• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to be available in raids

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2023
    I saw someone today solo the Iron Leaves raid with Spidops just proves that Pokemon isn't as bad as people say it is found it great though that such an underated Pokemon got used I watched them do it was very interesting, I have seen alot of people use Lokix for the Iron Leaves raid as I heard its a great counter I went with Scizor and chamged its Tera type type from Grass to Normal.

Flutter Mane is another popular Pokemon to use in the Iron Leaves raid.

Todescruel was apparently the best Pokemon to use in the Pikachu raid as it had the major type advantage and I actually like it didn't do that raid myself though didn't interest me also seen Todescruel used against Walking Wake.

Idk, the neutral defense against water would make the opening a bit rough. I had great success with seed sower Arboliva. Sunny day -> energy ball until tera charge -> terrain pulse/Giga drain until dead. There was also a strat with Lilligant but Arboliva is weirdly one of my fave mons and I had perfect success so I never tried.

For 5 star raids, especially dragon, fire, dark, flying, water, fighting, steel, rock, you can do the vast majority with Iron Hands @ booster energy -> belly drum (assuming good type matchup, not a good idea vs. psychic, fairy or flying) and drain punch/close combat/thunder punch until dead. I'm actually going to start using 2 different iron hands setups, one for fighting tera and one for electric. Then, for the other types I mentioned, Azumarill (with huge power) @ shell bell, belly drum and then play rough/liquidation/whatever other coverage move you want until dead. Because of the massive damage Azumarill puts out, the shell bell will usually completely heal your mon to full as it heals based on a % of damage (the description is very misleading about that)

If you need a good IV Azurill I have some and I'll give you one with belly drum bred in if you want to try to get started with 5/6 stars because they can be very lucrative, between catching mons with HA, or herba mystica, bottle caps and I've gotten a few ability patches as well, on top of the shards and XP candy. I'll even level it and ev train it for you if you need lol.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Idk, the neutral defense against water would make the opening a bit rough. I had great success with seed sower Arboliva. Sunny day -> energy ball until tera charge -> terrain pulse/Giga drain until dead. There was also a strat with Lilligant but Arboliva is weirdly one of my fave mons and I had perfect success so I never tried.

If you need a good IV Azurill I have some and I'll give you one with belly drum bred in if you want to try to get started with 5/6 stars because they can be very lucrative, between catching mons with HA, or herba mystica, bottle caps and I've gotten a few ability patches as well, on top of the shards and XP candy. I'll even level it and ev train it for you if you need lol.

I'd never seen an Arboliva until the Pika raids, its so cool! I knew Smoliv was cute but given how Lechonk's evo was just…a pig, the fact that "just a tree" turned out so great to look at is brilliant, finding its use in raids even better.

I would take an Azurill if you have some spare :)

Years
  • Idk, the neutral defense against water would make the opening a bit rough. I had great success with seed sower Arboliva. Sunny day -> energy ball until tera charge -> terrain pulse/Giga drain until dead. There was also a strat with Lilligant but Arboliva is weirdly one of my fave mons and I had perfect success so I never tried.

For 5 star raids, especially dragon, fire, dark, flying, water, fighting, steel, rock, you can do the vast majority with Iron Hands @ booster energy -> belly drum (assuming good type matchup, not a good idea vs. psychic, fairy or flying) and drain punch/close combat/thunder punch until dead. I'm actually going to start using 2 different iron hands setups, one for fighting tera and one for electric. Then, for the other types I mentioned, Azumarill (with huge power) @ shell bell, belly drum and then play rough/liquidation/whatever other coverage move you want until dead. Because of the massive damage Azumarill puts out, the shell bell will usually completely heal your mon to full as it heals based on a % of damage (the description is very misleading about that)

Thank you for the kind offer but I don't have a Switch Online Account

Years
  • Took me two tries to catch Iron Leaves. Tried to fight it with Meowscarada, but then it pulled out Megahorn xD
    I went with Ceruledge second time round though, which beat it.

For Walking Wake I joined a random online tera raid with Iron Hands and the crew just barely beat it first time.
    My Iron Hands never went Down, but the hosts Koraidon fainted multiple times. My other brethren in arms were another Iron Hands and a Meowscarada.
    The match truly felt like a buzzer beater as the timer was almost out.

I've developed a slight preference for Iron Leaves between the two.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I like Walking Wake. Nice touch to the Dinosaur age. Walking Wake took me couple tries to beat, but manage to catch it. Used Slowbro for him.
    Iron Leaves looks fine to me. I like the 2 new designs for the 2 paradox mons. Better than the Magneton... Then for Iron Leaves I used Persserker. Took me about 5-6 tries to beat so Iron Leaves was more of a challenge for me than Walking Wake.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Still wish they would be more inventive than Iron prefix again but oh well, designs look nice nonetheless haha!

Years
  • I did Walking Wake pretty quickly - first raid was successful. But for Iron Leaves it took me probably 6 or 7 attempts. Constant stream of people bringing things like Meowscarada and fainting because of Megahorn. Finally got it! whew

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
    Years
  • Walking Wake, took about 2 tries. Iron Leaves took so long because of how many people brought dark types without being prepared for Megahorn. I am glad I had a high level Scizor to help resist a lot of the attacks and deal supereffective bug type damage.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Traded the Gastrodon and Appletun that I used to defeat Greninja and Pikachu over to my Scarlet save to do these raids (thinking of resetting for natures and IVs on my main, just wanted this done). First attempt at Iron Leaves went well, not particularly quickly but Appletun took barely any damage so I could heal my team before spanning Apple Acid.
    Walking Wake took 2 attempts. First, with Umbreon, Gastrodon, and two Kingambit, went disastrously. The little soldiers barely survived a hit (and I accidentally Clear Smogged it). 2nd attempt one of the Kingambit was now an Iron Hands (but this isn't in the official "Strat" in the reddit megathread so they apologised for it). Belly Drum, I healed it with a cheer, Thunderpunch got the OHKO. My Iron Leaves came out Jolly too! Caught them in a Dusk and Dive ball, on my main I'll use Friend and Lure.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I was about to unsee this event since it's almost one month I've not touched my Pokémon Scarlet cartridge at all. Got my Acquecrespe (Walking Wake) thanks to Gothitelle and now I'm going to do the same for Fogliaferrea (Iron Leaves) - guess I'm going to use Kingambit for the latter.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Any PC members willing to host Walking Wake raids?
    I've been trying to reset until I get a Timid one (may settle for Modest) but I can't get my own raids and the reddit thread I'm normally in is a lot less activate (also Violet players seem to outnumber Scarlet 2:1).

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Any PC members willing to host Walking Wake raids?
    I've been trying to reset until I get a Timid one (may settle for Modest) but I can't get my own raids and the reddit thread I'm normally in is a lot less activate (also Violet players seem to outnumber Scarlet 2:1).

Is there a specific reason you're looking for one with that nature and not just stat fixing with a mint? (serious question cause I have no idea)
    While I technically can host Walking Wake Raids, I don't have a clue how to do them for specific people as I've never needed to do it before.
    If you tell me how I'll do it for you though.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Is there a specific reason you're looking for one with that nature and not just stat fixing with a mint? (serious question cause I have no idea)
    While I technically can host Walking Wake Raids, I don't have a clue how to do them for specific people as I've never needed to do it before.
    If you tell me how I'll do it for you though.

Yeah, I don't like Mints haha
    Like I'll happily hyper train if necessary when its something like this, but I want to see a good nature when I look at the summary.

I think you just make sure you're online before approaching the raid, then it should give the option for link code. Its also possible through Union Circle (like I don't have to chase you through the map, just the host has to get to the raid)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't like Mints haha
    Like I'll happily hyper train if necessary when its something like this, but I want to see a good nature when I look at the summary.

Fair enough.

I can't host anything right now, as I'm waiting on a responce about a trade, (plus I'm really tired and about to go to sleep.
    But I'd be more than fine with hosting some raids tomorrow if you'd like. (or later today if I can get this trade I'm working on finished first)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Fair enough.

I can't host anything right now, as I'm waiting on a responce about a trade, (plus I'm really tired and about to go to sleep.
    But I'd be more than fine with hosting some raids tomorrow if you'd like. (or later today if I can get this trade I'm working on finished first)

What's your time zone? Try to figure out if our days line up. I normally finish work now but doing another hour, then I'm usually online until 1 or 2am GMT

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I believe I'm on Pacific time, but I'm up at weird hours. Right now it's 9:20AM and I'm about to go to bed, so I'm not sure if that helps with this.
    I don't mind setting an alarm if I need to wake up a bit earlier though.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I believe I'm on Pacific time, but I'm up at weird hours. Right now it's 9:20AM and I'm about to go to bed, so I'm not sure if that helps with this.
    I don't mind setting an alarm if I need to wake up a bit earlier though.

Aha yeah that is weird. So when I normally finish being online (my 2am) is your 6pm. Up to you if that works with you, I can keep trawling reddit a few more days if not - I'll get desperate at the weekend though!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I'll set an alarm for 3:00PM my time tomorrow if that works for you, that should hopefully give you about three hours to find what you're looking for.
    How are you planning on checking the natures while only being able to catch one though?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'll set an alarm for 3:00PM my time tomorrow if that works for you, that should hopefully give you about three hours to find what you're looking for.
    How are you planning on checking the natures while only being able to catch one though?

Awesome! So that's 11 for me. Set my alarm too :)
    Its has to be a different raid each time. I don't have autosave on, so I reset my game until I get the right one.
    What Pokémon do you have to take it on, do you need me to provide a support or an attacker?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Uuuuh... I know I got one in Violet, so I should be able to use whatever it was I used there. I just have to check which one as I don't quite remember at the moment. (I also can't check until I here back from the person I'm trading with for reasons I'm too tired to type.)

Edit: And just to make sure, this is for tomorrow as in 24 hours later, not tomorrow as in later today. (for me at least) I wouldn't want you to waste your time
    waiting for me when I'm not going to show up lol.

Back