• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
9. I didn't even know Trivia had a chit-chat thread. My head has been in the clouds again.

I'm doing a Giuoco Piano opening. I mostly do King's Indian Defense but this is something new. It might be a disaster, but hey, at least it's not rated.

Also I'm doing Christmas shopping tomorrow, hopefully I can get a turn in. Sorry if there's a delay, Roni.

Years
10. All good Zeo, that's the whole reason we have five days to make a move, to account for busy times :)

I've already completely forgotten all openings that aren't the Ruy Lopez. I can't tell you the name of the opening I just did, I'm winging it 100% of the time.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today

I got my mother this as a present. Hopefully she likes it.

Spoiler:

I'm tired so I'll play my turn later. If I didn't castle right there, you would have ended the game. I tried to learn the Sicilian Dragon opening, but it was way too complex. Way easier to just do e4 e5 or king's indian.

I don't consider myself very intelligent, so it was shocking that I almost jumped to 1,000 rating within a few months. This is also my first game in a long time so don't worry.

Years
12. That's a lovely mug!

You would've been safe honestly had you not castled because I didn't see any mating pattern.

And hey, regardless of intelligence, I believe that someone who studies the game and puts in the hours can get to 1k ELO in no time, and you showed that to be true.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today

Bw5khee.png

Bishop or Knight to f7 would have finished me, right? I see a couple spaces I could move after being put in check. However, you win material and I would be scurrying around with my king.

Years
14. Ohh I forgot about this position. I don't think I saw the queen-rook fork, and figured I wouldn't be able to achieve much with bishop takes f7 check. Thank you for the insight though!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
15. I almost set myself on fire. I didn't notice an exposed wire on a power cable and put it into the playstation. Followed up with sparks and a small explosion, and a burning smell.

Uh but hey, a bad thing can always turn into a good thing. I guess i can play chess more. (but rip my ps4).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
17. It's fine. My headphones have been getting choppy audio too. It appears my luck with technology has been downward. They lasted a solid 10 months.

Also, this game is hilarious. I like how both of us pushed random pawns instead of going for an attack. You currently have more material situated on d5, so I haven't attempted to claim center.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
18. I queued up against random people. As I get higher in ranking I'm starting to learn protecting my pieces will only get me so far. I need to learn to actually attack.

@Roni Just guessing from how we played the first few moves and how you bought the knight over to my side, your probably much more aggressive than I am.

Years
@Roni Just guessing from how we played the first few moves and how you bought the knight over to my side, your probably much more aggressive than I am.
19. Man I've missed playing that chess game Zeo. I'm trying to log in again through my laptop but I don't seem to have that account saved on my password manager... I'll try and see if I can guess my password. It's still my turn correct? Or has the game ended because I took too long?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
20. Nope. I ticked a setting so it hasn't ending.

I've still been playing against random people. For some reason I'm doing poorly. I fell 50 points and lost 4 games.

I guess we fall to get back up. No doubt i'll end up getting out of this slump stronger.

Years
21. Oh that's cool! I'm still fidgeting around with stuff right now because I realize I've forgotten which email I use for that account. I just realized I actually have 3 different Chess.com accounts with different emails, all made in different eras of my life and forgotten about.

Sucks to hear about the losses. You've dropped elo though meaning you'll be facing weaker opponents and raking back wins.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
22. I'm stuck floating around the 900 rankings. People have definitely gotten more capable at defending. When I started I was 400, and people at that ranking will toss the queen all over the board. My entire strategy until now was just play over defensive, wait until the person leaves a piece hanging, then force trades.

Oh, and I just saw your message. I didn't mean the tutorial videos. You mentioned downloading 6 hours of videos to pass the time, so I was asking what kind videos you like killing time with. Unless you actually do like watching gift wrapping videos for 6 hours. But hey, i'm in no place to judge.

Years
23. Generally people tend to become less aggressive the higher the rankings. They understand piece value and necessary/unnecessary trades and whatnot. Great bunch to improve from.

And sorry for misunderstanding the videos thing lol. I download pretty much anything I missed in my Subscriptions list. Right now I have a couple CSGO highlights, Pokemon world building, Let's Plays, Nuzlockes, NBA theories, technology discussions and documentaries, Linus Tech Tips, etc.

Back