• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I googled pics of Sandshrew and Sandslash and now I like them wuite a bit. They are like Umbreon, cute/zen/beast in the same time, just less than Umbreon.

"Wuite"
    "Cute"
    But yeah they are cute. 8D

I once had a Sandshrew named Nemo in a Crystal game. Other than that I don't think I've actually used Sandshrew. :0

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I've used Sandshrew/Sandslash a few times. Not recently though as the last time I used one is in a playthrough of Sapphire a few years back. Maybe I should see about using one again sometime.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I googled pics of Sandshrew and Sandslash and now I like them quite a bit. They are like Umbreon, cute/zen/beast in the same time, just less than Umbreon.
    Join the dark side >:]

In all honesty as much as I absolutely adore Sandshrew/Sandslash, I really wouldn't suggest using them in game. I use them in almost every team I make because they're my favourite line and I find them both so cool/cute/awesome, but they really aren't the most fun Pokémon to train haha. Sandslash's move pool is... limited at best, and he really doesn't offer much to a team that 90% of other Ground-types couldn't do just as well or better. It's a shame because such cool Pokemon should have equally cool play styles/moves, but that's the curse of the Sandshrew lover </3

Also random side note but 2nd to last exam is tomorrow afternoon, so close to finishing!!!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's a good thing I don't really care much about that in in-game teams. :') My ORAS team was Swampert, Absol, Flygon, Swellow, Torkoal, and Pikachu.

In which like late game did I realize that half of my team was what Ash had during Hoenn hahah whoops!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    -Sigh- Who remembers their first ever Pokemon team?
    Mine was Blaziken and Kyogre. Seriously that'a all I trained for a good bit. XD

jk though it ended up as Blaziken, Swellow, Gyarados, Espeon, Skitit, and Kyogre.

A little off topic but I checked my Kyogre in AS and his nature is Jolly.
    Cue flashback of me showing my sister my Jolly Kyogre on Apphire and saying 'is this the face of mercy to you?!'
    I crai evrrytiem

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

In all honesty as much as I absolutely adore Sandshrew/Sandslash, I really wouldn't suggest using them in game. I use them in almost every team I make because they're my favourite line and I find them both so cool/cute/awesome, but they really aren't the most fun Pokémon to train haha. Sandslash's move pool is... limited at best, and he really doesn't offer much to a team that 90% of other Ground-types couldn't do just as well or better. It's a shame because such cool Pokemon should have equally cool play styles/moves, but that's the curse of the Sandshrew lover </3

At least they learn some useful moves in the current generation, Earthquake and Swords Dance. TMs can add Brick Break, Stone Edge and X-Scissor. This is a lot of improvement compared to early generations in which they only learn Slash and Poison Sting as about the only offensive moves. That doesn't really work out well. Pachirisu has the same problem, doesn't it?

Years

I found this image in 9GAG:
    Spoiler:

I laughed way too hard at this :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back