• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Days
  • I've been steadily working my way through the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters since they released on Switch, and I've finally reached Final Fantasy VI, which if I manage to finish it will be a first time for me! I had it on Gameboy Advance but I could never figure out how to get Blitz to work properly, so I didn't get very far, and whilst that was a long time ago, things just have a way of getting pushed back. This has been on my to-do list for a long time now and I'm glad I've got the opportunity to do it on a modern console without having to mod it. I was entertaining trying to go through the numbered mainline titles - excluding XI, but including X-2, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns - before Final Fantasy XVI released in June, but given that Etrian Odyssey is releasing next week and I'm also playing Sonic Frontiers on PS5, it seems pretty unlikely that I'll be able to do it, so after this I will probably take a short break and pick up FFVII in...maybe August?

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Recently finished the main story of Fire Emblem Engage. The third Fire Emblem game I've played through now after Three Houses and Three Hopes earlier this year. Enjoyed playing through all three of them and might try getting one of the 3DS titles if I can. Still got all the DLC missions to do on Engage at least.

Also playing Skyrim again along with some Pokémon games and other games I've recently bought on the Switch.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Been playing Kingdom Hearts I Final Mix (Cloud Version) on Proud Mode. I have to say, this is a big jump up from Normal difficulty, I've really had to re-think my strategies in the boss fights. After that, of course I'll go for number II Final Mix, also on Proud Mode if it has it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • I've been rotating through games but right now I've been replaying Sonic Riders for the Gamecube for the like millionth time. Always a fun game and fun to brush up on my skills. I want to try and get Super Sonic this time, if I have the patience for it. I've had this game since I was a kid and never unlocked him

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • After what probably took WAY longer than it should have... Nier Replicant (PS4) has FINALLY been completed and the Platinum has been obtained.

First of all... I'd be lying if I said that getting this Platinum didn't kind of 'ruin' my experience with this game. Because this Platinum was probably the WORST Platinum I've EVER attempted and done.

However... if you take the frustration I had with the Platinum away... (which you could legitimately make the excuse and argument I can and absolutely should do) this was an absolutely AMAZING game and experience and GREAT game overall. It really was. When I experienced everything this game had to offer for the first time (when I wasn't worried about certain trophies) it was just OUTSTANDING. I suppose the question now is... is it better than Automata? I thought about this... I really did... and I'd say... it isn't. I'm sorry but it's just not. But that's a tough bar to cross and shouldn't be held against it. Which I don't. Obviously. Automata's 'endings' were all so different than each other... that they honestly and really did feel like completely new experiences and even new games overall. Replicant... only had some slight cutscene differences with some new cutscenes overall. Things didn't really become 'new' until Ending E. So it just can't compare. But it can't really be held against it either. Also... unlike Automata... there weren't any 'joke' endings either (though I'd say this was a good thing) but obviously that also means there weren't any 'funny' endings either. Both games did an UNBELIEVABLE job when it came to making me care and feel things about 'side characters' that I don't tend to feel in other games or even overall in general.

To me though... and again obviously this is just me... things were pretty gray in Automata. But it was pretty clear, again to me at least, where most fault lied in Replicant. Yes it's been explained to me so don't even bother. I still don't feel any differently. Sorry but I just don't. I don't care what the Shades really are. They were clearly in the wrong here. But I get that the Nier series has a 'morally gray' area overall. I just couldn't and didn't feel sorry for them. Sorry. I just didn't. But again just me.

The reason my experience was 'ruined' was because of the material grinding for the weapon upgrading (I'd go as far as it say it's ten times worse than it is in Automata) and the kind of ridiculous speedrunning stuff. But overall... I'd say this game is officially the game that I've played this year that has 'stood out' the most for me. Though... considering what I've played this year so far... that's not really saying much and says more bad than good. Especially with half the year basically over already. But obviously there's still six months left so that can and possibly will change. We'll see obviously.

Do I recommend this game? Absolutely I do. Just be warned that if you attempt the Platinum like I did... it's likely going to ruin your experience. I'm not saying don't do it. Do whatever you want. You can clearly see I managed to get the Platinum. I'm just saying this a thing to keep in mind if you want the Platinum bad enough.

Next up for me... is Biomutant. Which I will also be attempting the Platinum for. I just hope it isn't as bad as this one was. A lot of mixed reviews for this one. But just 'mixed' and not 'mostly bad' like Balan did. So hopefully I can get through this one. I may be able to start it as soon as tonight.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I just took a gamble on an on-sale Switch game today called Tales of Vesperia, I knew nothing about it prior to getting it. So far it's pretty cool, I exploited this early area where every time I exited the room and went back in, the three enemies there respawn. So, I've been level grinding, all of which was made possible due to the fact that the enemies sometimes drop healing items. My only complaint so far is that in a battle you typically have to mash the B button, hold Y to block, and press A for specials. This is fine, except that the X button is used to access the menu, and I keep pressing that in the process of pressing the other buttons, which is annoying. Other than that complaint, the game seems pretty lit.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Playing through Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It's been ages since I last played an Assassin's Creed game, but I'm enjoying Victorian London. The combat and parkour controls are so much better than in II, though that's to be expected.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim and Final Fantasy XII!! Friends recommended them to me and I'm having a blast! I can't recommend Aegis Rim enough, even Yoko Tar showered high praise for it!
    Along with these I'm tagging along Genshin and Honkai Star Rail, although Genshin has taken a back seat, I absolutely love the premise of journeying across stars in sci-fi high fantasy world, with the very adventure and the act of making friends along the way being a sacred part of a celestial entity, Akivili's philosophy.

Excited to see what comes up

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Recently finished the first part of the Advance Wars remake, will be starting the Black Hole Rising campaign soon. Also replayed FE Engage on Hard, might do a Maddening run at some point as well though probably not for a while.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Biomutant last night (PS5 free upgrade after having issues running it on my PS4. No I don't know why) and got it's Platinum trophy as well. That's two Platinum trophies I've gotten back to back. That's stopping already lol. Unless for some reason you don't count the next game I'm going to play.

The second time in the last couple of months... the reviews are accurate. Unfortunately. Were there times I enjoyed the game? Absolutely. Were the graphics really pretty and the best I've seen in quite a long time possibly all year so far? Yep. Not even graphics can save games sometimes though. Story wasn't that great (generic apocalyptic story), characters weren't that interesting except for a few (some side characters, the MC you create/control and the antagonist (sort of). World was... okay but it was 70% forest and not enough variety (IMO). Graphics? Very pretty. Gameplay? Too many mechanics that I feel like I still didn't fully understand even after beating it. Borderline BOTW/TOTK ripoff (IMO. Feel free to educate me otherwise). I mean I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it. I did. At times. But I got too frustrated and had no idea what I was doing, where to go, or what order to do things in. Problem with open-world games I guess. I had to switch to Easy and the guide I used/got was useless so I stopped using it. Took me 20-ish in-game hours to get a 'hang' of things. That's too long IMO. Was it a personal skill issue? Yeah maybe but that's still too long for me to feel like I'm not struggling (mostly). I get too long-winded with these things. The point is... the reviews are accurate and I see why and understand why it got mixed reviews. It's still fun. At times. But it just doesn't succeed in most areas. plus there's that borderline BOTW/TOTK ripoff situation. But hey... I'll take an Easy Platinum. No matter what kind of game it is.

Next up for me... I'm back to playing my Nintendo Switch again. For one game only lol. The finale Ori game and the finale of the Ori franchise it appears anyway. I believe I read somewhere that Moon Studio is 'done' making Ori games so RIP. Unfortunately really. I guess. I could be wrong though so feel free to correct me on this. Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Started playing Fire Emblem Awakening as well as The Blazing Blade on the Switch's GBA Collection, both been pretty good so far. Still playing Engage as well trying to get every support conversation and have also played a few none Fire Emblem games such as Mercenary Kings, Neon Abyss and Super Mario Maker 2 within the last few days.

Years
  • Playing Zelda Skyward Sword HD.
    Taking a break from Shiny breeding for a bit and figured I'd try and reduce my unplayed Switch games pile a bit =P

Back