• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The Over Limit system and tying Mystic Artes to it is utter crap. .
    Hope you don't plan on playing Tales of the Abyss nor the other Tales of Games that tied it to the Over Limit System. The other things are pretty common in beginning tales of games too that are before the latest ones so... have fun. Honestly it just sounds like the battle system between Symphonia and Zestiria (maaaybe the Xillias) just isn't for you because those aren't just "issues" with Vesperia's battle system.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Shantae and the Seven Sirens

I'm glad they went back to a more Metroidvania type of map layout. The Stage Select thing from the previous game didn't feel right to me.

pkmin3033

Right now I'm juggling Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past on 3DS and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on PS4. Both very long JRPGs that at present I am not sure if they are worth the investment or not.

DQVII has frustrated me multiple times now; Rashers and Stripes was the most obscene difficulty spike I've encountered in a video game since Flamelurker in the original Demon's Souls. Having tallied up how many battles I'll need to fight to master the higher ranked jobs (just shy of 1000) I'm not sure if I really want to bother. It has a wonderful episodic feel to it that reminds me a lot of DQIV, but the quality of the gameplay at times is on par with DQII, which was objectively bad. The question of "how much shit are you going to tolerate from this" has cropped up frequently.

Trails of Cold Steel is my introduction to the series and...eh, I don't see what the fuss is about. It plays fine, and the cast are mostly tolerable - the English voices are also surprisingly good quality - but it's not exceptional, and I've had various sources screaming at me that I need to play the Sky and Crossbell titles (the latter of which aren't even localised outside of fan translations) if I want to get anything out of the last game. But the Sky games aren't on sale at the moment, and honestly it's a question of platform accessibility: I don't really play that many PC games. If they're so damn important why aren't they all on PS4, and all localised? I'm not jumping through bloody hoops. If I miss anything in the last one that's the game's fault, not mine.

Years
  • I've been on a Resident Evil kick the past few weeks, so I've been playing through RE7, RE2 Remake, RE1, all while slowly making way through Resident Evil Village. I've been considering rebuying 4/5/6 for PS4 just so I can have everything on one console.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Life is Strange 2 last night and obtained my 8th Platinum trophy. Overall... I really liked this game. People complain about it being to 'political.' Sure? I guess? Then again everything seems to be political now because people don't want to have common sense anymore so it's really not that much of a surprise.

I'd say the first game is definitely better but I still enjoyed it quite a lot. The final choice was much easier (for me anyway) then the final choice in the first game was. Overall I enjoyed and liked this game.

If you can't tell with the custom image in my trophy card now I will be moving on to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX which I will start playing tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I struggled immensely with Super Mystery Dungeon. If this happens again... *sighs* 😒

Well for now I'll see what I can find in terms of what pokemon is the 'best partner choice' and just go from there I guess.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... I finished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX last night. Honestly... I'm glad. This series frustrates, angers, annoys, stresses, and just does too much to me. It's getting sickening and I don't honestly think I can take it anymore. Because, once again, this game was WAY to god damn hard, harder than it needed to be, and was too hard for me (doesn't bode well for me completing Hollow Knight).

This BS didn't use to happen. It really didn't. I don't know what happened, or changed, or whatever, but something clearly did. What that is... well... I f-ing wish I knew that myself. I really do.

At this point... I think I'm probably done with this series. For good. It's extremely unfortunate too. Because, honestly, this was probably my favorite Pokemon spinoff series (unless Legends turns out to be GOD DAMN AMAZING). But I can't take the BS anymore. I honestly can't and I just don't f-ing want to anymore. I don't know if anymore games/remakes/whatever will be made... but if they are... I'm probably just going to watch a playthrough on YouTube/Twitch/whatever because it's become abundantly clear to me that I can't deal with this series and it's BS way-to-hard difficulty anymore. Sorry everyone.

Anyway it's been a long time coming... but I plan on starting Nier Automata tonight. When I played the demo when I heard too much about it... it was probably the most fun I've had playing a demo in a VERY long time, potentially ever. I'm going to try to get the Platinum (because it's a 3/10 difficulty according to another website I'm on) but some of the trophies are potentially grindy. So either I won't get it... or I'll resort to a certain... thing... that is in this game that I found out about during my 'attempting the Platinum' research.

Feel free to spam message me with E

actually please don't lol

pkmin3033

PMD DX is very much designed around gummi exploitation - feed your starter enough gummis to get around 200 in their stats and you'll be basically immortal. Doesn't help with the dungeons that reset your level to 1, but...well, there are only a couple of those, and they have their own exploits in the abilities you have and/or the moves certain Pokemon get at lower levels. If you're done then you're done and I definitely don't blame you for it - I loved DX's visual style, but I missed Friend Areas something awful and I did not enjoy recruiting everything in the 75 hours I put into it - but if you were actually wondering what changed: it's that. The original games didn't rely on you using gummis to increase your stats to that extent; just levelling was enough.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally got started on Nocturne HD! I've just met the manikins and I'm positively dreading the Matador fight lol. Fortunately this isn't my first SMT game so I'm more than familiar with buff/debuffs. Also bought the Hifumi magatama and fused Ame-no-Uzume to prepare myself. Still don't know what ending to go with - I'm leaning towards the freedom ending for a change of pace, but that true ending is looking very tempting.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm switching between several Pokémon games right now, mostly Platinum and Soul Silver, having rematches against Gym Leaders and levelling up some new Pokémon

Trying to find something new to play on the Switch right now, though might choose to go back to a game I haven't finished yet such as Dragon Quest Builders 2 or Team Sonic Racing. Never played Pokémon Snap before so that may well be the next game I decide to try out.

Last edited:

H e a p.

Banned
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Pokemon fangames because I'm crazy. Still struggling with the 1st gym in Regalia and got carried away with Empire.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Sticking with Pokémon Platinum right now, EV training various Pokémon to take on the Battle Frontier. Currently have the Silver Symbols for the Battle Tower and the Battle Hall.

Years
  • Trying to get back into Genshin Impact, which has been going alright so far! I'm having a lot of fun exploring parts of the map I haven't visited before. Hoping to get some good pulls soon.

Aside from that, I recently finished Resident Evil: Code Veronica. It was pretty good, if not dated! Solid game, and you know it's classic Resident Evil because of the horrible voice acting.

Back