• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Emilia

~ free falling
Years
  • Mabinogi for the most part but i'm also playing Pokémon Insurgence
    (also if anyone knows any more fanmade Pokémon games with a dark twist to them then lmk :O)

Years
  • I've finally managed to get my hands on a PS4 so am back playing Final Fantasy 14 and am so excited to be starting Ghost of Tsushima too! I wish I had these in proper lockdown but will definitely be spending the next month with these two :)

LittleSnowyOne

I love Dima
    Years
    • Age 33
    • she/her
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I've been playing Pokémon Sword, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons a Little lately.

I'm also about to start the GameCube Paper Mario game.

Years
  • I was playing Fall Guys but I've ran into too many hackers in the past few days that I've just called it quits for now, it doesn't even make me mad having a cheater fly through the final round it just makes me disappointed that the devs haven't done anything to deal with the problem, instead it's just gotten worse. There's still 47 days left in the season and I'm close to reaching level 40 so I'm ok with taking a break until I hear that something has been done. If nothing is done I'll just have to hope that the cheaters have gotten bored and moved on or that it has become so rampant that the devs are forced to actually do something about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey

Just about to fight the mega Scutlet blocking Bowser's flame pipe.

Years
  • I'm still playing Animal Crossing New Horizons every day, even if it's only for 20-30 minutes at a time to check up on my island. I also got convinced to buy Fall Guys yesterday. I'm absolutely terrible at it and have yet to win a single show, but it's stupid mindless fun that I haven't had from a game in a while.

User Anon 1848

Been playing some Witcher 3. Just met the Baron but bloody hell do I suck at Gwent - I even lost to the scholar who introduces the game @_@
    I'm enjoying myself otherwise. Silver for Monsters and Hunt or be Hunted are great battle themes.

Don't worry, we all suck at Gwent when we first start. It gets easier as you buy better cards from inkeepers and win them in matches against various in-game players. A good starting tip is to play your weakest cards first since it increases the chances of the AI thinking it has enough of a lead to "pass" for the round and then you can play your stronger cards to beat their score instead of constantly having to one-up each other and having to waste even more of your cards. Also as you collect better cards it's better to swap out your weaker unit cards (unless they have a good ability to make up for their weak number) for stronger ones rather keeping the weak cards too. The more you go over the 22 unit card minimum for your deck the less likely you are to get your most valuable cards into your hand during a match.

And yeah this game has a beautiful soundtrack, world and story. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I'll be completely honest... that didn't take as long as I was kind of hoping/thinking it would. Oh well I guess.

I finished Pokemon Sword & Isle of Armor to my liking. As far as my thoughts about it... well... pretty much the exact opposite of everyone else clearly. 9/10 the whiny baby complaints were utter BS nonsense. Was the story bad? Sure I guess. Though, IMO, it got DAMN good around endgame. Did some backgrounds and environments have PS2 like graphics? Yes. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKED AMAZING. Allow me to quote someone on GameFAQs I used to know that applies to this game as well. 'Story doesn't matter. Gameplay does' which pretty much describes Pokemon Sword/Shield TO A T. This was the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game since probably X/Y. Much better than Alola/Gen 7 that it really wasn't even close for me at all.

But what the hell do I know? 🙄

Regardless I've started playing my first 'Tales of' game in OVER A DECADE. Tales of Berseria is first. I've got quite a few of those to play after recommendations got me back into this series. The last one I played was the Tales of Symphonia sequel that everyone hated (except me. AGAIN.) So am I worried? A little I guess. All I can do is try my best I suppose. 3 hours in... and GOOD GOD. THIS GAME. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE EITHER?!

It's just so damn good so far. I had trouble getting myself to stop playing it so I could go to bed. lol. HELP. I'M ENJOYING BEING A VILLAIN. 😈

Apparently a lot of people on here like the 'Tales of' games too. Or they do on the Discord anyway. lol. Feel free to talk to me about them if you want. I'm only in the bare beginning of Berseria though so just keep that in mind. However, Zestiria & Vesperia (Definitive) are in my backlog as well and I'll likely get Arise as well whenever it decides to come out. But that's all. Mostly because these are the more 'recent' Tales of games.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I was currently playing "Happily Ever After" an unreleased NES game starring Snow White, who wants to help her lover the prince from the brother of the wicked witch

The game has music tones similar to Friday the 13rd and Xexyz (aka Kame no Ongaeshi) so it was develolped by Atlus?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Right now I am trying desparately to not play Monster Hunter World: Iceborne on my laptop. I'm failing, mostly. I still have 40-odd crowns, 50 treasures, 50 arena quests, and some general misc stuff to do before I get every Steam achievement. THEN I can put it down. Hopefully. Once Master Rank armour comes out I can see myself picking this up again for fashion. Sigh. The treasures are what is going to take the longest because of the limit on pawswaps per map and how aggravatingly random it is until you get new tips.

Anyways! I'm also playing Nexomon: Extinction. This is what Pokemon Sword and Shield should have been. The visuals are so much more appealing, there is an actual narrative, and the dialogue...oh my lord, the dialogue. The shade that Coco throws at you is beyond belief. The dry humour is resonating with me on so many levels. The ability to eliminate RNG in capture mechanics feels very well-designed, no multiplayer BS means no trading, you can re-battle tamers, the stamina system for special moves requires more strategy, and the designs of the Nexomon themselves are, on the whole, pretty good. There is a slightly low-budget feel to it at points (I just don't care for the NPC art portraits, I'm sorry) and they take frustration a little TOO far at times - fuck status effects, my god, Demotivated is the worst thing I've come across since Curse in Dark Souls...although it is not QUITE as bad as Curse in The Last Remnant - but on the whole? This is the Pokemon game I didn't realise I could have. It's definitely more Pokemon than anything I've played in the last decade.

Still idling away in Ghost of Tsushima too...I may eventually finish Part 1. Maybe. Monster Hunter has pulled me away from this, so progress is VERY slow, to the point I only do 3 or 4 locations at a time. It's enjoyable, but it is another open world timesink, and I just don't think I'm in the right frame of mind for it right now.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Currently I'm sucked into the world of Eorzea. Final Fantasy 14 is extremely addicting and there are definitely times I don't want to put the game down; I just got my chocobo too!

Years
  • My PS4 is finally getting some love for once and I finally found a single player game to get into after so long... Tales of Berseria! I'm about 20 hours in right now and I adore main characters. I'm already preemptively depressed about when i inevitably finish but I have plans for another story-centric game after. One the side I am playing Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone. I don't have many wins in Fall Guys but I'm just trying to reach max rank before the season ends. I wish I had people to play with... In Project Diva I'm going a little insane trying to perfect Ghost Rule on Hard. It's easy for me but I always slip up somewhere with one Safe ruining the combo. :(

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Still playing Witcher 3. Just beat the final boss, and might I add that was so fun - the use of different terrains especially. This and Act II's final missions were equally fun to play through tbh. I'll be doing both expansion packs after taking a break, gotta avoid burning myself out.

Years
  • I finally managed to play some Among Us games. I think I might be too stupid to be effective as either Crewmate or Imposter haha.

Back