• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

pkmin3033

I finished Snap over the weekend after release and I haven't touched it since - too much else to do. It was a nice break, but that's all it was, definitely not enough to keep me invested for hours.

Years
  • Didn't you beat it? Or do you mean the postgame?

Tbh. I still need to pick it up. ^^"

Yeah I beat it, then haven't had time to play it since :(

The post game will likely be something I tinker with for a while once I start again, it's very relaxing!

Also, my apologies for not updating the thread with the latest ghosts and all! This thread will likely get a revamp in the future with new gimmicks (just for fun!). ^ ^

Ooohhh new stuffs 😁

Years

Beat it yesterday. Hunting mons to complete the photodex as much as possible atm, while leveling up courses so more mons/interactions will happen =D

Loving the game other than one of the bosses. Which was pure annoyance on my switch lite xD
    Spoiler:

pkmin3033

First time going through all of those boss stages was an awful experience tbh - they were unbearably slow, and once you'd taken a picture of the Pokemon there wasn't really anything to do except wait to get to the end. Really threw off the pacing.

I actually had to do a couple twice because I didn't realise they needed to be a certain way for the photos to count...was not amused.

Years

Lol I had that with the Volcano boss. was snapping pictures of it and at the end the game was just like 'nope, none of those count'.
    Second run the game decides to tell me I need to hit it first... like how was I supposed to know >.>
    I went from the first boss straight to this one xD

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • I don't have new pokemon snap but i must post at 200 because... I AM A GHOST TYPE HEHEHE

Years

Watch out for Ghosts...

Anyone here played any of the previous remakes? (FR/LG, HG/SS, OR/AS)
    HG/SS was my first time playing through Johto since I never had a GBC. Thought the low level for Johto gym's and E4 was weird only to find out you get to go Kanto too @_@
    Felt like the Johto gym leaders should be using more johto mons though...

Played all of these though.
    The Sevii islands in FR/LG always felt weird to me. I don't mind new areas, but they just didn't click with the rest of kanto for me. Felt out of place.
    I loved Soaring in the sky in ORAS and the primal reversions =) Also being able to play the Delta Episode was awesome. Loved riding into space on the back of Rayquaza to go fight Deoxys =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now

FR/LG are probably the weakest of the remakes. They're popular bases for ROM Hacks, though. I think I like HGSS more than ORAS. ORAS just feels off. I think what it's putting it down for me is simply how the lack of character customization kind of ruins the online experience a bit. You take the XY features which benefited well from character customization and put it into another game without and it just doesn't feel right. Apart from that it's pretty alright, though!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now

BW were alright. Not quite as interesting as their sequels, but still good. It had a nice twist at the end fighting Ghetsis and all. He was quite the challenge and took quite a while to beat on my last challenge run.

H e a p.

Banned
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 23, 2022

The sequels were very nice. I like Neo Plasma and Colress.
    (Or maybe all the Neo Plasma admins... jk I can't count.)

Years

Never thought B/W (2) were all that great. They added a boatload of pokemon, but way too many felt like pokedex filler.
    Possibly had one of the more serious story lines yes, but it felt incomplete to me if that makes sense. They could've done more with it.

Years

I really enjoyed Black and White. Unova is probably my favorite region after Hoenn. These were some of the more experimental titles in the main series, and I can see why gen 5 divides people, loving it it or hating it. I think it had great music though, love the box art legendaries, found it useful to have infinite-use TMs that, and appreciated these games being some of the most story-driven ones in the core. The first Black and White games I thought had especially good character development. There are some cool characters in the second one too like Colress, and I like how Iris evolves more in BW2, but I still prefer the first games, even though they don't have the post game content that the sequels do, I like what they did with the main story more, particularly with N, one of the most interesting characters in the franchise if you ask me, and I was sad that his role got reduced in the sequels. The originals are also harder, especially the fight with Ghetsis, and also because you can't obtain non-Unova Pokemon before the post game. That frustrated a lot of folks, but I found it exciting because it was more of a challenge. You can't rely on Pokemon you are already familiar with from previous gens, and have to experiment, and that was something that had never been done before. I liked that boldness.

Years

I really enjoyed Black and White. Unova is probably my favorite region after Hoenn. These were some of the more experimental titles in the main series, and I can see why gen 5 divides people, loving it it or hating it. I think it had great music though, love the box art legendaries, found it useful to have infinite-use TMs that, and appreciated these games being some of the most story-driven ones in the core. The first Black and White games I thought had especially good character development. There are some cool characters in the second one too like Colress, and I like how Iris evolves more in BW2, but I still prefer the first games, even though they don't have the post game content that the sequels do, I like what they did with the main story more, particularly with N, one of the most interesting characters in the franchise if you ask me, and I was sad that his role got reduced in the sequels. The originals are also harder, especially the fight with Ghetsis, and also because you can't obtain non-Unova Pokemon before the post game. That frustrated a lot of folks, but I found it exciting because it was more of a challenge. You can't rely on Pokemon you are already familiar with from previous gens, and have to experiment, and that was something that had never been done before. I liked that boldness.

The music was great!
    The rest of the games were 'meh' to me though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now

I'm currently messing around with some decomps of the early generations. Basically creating some "ultimate" versions that I can play whenever I want without having to worry about trade evolutions and the likes.

pkmin3033

I actually have a PMD Sky file on the go at the moment, although I've only done the opening dungeon. xD

I'm really in the mood for Pokemon right now, but there isn't a specific game I'm in the mood for, which is...aggravating, tbh.

Back