• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wait, this has a weird color...

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    When was the last time you found a shiny? Did you catch it, did you run from it, did you not notice it was shiny until it was too late? Have you ever found a shiny Pokémon at all?

I don't even remember when my last time was. But I do remember a shiny Petilil that got unoticed by me, I just realized it was shiny when I found another one with a slightly different color. I got very sad.

Years
    Last two shinies were Larvitar and Petilil.

I shiny hunted Larvitar before I found out Dragon Dance was an egg-only move, so SOS chaining it was kind of a waste of time, sadly.

I wanted Petilil for ever, but then by the time I caught one, it had a crappy Hidden Power type which was really saddening, so I didn't do much with it. u__u

I'm currently trying to breed for a shiny Roselia for Roserade, but that's likely going to take me forever and a day. ._.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The last shiny I found was a Quagsire in Pokemon Y. It was just a random find in a Friend's Safari, iirc. Totally caught it since how could ya miss the big pink muffin? <3

Years
    Hatched a shiny Mimikyu earlier this month. \o/ 5IV also, I love him. Nowadays I don't have much luck with random encounter shinies and end up having to spend time looking for them myself, like shiny breeding and SOS chaining lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i think my last one was a shiny drowzee i found in silver on my 3DS? pretty nice bc i haven't had much shiny success in gen II. that was a few years ago, though.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I think my last shiny was in Ultra Moon. Might have been a Grumpig. Not sure, though. But yesterday, I got that guaranteed shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve, but I doubt that actually counts LOL.

I also found a Shiny Skiploom and Nidorino in Heartgold a few months back while trying to find a Chansey for a Lucky Egg. LMFAO

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
    Years
    The first ever shiny I encountered was a Bellsprout on a Crystal rom sadly. The last one was a shiny Pidgey I that randomly appeared in Let's Go when I was shiny hunting for Butterfree - broke my catch chain, but I couldn't resist catching it!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    an actual encounter? must have been a shiny Wurmple in Omegra Ruby, since its not a Pokemon I like at all, I send it on Wonder trade, kind of funny I got another normal Wurmple in return

not encounters, trying to hatch a female Eevee, I got a shiny male Eevee, its but "runs away" (ability"
    "it bravely runs away"

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    My last Shiny was an Omanyte in Diamond back in March, but I was hunting it.

My last accidental Shiny (found while not intentionally hunting anything) was an Elekid during my initial Ultra Sun playthrough. "Ah, another Pokémon I've no interest in using. I'll just run awa—WAIT! DID IT JUST SPARKLE!?" And literally one step away from the last tile of grass on the route.

Years
    The last one I found was a shiny Pidgey in Pokemon LeafGreen when I was doing the Professor Oak challenge.

Oddly enough I usually find the majority of shinies I've encountered in the past in the various Safari Zones of previous games or when listening to the Lucky Number Channel in Pokemon Crystal, Gold or Silver.

Years
    I managed to chain for a shiny Vulpix in LGE, which is the first time I've successfully chained for any shiny Pokemon (and it was really early in my chain too, like in my first 30 I think). Shortly before that I actually stumbled across a shiny Pidgeotto on Route 5, but it was on the other side of the fence while I was on the walkway, and I wasn't able to get to it in time.

Back