• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What a nightmare D:

Sirfetch’d

How often do you have nightmares or bad dreams? How do you deal with them when you do have them? Do you have a reoccurring one that you can't escape?

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I dream of my teeth shattering into my hand at times. (I count 3/4 times ever since having my tooth break on some cereal. Yep.) While a lot of the time I won't consciously let things get the better of me, my dreams can give me a friendly reminder that I can be completely inadequate at times. Haven't had one in a while... best not jinx it, hm?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Hm. I can't really say. I hardly remember my dreams after I wake up. D: I do have them if I've watched something really scary. However, I can't recall the last time I've ever had a full on nightmare.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • honestly I never have had a nightmare. I've had dreams that were kinda frightening but no full-out Oh My God Why dreams.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Are there any kinds of dreams that aren't nightmares? You just get used to it. I keep dreaming about this like 12 foot tall mafia don rat that kills me. Been dreaming about it ever since I was like 6.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think the nightmare doesn't appear so often now. And speaking of it, I find a strange dream just now, that time I dreamt when I'm starting up my computer, but prompted with some unusual message about formatting my hard drive. Thankfully that it doesn't happen though.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • As of now i had many nightmares. Well all i do is simple. I try to beat whatever the nightmare is about and if i fail i just try to woke up !

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Nightmares usually come to me after seeing an especially scary movie or after I have an anxiety attack or heightened anxiety in general. The fact the latter instances spur nightmares more commonly makes sense to me since my anxiety is usually related to losing loved ones and when I get to seriously dreading it, it (as in death) actually happens so I try not lose myself too often.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    I can't remember the last time I could remember any dream, let alone a nightmare. I used to get pretty scary reoccurring nightmares when I was younger though. Always when I spelt at my Grandma's house and always about my great-grandma who died in the room I slept in. So they were pretty grim and dark.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I usually recall my dreams better when I'm not feeling well or sad. I don't usually have very scary dreams but some are really thought-provoking and makes me ponder about it a lot.

Years
  • Kind of once in a blue moon, but they tend to come up after watching scary/sad movies right before bed. Also, during the summer, I've always had a recurring nightmare of going to school and not having any of my summer reading/other schoolwork done and getting disciplined by the principal. Then I wake up, realize that it's summer break, and cry in relief. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I used to get them a lot as a child, but not so much anymore. Though now when I have a nightmare I walk up a little more weirded out because I'm just like, "um where did that come from?" My nightmares have mostly stopped being scary monsters or murder situations and have become uncomfortable situations with a horrible twist or just something that plays on something I am insecure about.

Yukari

Never anymore. They were infrequent as a child but... I can't remember that last time I had one.

Years
  • 95% of the dreams I actually remember are nightmares. <_<; They're always really awful and usually consist of falling, being chased, falling into nothingness, people I know dying and so on. Ugh. What I wouldn't do to remember a happy dream more often.

Sometimes they're so realistic that I can hardly force myself awake. trade for good dream pls

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Oddly enough, I don't dream. I haven't since I was a very small child. It's just dark for a few seconds, and then I wake up.

...is that weird?

When I did dream, though, most of it was nightmares. Usually about falling from high places or being separated from the ones I love. In order to wake up, I used to close my eyes tightly in the dream, and when I opened them, I'd be awake.

Back