• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I don't really mind wait times in between moves. If I'm battling I've usually set time aside to do it so it's all good. I can take a minute or two to make a move myself depending on the situation or if I need to make a damage calc or what have you.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • then post better ones

sometimes i wonder where this forum could be if, over the years, people had done away with that attitude and tried making the forum better or making fun and pertinent events instead of lamenting the latest "cresselia's secret."

oh sry that's just crazy uncle anti going off again

edit: sry this was not supposed to be so blunt but my son this is the wrong attitude to have :(

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I haven't been here long but I've been around the internet for a good long while (slut jokes here) and honestly, this place isn't in that bad of condition.

Time stalling moves is obnoxious, but at least tells you the position your opponent feels they're in, and can potentially help in making calls based on their inclinations.

And on shit threads - just because there's a pile of it just sitting there, doesn't mean you have to jump in and roll around in it. You can safely keep an arm's length's distance and spray it with deodorizer too. S'what I try to do anywho

I've never tabbed out of a match and closed it since I don't do Showdown, but I have put my 3DS down on someone taking forever and forgot I was in the middle of a match lol

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Alright we're 1300 ELO and 12/1 on the ladder boys.

I do have a feeling this Draco Steel will start to show it's serious flaws once I hit Top 500 on Smogon. But screw it, old memories :X

Also this.
    The opposing Ninjask used Swords Dance!
    The opposing Ninjask's Attack sharply rose!
    Heatran used Lava Plume!
    It's super effective! The opposing Ninjask hung on using its Focus Sash!
    The opposing Ninjask lost 99% of its health!
    The opposing Ninjask was burned!
    The opposing Ninjask was hurt by its burn!
    The opposing Ninjask fainted!

Last edited:

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • I'm having a 3v3 monotype battle in X/Y with a friend in a few weeks, rules are that you can pick any mono apart from Dragon, you cant use any legendaries, you cant tell the other what you have picked and no mega evolutions are allowed.
    Its friendly but still competitive and most importantly...whoever wins gets the bragging rights.

Any suggestions on the more well rounded type I should consider for my team to lessen the chance that I pick the wrong type for a 3v3 battle?

Thanks,

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Any suggestions on the more well rounded type I should consider for my team to lessen the chance that I pick the wrong type for a 3v3 battle?
    Steel type, maybe? I mean it has good defenses and you have fancy stuff like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Metagross, Magnezone, Aegislash, Excadrill, etc.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Mono Water is crazy good with rain and Swift Swim. It's the most common type so there's plenty of variety. Flying is also a solid choice, which is pretty balanced with all of those dual type Pokemon available.

Alright we're 1300 ELO and 12/1 on the ladder boys.

I do have a feeling this Draco Steel will start to show it's serious flaws once I hit Top 500 on Smogon. But screw it, old memories :X

Also this.
    Are you using Kingdra? x)

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Mono ghost, steel, water or flying seem promising. Dark could probably do some stuff too.

The last 2 gens have been pretty nice with new type combos. Here's to hoping gen 7 has a Fire/Water that's not a legend, an Ice / Poison, and maybe even a Grass / Fire.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Mono Water is crazy good with rain and Swift Swim. It's the most common type so there's plenty of variety. Flying is also a solid choice, which is pretty balanced with all of those dual type Pokemon available.

Are you using Kingdra? x)
    No, I broke up with her.

:^)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I can attest that Flying is one of the best Monotypes, though Sky Battles was the best near-Mono-Flying ruleset, what with things like Bronzong and Claydol.

srinator

i know for one that cressalia is a monster in sky monsters, esp the cm boltbeam set. i went unbeaten with that and lando t and something i dont remember till i lost interest

Garlana

The boy who never grew up.
    Years
  • Thanks for all the responses, Flying seems like the type I'm settling on, it's got so many dual types and has some personal favourites of mine in the group as well.

So Far I've gone with:

Welcome to the Strategies & Movesets forum for Sun & Moon!
    and

I picked them mainly because they seem to cover each others weaknesses fairly well and their sprites are amazing. Any suggestions on a 3rd? I imagine Gliscor would be played more tanky and Gyarados could either be Tanky or a DD set up.
    Thanks!

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Yeah I was reading through that thread before a date last night and was almost late because of how entertaining it was. Khaotic Khebab was definitely trolling hard. It was a good call.

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • I was actually well aware having unfortunately perused the thread, but was attempting to take the high road and lightheartedly change the subject.

BUT YOU RUINED IT PLAT

WAY TO GO

RUUUIIINNNNNEEEDDDDDD

LIGHT OF RUINED STYLE RUINED

Jokes aside I was also under the impression it was discouraged by the rules to gossip monger following someone's ban; so yeah Stunfisk's mega base 140 Sp Atk, stab earth power and thunder, and no guard as an ability also with fissure and gravity from his swole ass muscles

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back