• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I'm not having any issues with Youtube, Just will have to get used to the new design and the *really annoying* new subscription list setup that makes really hard to see over 5 recently uploaded videos at a simple glance >_>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    UGH THE FRONT PAGE LOOKS TERRIBLE. I only just started to appreciate the old first page. Oh well, I don't visit Youtube too much but ohay now it looks like every other social networking site :(

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    The new YouTube will definitely take some time getting used to, but I suppose they know it won't reduce traffic. Heh

Years
    I actually quite like the new YouTube color scheme, and I don't mind the layout, either. The color scheme actually sort of sent me on a bit of a nostalgia trip to what my first forum looked like back in 2004, because that forum had a light gray appearance, too, as did a lot of sites I frequented back then.

Years
    Same here. The first thing I did after the update was writing a complaint. From the start I knew that most likely nobody is ever going to read it, but still.

Edit: Turns out I was looking at page 155 while a page 156 had been existing for 8 hours. Must have misclicked when opening the thread. But the topic is still the same, so it isn't so bad, right?

Last edited:

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    There's the option to revert your own channel back to the old style which I did, not for browsing experience though, sadly.

Well looks aside, the new layout is much more processor demanding, and not very fun so far. I expect it to be satisfying down the road after they work on it more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not picky. It looked weird and I was all 'WHAT HAPPENED' at first, but I got over it. I'm not going to be one that's going to linger on the changes, since they're probably never going to just stick to something forever.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I'm with BinaryPeaches here. I won't actively hate the changes, because I have become used to sites like YouTube messing with things regardless of what the users think. They're quite authoritarian in that regard, heh.

I raged when Google bought it out, I raged when Vevo was introduced, and I raged some more when ads started to appear. However, with the latest change before this, where they ended up forcing us to link our YouTube, Gmail, and Google+ accounts, I saw it as more of an annoyance than something to complain about. As long as I can find my videos in one way or another, I will endure Google's attempts to flaunt its authority over the internet. xD

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I actually have no problems with the new youtube look. The interface reminds me of a application from a smartphone. It's really pretty. xD I'd rather keep it than switch back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I actually kinda like the new YouTube layout. I dont usually care too much about what it looks like though.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I have no problems with the new YouTube layout, since I just go there to watch episodes, music videos and whatnot, and I probably would never sign up.

I feel bookmarking stuff from YouTube serves me better, IMHO.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    It's funny how they're actually updating needless stuff and not fixing the really annoying ones, like the quality reverting and the video loading all over again when you change to fullscreen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back