• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

I never really paid attention to the ghost girl stuff, I don't really get spooked by that kind of thing.

Also here's a free Trivia Sandshrew for you kids:
    Spoiler:

totally not posting here just to post that pic

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Thanks Laguna, I would totally do it myself if double posting didn't prevent me from doing it. #firstworldPCproblems

Official artwork get, it's a lot better than this sprite I made a while ago.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

@Revise, it's a hack that takes place in Hoenn, but in post-apocalyptic style. It has a great story line, but the level curve is really hard near the end of the game in my experience.

Ah, I see. I'm guessing the gameplay isn't too different, right? :O

Also here's a free Trivia Sandshrew for you kids:
    Spoiler:

totally not posting here just to post that pic

Holy goodness, that is perfect! You're amazing, you know that? :D

(Oh snap, I hope Lycan doesn't brainwash you into joining his army...)

Thanks Laguna, I would totally do it myself if double posting didn't prevent me from doing it. #firstworldPCproblems

Official artwork get, it's a lot better than this sprite I made a while ago.

So you DID make that sprite! Looks like you've finally admitted that you're the leader of that evil Sandshrew gang!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    6.Holy goodness, that is perfect! You're amazing, you know that? :D

(Oh snap, I hope Lycan doesn't brainwash you into joining his army...)

Actually I didn't draw that, I just requested that one of my friends draw it when she was streaming.

I already am part of Lycan's army

Meadow

Years

Actually I didn't draw that, I just requested that one of my friends draw it when she was streaming.

I already am part of Lycan's army

Ah, I see. She did a really good job! But still, you helped bring the picture into existence by instigating it, so that's a nice deed in itself. xD

NO.

Anyway, since we were on the topic of creepy Pokémon stuff, how do you guys think of Pumpkaboo and Phantump? (They're not really creepy, but I guess they're still Halloween-ish. ^.^)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    10 I don't like them much. In fact I dislike nearly every gen 6 poke, it's my least favourite gen for designs. Am I the only one who thinks that?

Sorry for being off topic, but I decided to return to my Black 2 run so that I could improve my opinion on that game, and what is with that sudden level curve between the 3rd and 4th gyms!? Half of my gang is level 22, and the elec gym's ace is level 30. I know it's my fault for being underlevelled, but this is insane! I don't remember the other games having such a level spike! Did you guys have a problem with it?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Ah, I see. I'm guessing the gameplay isn't too different, right? :O

Not really, it's just the game's style. There's no straightforward path through the region, you aren't able to reach all of Hoenn and many Gym Leaders are dead with their Gyms destroyed. Getting badges can happen on very strange occasions.

So you DID make that sprite! Looks like you've finally admitted that you're the leader of that evil Sandshrew gang!

Er... I mean I found it on my computer. No idea how it got there.

Anyway, since we were on the topic of creepy Pokémon stuff, how do you guys think of Pumpkaboo and Phantump? (They're not really creepy, but I guess they're still Halloween-ish. ^.^)

I love them, they're easily my favorite grass type Pokémon, especially Phantump.

10 I don't like them much. In fact I dislike nearly every gen 6 poke, it's my least favourite gen for designs. Am I the only one who thinks that?

I don't have a real preference for a generation. Each generation has Pokémon with a great design and Pokémon and bad designed Pokémon as well. Personally I don't feel like there's one superior or inferior compared to the others.

Sorry for being off topic, but I decided to return to my Black 2 run so that I could improve my opinion on that game, and what is with that sudden level curve between the 3rd and 4th gyms!? Half of my gang is level 22, and the elec gym's ace is level 30. I know it's my fault for being underlevelled, but this is insane! I don't remember the other games having such a level spike! Did you guys have a problem with it?

Hmm... I haven't experienced that problem. When I faced Elesa in Black 2, I had a party of two lv30 Pokémon, one in 29, a 27 and one in 24, which I just captured. Levels didn't really give me a high disadvantage. Have you beaten all the trainers in the rollercoaster and to the routes east and west of the city? Also, there are these sports accommodations where you can battle each day.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

@ Arrow_Riddari: I am doing a Nuzlocke, and in B2's normal mode.

@ Lycan: I plan to get everyone to just 28 and go. Nope, I haven't beaten the roller coater yet. But I will, of course.

Years

The Nuzlockes are always intriguing. There was a guy on Marriland doing a Challenge Mode Wedlocke in Black 2 who is currently on Victory Road, and while he has had only 3 deaths, all of them were killed by a Sigilyph, a Pokemon that tends to be feared in 5th Gen.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years

Not gonna lie when i played Black 2 Sigilyph always took out half my team in challenge mode
    also i really wanna do another Nuzlocke soon when i get the time

Meadow

Years

I keep forgetting that I've never tried Challenge Mode in B2/W2, even though I should. I almost always overgrind anyway, haha. (Bad habit, yup.)

Er... I mean I found it on my computer. No idea how it got there.
    *looks at you suspiciously* If you say so... xD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I've been doing the evolocke lately because I find it more fun than the normal nuzlocke, but me and some friends have started up an FRLG Nuzlocke race that weve both forgotten about. I love the amount of chances to get Rattata though because those things are killers at level 14/15. HYPER FANG MUAHAHAHA~

Years

@DyingWillFlareon: Currently doing a multi-region Nuzlocke, so one character goes through all the regions. May be a Fanfiction later [if it works out well]. I do have Dupes Clause so I don't reuse a ton of Pokemon and whatever I took to the Hall of Fame cannot be used in a later region. So like in Kanto, if I take Pidgeot into the Hall of Fame, I cannot use Pidgeot again.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

@Arrow: Niceee, I'd do that too but without the Hall of Fame clause, just cause I like to think the characters would look up to the older generations of trainers. XD "WOAH RED ALSO USED A PIDGEOT WHICH EVOLVES FROM PIDGEY SO YOURE COMING WITH ME" -Gold Also, if you do make it into a fanfiction I'd love to read it!! :3

I wish I had more dedication for games. I'm really good at starting them, but not so great at finishing them....

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years

I know what you mean Flareon, there's way too many games I've left half-completed after losing interest ;-; Sometimes, they start out so good but get old so fast and other times it starts off really boring but I end up finishing and then replaying them :o

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

with Pokemon I like replaying and beating the gyms and such but I never really play much of post-game to be honest. I guess Pokemon's post game just isn't something for me? Other than I suppose Johto if you wanna say Kanto was post-game but things like the battle frontier and such are things that I never really do.

Though to be fair only the Tales of Series seems to be a game where I keep playing for a while even after I beat the final boss hahah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back