• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to be available in raids

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Uuuuh... I know I got one in Violet, so I should be able to use whatever it was I used there. I just have to check which one as I don't quite remember at the moment. (I also can't check until I here back from the person I'm trading with for reasons I'm too tired to type.)

Edit: And just to make sure, this is for tomorrow as in 24 hours later, not tomorrow as in later today. (for me at least) I wouldn't want you to waste your time
    waiting for me when I'm not going to show up lol.

No worries, breeding and EV'ing takes like 10 minutes now with sandwiches etc. get some sleep :)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I checked Violet and sadly I don't remember my winning Pokemon, so I'm just going to EV IV my level 100 Iron Valiant for this instead. It should work.
    I think I also figured out how sharing Tera Raids works, so that's nice!

Edit: I just learned that I can't use my old Switch to trade Pokemon between my games because unlike in the past where the game's memory was on the cartridge,
    now it's stored on the Switch itself for whatever stupid reason. So I'll need help ferrying my Iron Valiant between games for this to work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I checked Violet and sadly I don't remember my winning Pokemon, so I'm just going to EV IV my level 100 Iron Valiant for this instead. It should work.
    I think I also figured out how sharing Tera Raids works, so that's nice!

Edit: I just learned that I can't use my old Switch to trade Pokemon between my games because unlike in the past where the game's memory was on the cartridge,
    now it's stored on the Switch itself for whatever stupid reason. So I'll need help ferrying my Iron Valiant between games for this to work.

1. Go to Options, Data Management, Save Data Transfer - you can move it over quite easily, then just put the cartridge in the other console. I figured this out a few days ago after initially believing alarmist stuff saying its impossible (just can't use 2 Switch online at the same time).
    2. Iron Hands can OHKO in 3 turns, the only support it needs is Defence and Heal cheers. Really easy. If you don't have one, I'll EV my Japanese one but I may need to nab an Adamant / Lonely mint as I don't have enough badges (can give a valuable item to recoup the costs).

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • 1. Go to Options, Data Management, Save Data Transfer - you can move it over quite easily, then just put the cartridge in the other console. I figured this out a few days ago after initially believing alarmist stuff saying its impossible (just can't use 2 Switch online at the same time).
    2. Iron Hands can OHKO in 3 turns, the only support it needs is Defence and Heal cheers. Really easy. If you don't have one, I'll EV my Japanese one but I may need to nab an Adamant / Lonely mint as I don't have enough badges (can give a valuable item to recoup the costs).

1. Now that's very clever, I never would've thought of that. It saves me the hassle of doing my next Scarlet run on a wired console.(the battery went bad in my old Switch)

2. I'm not familiar with the Iron Hands strategy, though I'll admit my Iron Valiant plan won't work due to me basing it on Walking Wake's Dragon Type,
    which it doesn't have in the raid, so that was pointless.

3. So I was just testing a few more things, when I managed to win against one with my Pawmot. I figured I'd catch it on a whim for the fun of it.
    Take a guess what Nature it has...

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    1. Now that's very clever, I never would've thought of that. It saves me the hassle of doing my next Scarlet run on a wired console.(the battery went bad in my old Switch)

2. I'm not familiar with the Iron Hands strategy, though I'll admit my Iron Valiant plan won't work due to me basing it on Walking Wake's Dragon Type,
    which it doesn't have in the raid, so that was pointless.

3. So I was just testing a few more things, when I managed to win against one with my Pawmot. I figured I'd catch it on a whim for the fun of it.
    Take a guess what Nature it has...

Yeah I've bought 3 Switches in like a year so I've got good at that stuff haha
    No, but it won't get KO'd which is the main thing. I considered using one of my HA Pawmi but they don't get Belly Drum, so Iron Hands' 3HKO is still the best for grinding it out. If I get it trained, all you have to do is 2 cheers!
    Tease…it's a Timid Nundo?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • What caused you to need three Switches in a year? I really hope it wasn't from technical problems at least.
    *sigh* Okay, just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it. Though I'm not all that fond of using Pokemon I haven't set up myself. (just a personal preference thing, I can make an exception in this case though)
    While I'm not sure what a Nundo is, it indeed was Timid. I can always just give you this one if you want, I have another one in Violet and I only need one. But I'll leave it up to you.

Also I'm around, so we can get this started whenever you like.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    What caused you to need three Switches in a year? I really hope it wasn't from technical problems at least.
    *sigh* Okay, just tell me what you need me to do and I'll do it. Though I'm not all that fond of using Pokemon I haven't set up myself. (just a personal preference thing, I can make an exception in this case though)
    While I'm not sure what a Nundo is, it indeed was Timid. I can always just give you this one if you want, I have another one in Violet and I only need one. But I'll leave it up to you.

Also I'm around, so we can get this started whenever you like.

Decided to collect them. Well, wanted a Switch and a Lite - so got both Pokémon editions. Then decided to go all-in and get the new Scarlet & Violet one figuring how well I take care of consoles, it'll have resale value (but is also just a lovely upgrade - LGPE look amazing on it even after my eyes have adjusted), and that given the age I'd probably get drift in the LGPE one.
    So I need you to trade me an Adamant mint. You can get them from Chansey supply. Then when we're in the battles, its just a Defence cheer on turn 1 and a Heal cheer on turn 2 after I Belly Drum, then I can OHKO it without ever having shields.
    Go terminology - means it has terrible IVs. Na I'm really looking to get one in my Lure Ball. Might settle for Modest if it looks like we're going to run out of time. I do know of a guy on reddit who is offering a Miraidon, 5 shinies, 5 Beast Balls, and a Lure Ball for a Walking Wake with 0 Atk IV though!

I'll come online now. I don't know if you want to do this in DMs (I don't have discord, but saves clogging up this thread I guess)

EDIT: Guess it makes sense to go through Union Circle rather than repeated link codes too, I assume you can trade in there. Or if I'm in your game, does that mean I can buy my own mint? hmm…

DOUBLE-EDIT: Actually I don't know how the reset would work in Union Circle. Better not.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Cool! I'm glad it was by choice and not them constantly breaking.
    I had to catch a junkmon just so I could trade it lol.
    Makes sense to me, and damn! What an offer! I'm always up to do this again if we don't find it today, it's not like I've got a bunch of other stuff to do in the game after all lol.

(PS I'm ready to trade, and DMs are a good idea)

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • So this is apparently a timed thing, and I just started Scarlet so my levels are no where near what they should be for this kind of thing. Is there anyone who I can piggy back off of to get this walking wake cause I don't want to miss out.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Really hate that they are releasing them in raids and not making them available outside raids. Guess the good news is you don't need them for the shiny charm.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Really hate that they are releasing them in raids and not making them available outside raids. Guess the good news is you don't need them for the shiny charm.

They're going to be available in some form in April according to Serebii (and the initial announcement did say they would return). So perhaps not as raids? Although if they are then at least they're 5-star raids, so not quite as oppressively hard as the 7-stars - which haven't been legendaries - if you're solo or inexperienced.

Years
  • The Raids are pretty hard for me that I am solo. I was close to beat Iron Leaves several times, but never made it. And I am talking about a level 100 Pokémon with me. The Raid itself can be hard, but I guess that in solo you gotta add that the rest doesn't count a lot. So, I think they should have lowered the difficulty. Wait what, am I seriously saying that about Pokemon lol?

Anyway, about the designs, I am not really happy with any of those. I still prefer Violet paradoxes tbh. I like Iron leaves more than Walking Wave, that I really hated at first tbh. I didn't like how they made a dinosaur out of Suicune tbh. I still don't like it, but has grown just a little bit on me. Iron Leaves is really basic, but I guess it makes sense as it follows all the other future paradoxes line. I don't mind it.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • The Raids are pretty hard for me that I am solo. I was close to beat Iron Leaves several times, but never made it. And I am talking about a level 100 Pokémon with me. The Raid itself can be hard, but I guess that in solo you gotta add that the rest doesn't count a lot. So, I think they should have lowered the difficulty. Wait what, am I seriously saying that about Pokemon lol?

If you'd like a co-pilot for Iron Leaves Raids I'm up for it, I've got a pretty good Pokemon for them as well.
    Though I'm a touch out of practice with that Raid due to me getting it over with as soon as it first appeared,
    so I might need a run or two to find my rhythm again.

Years
  • If you'd like a co-pilot for Iron Leaves Raids I'm up for it, I've got a pretty good Pokemon for them as well.
    Though I'm a touch out of practice with that Raid due to me getting it over with as soon as it first appeared,
    so I might need a run or two to find my rhythm again.

Thanks, but I'll probably be so busy in this period. If I am not, I'll ask you. Thanks anyway <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2023
    I'd never seen an Arboliva until the Pika raids, its so cool! I knew Smoliv was cute but given how Lechonk's evo was just…a pig, the fact that "just a tree" turned out so great to look at is brilliant, finding its use in raids even better.

I would take an Azurill if you have some spare :)

Sorry, haven't checked here in awhile, if you still need one, lemme know.

Back