that weren't in Legends Arceus as Alpha's? =O

How about a Fighting Tera for the Morpeko? I mainly just want a different Tera on it to set it apart more the other Morpeko =P

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today

How about a Fighting Tera for the Morpeko? I mainly just want a different Tera on it to set it apart more the other Morpeko =P

Maybe. Might be thinking of an older version (with Alpha Stones) or just fabricating the memory entirely. Defers to Megan/Starlight on this one. Joined the VPP team after Alphas were introduced. Will post in the Obtain thread shortly asking for the Alpha. Accepts the regular version if that is not possible.

Fine with Fighting Tera for Morpeko.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For Nobles you need Alpha VPPs that you can find in the game. Likewise, any sort of legendary or other "special" Pokemon can not be an Alpha Pokemon (including Tera Types).

Everything else is fine.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today

Done with Alpha Liepard. Looks like you are too. Alpha Scrafty next?

Back