• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] =^w^= The Litter Box =^w^= (a cat lovers club)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh no, I ship my cats' food too... I hope I'll be able to get it.

Also my bf is now wanting to get us a naked cat lmao. Would be cute I guess.

Years
  • Oh no, I ship my cats' food too... I hope I'll be able to get it.

Also my bf is now wanting to get us a naked cat lmao. Would be cute I guess.

A naked cat sounds funny! Is it this breed by any chance, the Sphynx? I have heard it said that these cats were bred to look like this to provide pet owners with a hypoallergenic feline companion.

=^w^= The Litter Box =^w^= (a cat lovers club)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah a Sphynx :) they're supposedly pretty healthy and very affectionate! Plus, less hair ahah.

Years
  • I have heard they are brave and friendly cats. Once I saw a program on various cat breeds I think on Animal Planet, one segment followed a truck driver who was always on the go driving across country for long, late lonely hours and days. His companion was a lively Sphinx who rode passenger's side with him.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • *rolls in*

Hello everyone I haven't posted for two years because I kind of forgot about the club but.... I went through everyone's post and updated the member list. :why: I have now subscribed and it will not happen again sob.

As for current topic...! I've always been kinda iffy on hairless cats because they've always creeped me out a bit, but I discovered a few years ago that spots in a cat's fur show up as coloured spots on the skin of hairless/nearly-hairless cats and that's so endearing??? I still don't think I could have one (gosh, jude would be so flabby without all his fluff to hide just how big he is 😅)

Also sphinxes in little knitted sweaters is an absolute aesthetic. I mean, just look at this!!!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Also sphinxes in little knitted sweaters is an absolute aesthetic. I mean, just look at this!!!

omg they are! I've always figured they were beautiful in their own way. Cristina Vee has a hairless cat as well. I can see why they are kind of awkward because you're used to furry cats, you know?

Years
  • Welcome back Erica!

Does anyone know a Norwegian Forest cat? I keep telling people that I think my cat Ward could be one. I was told at Aarf when I adopted him that he was your run-of-the-mill domestic medium/long hair, but after flipping through different cat books I own and stumbling on some pictures of Wegies I am not so sure that he might not have a mixture of this breed somewhere in his ancestry. People dismiss me when I mention this, saying you don't find a breed like that in a shelter. They're expensive. I agree that is unexpected but in my experience volunteering at dog and cat shelters some beloved breeds have turned up there from time to time. I saw Yorkies last time I volunteered at the Humane Society.

This feline friend just showed up outside the door step of Aarf in a carrier, and we will never know where he came from. I can help but wonder now because I spot a lot of the features attributed to this breed like a ruff and plumed tail, tufts on the ears, large size, longer hair, but all in a subtly there way, not a pure bred but maybe still a trace of the Wegie. His personality also fits the bill. Norwegian Forest cats are known to be curious explorers, more chill and friendly than other cats, they are great mouse catchers, and like water. My cat is all of these things.

This is my boy Ward.

This is the cat that I sometimes wonder he might be.

Is there any resemblance, or am I nuts?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Welcome back Erica!

Does anyone know a Norwegian Forest cat? I keep telling people that I think my cat Ward could be one. I was told at Aarf when I adopted him that he was your run-of-the-mill domestic medium/long hair, but after flipping through different cat books I own and stumbling on some pictures of Wegies I am not so sure that he might not have a mixture of this breed somewhere in his ancestry. People dismiss me when I mention this, saying you don't find a breed like that in a shelter. They're expensive. I agree that is unexpected but in my experience volunteering at dog and cat shelters some beloved breeds have turned up there from time to time. I saw Yorkies last time I volunteered at the Humane Society.

This feline friend just showed up outside the door step of Aarf in a carrier, and we will never know where he came from. I can help but wonder now because I spot a lot of the features attributed to this breed like a ruff and plumed tail, tufts on the ears, large size, longer hair, but all in a subtly there way, not a pure bred but maybe still a trace of the Wegie. His personality also fits the bill. Norwegian Forest cats are known to be curious explorers, more chill and friendly than other cats, they are great mouse catchers, and like water. My cat is all of these things.

I know this feeling. I also don't know the breed of my cat either. Not much is really known about her because she was somewhat of a rescue, seeing how her original owner didn't want her/couldn't take good care of her. Anyway, some people think she could be Calico... but she doesn't have the same patterns and such. I've been speculating some breeds that she could be and what not. She also has heterochromia; one blue eye and one yellow. Here's a pic of her of anyone wants to take a guess at her breed. I'm all ears as to what you all think. :3

Years
  • I know this feeling. I also don't know the breed of my cat either. Not much is really known about her because she was somewhat of a rescue, seeing how her original owner didn't want her/couldn't take good care of her. Anyway, some people think she could be Calico... but she doesn't have the same patterns and such. I've been speculating some breeds that she could be and what not. She also has heterochromia; one blue eye and one yellow. Here's a pic of her of anyone wants to take a guess at her breed. I'm all ears as to what you all think. :3
    Thank you for sharing this information about your kitty cat. I'm not an expert on calico cats, but I do know that there are multiple patterns of calico, and I have seen some that are in splotches around the head like that, also calicos interestingly almost always female because cats need X two chromosomes to produce a certain coloration, or so I read.

What got my attention the most though was that you said your cat had one yellow and one blue. That detail makes me think of a few very specific breeds.

Before I say more though, does your cat have a big bushy tail, average, short? I didn't get a good look at the her tail because of the way she was positioned, and that part of the body might be a clue.

She's a lovely cat in any case, and you guys are lucky to have found eachother ^_^

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
  • Before I say more though, does your cat have a big bushy tail, average, short? I didn't get a good look at the her tail because of the way she was positioned, and that part of the body might be a clue.

Just an average tail. Nothing special. I don't have many pics of her where her tail shows. :( It's mostly like... black I think?

Years

• These cat pics are adorable everybody! Welcome to the club Zero Seven!

Bim's grey short blue coat is striking, and the pose it struck is just gold!

Just an average tail. Nothing special. I don't have many pics of her where her tail shows. :( It's mostly like... black I think?

Maybe your cat could have a little Calico Turkish Van like this one here? I am more accustomed to seeing red tabby patterns for that breed, but there's lots of different color schemes and evidently a black variant too.

I have noticed that gold and blue eyes are common with this breed, and sometimes they do have one of each.

So just a guess. Whatever your precious kitty is she is special and beautiful.

Years
  • Sorry to hear that you've been down. I hope you feel better. I have been meaning to post a cute pet video I watched of a cat and dog going through a domino obstacle course. If this has been a sad week I definitely want to share now and maybe lift the spirits with a little something short but sweet.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ohay.

Name/Nickname: Zero Seven
    Name of your cat: Bim
    Picture of your cat:

This is such an amazing picture omg. Welcome to the club!
    Sorry to hear that you've been down. I hope you feel better. I have been meaning to post a cute pet video I watched of a cat and dog going through a domino obstacle course. If this has been a sad week I definitely want to share now and maybe lift the spirits with a little something short but sweet.

Whenever I see vids like this, all I can think of is how poorly my cat would do. Jude has no spatial awareness. He thinks he fits in the smallest spaces when he just doesn't. He'd definitely knock down all the dominoes he tried to walk through. Definitely more like the dog than the cat. 😂

Years
  • I had some issues getting my cat's monthly litter supply again. This time Amazon clowned around and delivered my order to another address in a whole different state. So my new order was almost a week late, and I had to stretch what I had since I am still in quarantine.

Earlier this year when I had a late order of kitty later I tried a method I found online that involved newspaper/ junk mail, dishwashing liquid/ soap and baking soda... But I wasn't crazy about that one after trying it.

The product turned out alright, it smelled okay and looked like litter I guess, resembled some of the clay-based formulas I have used, but it was more tedious to make than it should have been. I had to meticulously shred stacks of paper, the paper needed to soak for several hours, and then dry for several more. It is not really practical in a pinch because it can take all day to make. Also even if you make what you think is a large amount often it boils down to being just only a little, barely enough to cover the litter pan for one day. So I didn't want to use this method a second time. It was just more trouble than it was worth.

So I tried something new yesterday and the day before to deal with the litter shortage. I shook the last few ounces of my usual cat litter formula out of the bag into the litter box. Since it wasn't going to be enough I went out into my back yard and gathered leaves and herbs to crumble and mix as a special emergency litter. We happen to have bushes of lots and lots of lemon grass several feet high. So I gathered arms full of the stuff, and shredded it to bits and made a big grassy bed for my cat in the litter box. It turned out surprisingly well. It doesn't track, it's very absorbent. It was quick and simple, and it makes the room smell just wonderful. It's a fragrant, clean, fresh, bright scent all day. It deodorizes better than any litter that I have bought. It smells like spring. I heard that cats respond well to this herb, and that it has similar qualities to catnip. When I pick lemon grass leaves now he immediately notices, and rubs his face against them. He loves the smell like I do! I read that lemon grass is also good for people. It's evidently calming, and come to think of it I feel really pleasant lately.

So I think we have turned a bad situation into something good. The overdue bag of kitty litter finally arrived this weekend, and I put it in my cat's litter box, but still sprinkle bits of lemon grass in my cat's litter regularly just as a freshener from now on, even though I don't need too.

Years
  • I had some issues getting my cat's monthly litter supply again. This time Amazon clowned around and delivered my order to another address in a whole different state. So my new order was almost a week late, and I had to stretch what I had since I am still in quarantine.

Earlier this year when I had a late order of kitty later I tried a method I found online that involved newspaper/ junk mail, dishwashing liquid/ soap and baking soda... But I wasn't crazy about that one after trying it.

The product turned out alright, it smelled okay and looked like litter I guess, resembled some of the clay-based formulas I have used, but it was more tedious to make than it should have been. I had to meticulously shred stacks of paper, the paper needed to soak for several hours, and then dry for several more. It is not really practical in a pinch because it can take all day to make. Also even if you make what you think is a large amount often it boils down to being just only a little, barely enough to cover the litter pan for one day. So I didn't want to use this method a second time. It was just more trouble than it was worth.

So I tried something new yesterday and the day before to deal with the litter shortage. I shook the last few ounces of my usual cat litter formula out of the bag into the litter box. Since it wasn't going to be enough I went out into my back yard and gathered leaves and herbs to crumble and mix as a special emergency litter. We happen to have bushes of lots and lots of lemon grass several feet high. So I gathered arms full of the stuff, and shredded it to bits and made a big grassy bed for my cat in the litter box. It turned out surprisingly well. It doesn't track, it's very absorbent. It was quick and simple, and it makes the room smell just wonderful. It's a fragrant, clean, fresh, bright scent all day. It deodorizes better than any litter that I have bought. It smells like spring. I heard that cats respond well to this herb, and that it has similar qualities to catnip. When I pick lemon grass leaves now he immediately notices, and rubs his face against them. He loves the smell like I do! I read that lemon grass is also good for people. It's evidently calming, and come to think of it I feel really pleasant lately.

So I think we have turned a bad situation into something good. The overdue bag of kitty litter finally arrived this weekend, and I put it in my cat's litter box, but still sprinkle bits of lemon grass in my cat's litter regularly just as a freshener from now on, even though I don't need too.

Have you tried Chewy? My boyfriend and I have automatic orders that come every six weeks or so with cat food and litter. It winds up being a bit cheaper than just buying it one bag at a time or randomly at the store. That's still p neat re: lemon grass - I might have to look into growing some .

heres a picture of my dumb boi being mad at me for not opening every single window in the house

Years
  • i'm going to be ordering my next set of flea treatment from chewy! i've always gotten it from amazon at this point but going by reviews there have been times where they sent bad batches. chewy seems more trustworthy in that regard. on that note, if anyone knows of any good flea products that are safe + work and last longer than a month, let me know! it's tiring to reapply drops every month for me, especially since my cats run as soon as i reach for the bag haha. D:

Years
  • Grow lemon grass! First it's really hardy, and grows really easy and big and tall! Second if my cat's an indicator then felines just adore it. Then it not only smells minty fresh and was handy to line a litter box with, but it has lots of other good uses, it's calming and used in aromatherapy and teas. It's also anti-bacterial and deters mosquitos. Any extra protection we can get right I'd say is a score this summer.

I have heard some really good things about Chewy! My mom buys from them regularly. Since they also get a gold star from Tyler I'll be bookmarking their website for the future. Let me know how your order of flea medicine goes also Jana, and if your thumb is up to. Volunteers I have met at the animal rescue shelter Arf have also told me that Chewy donates a lot to them like food, and litter boxes, toys, furniture. So that makes me want to patronize them.

I usually buy my cat food and litter from Amazon since I happen to be a prime member. Shipping is supposed to be free 1-2 days for me so I take advantage of that and use the autoship option, but with the crisis going on right now delivery dates have become a game of Russian roulette, so It nice to be reminded of other options like Chewy. I do need to have to try them eventually!

Since I got a cute picture of your boi being grumpy I have to tag you back. Here's my kitty giving lonely Mimikyu some love. I love to cuddle with the crochet myself, but didn't have the heart to take it from him! <3

Back