• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you afraid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I could write an entire essay on things I'm afraid of >.<"

My number one phobia is of spiders and insects with visible legs. Yes, I'm scared of insects with legs. I'm socialphobic, so I'm scared of being judged by other people, and I'm also scared of fish, heights, my Religious Education teacher (if you met her, you would know why), crabs, failure, and the unknown.
    Plus a dozen more things.

You must be terrified of thousand leggers...not to make a joke.

Endless

By 'thousand leggers' do you mean like, centipedes and millipedes?
    'Cos yes, I am scared of them. Horrible things.
    They had some for sale in our local pet shop, and I couldn't go anywhere near the tank they were in >.<

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I'm afraid of many things, such as umbrellas and dead bugs.

However, I'm mortally afraid of growing old, open spaces, Alzheimer's, food that touches other food, being near other people, germs and dust or anything like that.

When I was 10 I went on a school trip and everyone had to have a turn at wiping the table with a cloth and I ran away and hid. That brings intense fear at the mere memory.

Last year I went on a plane coming from Australia to the UK (24 hour journey split into two journeys) and my brother refused to let me sit by the wall on both journeys. It was a choice between sitting between two people or sitting by the aisle, where there are people walking past and brushing against you. I ended up sitting in the middle. It brings intense fear every time I remember it. I can't forget about it; it was awful. =(

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Im afraid of losing all of my friends ...
    because of me being a jerk

also ....Murderface scares me at times

kiler

Fo Shizzle Dizzle
    Years
  • i ain't afraid of nothing....not tryin to sound tough or anything, but i ain't afraid of nothin!

i did used to be afraid of dying, but i guess it is more a not wanting to die thing, then being afraid of dying, if u know what i mean.

kiler in da crib.

Years
  • I'm scared of water...well, deep water, to be exact. I can handle being in water just fine as long as my feet can touch the bottom of whatever I'm in. I absolutely refuse to go into deeper water - most likely comes from being traumatized by being pushed into pools when I was a kid. :P I also can't stand tornados, even though I've never been in one, and even though I find them a bit fascinating (from a safe distance, of course).

I think my worst one, besides a fear of dying, would be of being absolutely alone, though. By now I doubt that will happen, since I know there are people out there who care for me and who I can talk to, but in the back of my mind that fear still lies there...

kiler

Fo Shizzle Dizzle
    Years
  • oh that is one thing that i am afraid of actually, now that u mention it.

i am afraid of one thing...and that is being alone, and i hope i never am alone, cos i sorta feel alone alot of the time.

kiler in da crib.

Karsen

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I am afraid of losing more of my loved ones.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Your mom.

Seriously, most things with more than four legs, being terminally ill, and death, particularly the last one. It's mostly the "after you die" part that scares me, as first off, I'm always afraid it'll happen before I have a chance to do much with my life, and second, I have no idea what comes after that point. You can say stuff about Heaven and all that, but the problem is that no one's ever actually seen it, making it a bit hard to say that that's definitely what happens, you know?

But mostly, it's leaving behind a lot of things.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • (happy to see the thread got a good acceptation along the PC's members ^o^)

Well, since we are all sharing all our fears, there's another thing that really scares me, and that is: the moment when I'm about to receive a note for some test that I'm not really sure about the result. Usually I'm 100% sure of what will be the results: Either I know if I'll approve or not. But, when the chances are 50/50, that's the worst feel you can ever have.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I'm afraid of being wrong.

There's no need to be afraid of that! Everyone is wrong at some point, that's what makes us human. If we never get anything wrong we will never learn anything new; We learn more by looking for a solution and getting it wrong than we do from learning the right solution and not looking at all. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. Don't worry about being wrong, no-one is right all the time. ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back