• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I'd expect there to be the ability to change between the Classic RS and Emerald outfits at the very least. Perhaps add in some additional clothes based off FRLG as bonuses that you can buy at the Battle Frontier or something. It'd also be cool to alter the colour of each item, yes.

Here's another idea: an "Outfits" tab.

Years
  • I would prefer it if this never happened. It would be a pain to have to go back and change your outfit just because you want (or even need) to go into a certain area. Clothes are essentially an extra in XY; they're just for fun, so it would suck if they became part of the story for no reason.

I like it when they did that sort of thing in XY. Cyllage City had sports attire, Snowbelle City had winter attire, etc.

I mean, that's true, but it would add some realism to the games. Not that realism is a relevant or even desired aspect in the development of Pokemon at any point, but I personally appreciate it when this at least a bit, and something like this would be easy to implement. Maybe if they put a clothing store closer to places where you would need to change outfits for easy access, it would work. o:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    My life will significantly improve if they provide unlockable Team Aqua/Magma uniforms post-game. It's not a good sign that they didn't do something similar with Team Flare in Kalos, but I'm going to remain optimistic and hopeful. c:

In HGSS they gave your character the opportunity to wear a TR uniform for the sake of a photograph and to enter the Radio Tower, so if customization returns I think there's no excuse for Magma and Aqua uniforms to not be included! It's something I really, really hope happens!

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • Going to a different tangent here, Gamefreak doesn't have a very large history when it comes to games with a lot of customization or letting things go in the players hands. It's always been them laying down a path and having us walk it. Now this isn't bad obviously, as long as you do it right; So, I guess the point is you shouldn't expect too much of that from them RIGHT off the bat.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to see customization being a mandatory thing in the storyline! Yeah, I am seriously imagining you wearing Team Aqua or Magma uniforms or something! :33

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I hope that they'll have sandles as a footwear option. In XY we didn't get more then Boots and Sneakers, and even then it wasn't much...
    That's because roller skating sandals don't exist in real life, so it makes little sense to have sandals as a footwear option. The only way for sandals and flip flops to be available is if rolling skating is absent in ORAS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That's because roller skating sandals don't exist in real life, so it makes little sense to have sandals as a footwear option. The only way for sandals and flip flops to be available is if rolling skating is absent in ORAS.

I forgot about that. I guess it could be an option which doesn't allow us to roller blade. It may be helpful for those who hate to use the control pad and prefer to use the joystick but don't like the speed of Rollerblading. It's also possible that rollerskates may not come back.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think we will get Rollerblades. Hoenn has a lack of roads on most routes, while in Kalos there was usually a paved road connecting each town. It wouldn't really make sense to rollerblade through grass.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I really hope we dont get rollerblades this time around. If they did return it, atleast make them removable. Maybe the Circle Pad could be used for Running Shoes or maybe for the Bikes? And I agree with Altairis with Hoenn being not as urban as Kalos is. Imagine getting stuck using rollerblades in Route 119. Scary, dont you think?

Years
  • The new Brendan and May look decent, I'm hoping they add customization so that we can change their clothes and possibly take Brendan's hat off.. just to see what his hair really looks like.

Years
  • The new Brendan and May look decent, I'm hoping they add customization so that we can change their clothes and possibly take Brendan's hat off.. just to see what his hair really looks like.

His hair probably looks like Ruby's. Btw anyone noticed how both Red and Brendan's hair in their remake art is browner compared to the originals when their hair could be considered Black.

I think that their redesigns hint at customization as their eyes are grey when in the original they were brown. I hope so as I don't like the grey eyes on them. So I hope that we get to pick their eye color and get the contacts at a later route.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    His hair probably looks like Ruby's. Btw anyone noticed how both Red and Brendan's hair in their remake art is browner compared to the originals when their hair could be considered Black.

I think that their redesigns hint at customization as their eyes are grey when in the original they were brown. I hope so as I don't like the grey eyes on them. So I hope that we get to pick their eye color and get the contacts at a later route.
    It would be nice if could change the shape of the eyes too.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I hope we get the clothes they used in RSE back into the game also. Although I like their designs, it is kinda weird to see them not in their RSE forms xD

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I do hope this comes back, hopefully including outfit pieces nostalgic of May/Brendon's original and Emerald outfits. Maybe some more Pokemon themed clothing this time too :P

Years
  • I would prefer it if this never happened. It would be a pain to have to go back and change your outfit just because you want (or even need) to go into a certain area. Clothes are essentially an extra in XY; they're just for fun, so it would suck if they became part of the story for no reason.

I like it when they did that sort of thing in XY. Cyllage City had sports attire, Snowbelle City had winter attire, etc.
    If clothing was part of the story like swimwear for diving, most likely it would auto switch for you.
    I do hope this comes back, hopefully including outfit pieces nostalgic of May/Brendon's original and Emerald outfits. Maybe some more Pokemon themed clothing this time too
    Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion
    ^This. It would be the only thing that would have this game from being an aesthetic disaster like BW2, but for the love of nostalgia I hope the old outfits are at least an option and colourable, that would make my day.

Eye shape would be awesome. It'll mean one will be more likely not to look like someone else.
    The option to change facial expressions would be awesome. The blank face you have by default with that plain smile under your huge eyes they give you bugs me.

Last edited:

Years
  • If clothing was part of the story like swimwear for diving, most likely it would auto switch for you.

^This. It would be the only thing that would have this game from being an aesthetic disaster like BW2, but for the love of nostalgia I hope the old outfits are at least an option and colourable, that would make my day.

The option to change facial expressions would be awesome. The blank face you have by default with that plain smile under your huge eyes they give you bugs me.
    Yeah...the look with the smile can be creepy. Or at least they should have a mood thing where the player will show the mood "you're in" for the day.

Back