• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
I'm trying Palworld right now, I wanted to see why the internet is so hyped up about this game, and now I can understand why. It's a nice combination between Valheim (survival), Call of Duty (Guns), Genshin impact (teleportation, world, statue upgrade, stamina, dash), and of course, Pokemon. I can't understand why people are so mad about this game. It's nice one.
I agree that it's a nice combination of different genres and mechanics. Been having a lot of fun playing it with my friends. We got a Palworld private server and spend a few hours a day exploring, crafting, and battling. The crafting system is surprisingly deep, and we've spent countless hours tinkering with different combinations to create the perfect tools and gadgets.

Last edited:

BWZ

Days
  • Seen yesterday
Started playing Last Epoch, a hack-and-slash that was fully released yesterday.
I've been waiting for it since it was announced and so far it looks pretty good

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
Doing my third (yes, because I'm bad at planning) playthrough of Persona 4 Golden in order to get all the achievements, things like maxing out all the social links, obtaining 100 skill cards and fighting the game's superboss. I could've definitely done it in only two but I assumed I just knew what I was doing and missed out on some stuff due to not using a guide. Numazu in the Mirage drops today and I'm eagerly awaiting being able to play it on my Switch, and I've just entered Master Rank in MH Rise Sunbreak and we're gonna be going through that when we find the time.

Years
I am in the Granblue Fantasy Relink trenches.

I am drowning.

Please save me.

(I am ALSO on FFXIV picking my plants. I need this green)

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
Years
aside from the couple Pokemon games I've been casually running through in my spare time (namely HeartGold and Scarlet), I've been playing quite a bit of Risk of Rain 2, usually with my partner and/or some friends. it's definitely a bit chaotic, but that's part of the fun.

I've also been very keen to try Helldivers 2, so I picked that up and will be trying it whenever my friends decide to hop on next.

Years
Tinkering with Genshin again. Been ages, but Nahida (one of my favorite designs ever) re-released lately so I just had to do it. Let's see if I stick with it this time..!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I do eventually want to try the last of us again. I reinstalled it last night. (but didn't start it).

I only got to play this a few years back on a shaky and laggy cloud server. Not the best way to finish a game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm currently replaying Chrono Trigger. Getting to the endgame and it just reminds me how much I miss these fun endgame sections in games that allowed you to become incredible powerful to easily go through the final stretch. xD
Still no fan of postgame content...

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
At long last... I have finally finished, survived and escaped Tales of Arise HELL and it's DLC. If this doesn't tell you how this is going to go... then I don't know what will. If I gave my true full thoughts on this game... IT WOULD BE A REALLY LONG ASS POST. Which apparently nobody likes or wants to read anymore. I'll try to summarize things to the best of my ability. However... it will likely still be a little bit long so apologies beforehand.

First of all... TL;DR... I'm sorry but this game doesn't feel like a true Tales of game. It just doesn't I'm sorry. What this feels like... is that they wanted to make a new IP and dumbass Bandai Namco executive higher up (whose likely an SAO simp) said no and told them to slap Tales of on it. Conspiracy? Call it whatever you want... some of my discord friends told me they felt the same exact same way so it can't just be me.

The story was not that interesting to me in the slightest in any way whatsoever I'm sorry. Very 'bland' and nothing was very memorable or 'stuck out' for me. The characters fought with each other CONSTANTLY to the point where it detracted from pretty much everything that was going on and got the point of annoyance. I get that Tales of party members can fight BUT NOT THIS MUCH AND NOT AROUND THE STORY. It's always HUMOROUS AND ENTERTAINING AND ABOUT STUPID CRAP THAT ISN'T INVOLVING THE STORY. THAT'S WHY IT'S HUMOROUS. It legitimately felt like the party members didn't actually like each other. When an argument happened... it would be stopped in the worst possible way. 'Let's focus on the task on hand' Oh really? Really now? Wow. Just wow. Who wrote that? Seriously? Absolutely ridiculous. The world of the game was very 'generic' too. The environments were pretty yes but there was nothing really 'memorable' about the worlds and the environments in the game could also be found in Biomutant or any other JRPG. Not great. Not great. Also... I don't really 'get' why people claim space is all that great. Them going to space... felt shoehorned in. In other words... it felt like they had them go to space... just to have them go to space. That's not a good enough reason I'm sorry. Find a better reason. Another horrid ass excuse. Ridiculous. The space areas weren't even that big either and it's not like it was a completely different planet or something. Why do space areas always have to be 'futuristic'? That's way over-used and just makes it so great!! Not. Give me a break.

I don't like the art style in the game I'm sorry I just don't. It's not 'anime-like' enough for me. CGI=/= anime-like I'm sorry. Tales of, to me at least, is supposed to be a fusion between an JRPG and an anime. This CGI crap doesn't cut it I'm sorry. That's not anime-like. At all. It only felt 'anime-like' during the anime cutscenes. That's not good enough I'm sorry. The skits in this game are the WORST SKITS I THINK I'VE EVER SEEN IN A TALES OF GAME AND HAVE NO CHARACTER TO THEM IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. It's just more CGI crap and that no feeling, emotion, or character in them or to them. That's not a skit. That's a cutscene. What a joke. Give me a break. I don't care about customization I'm sorry. So the outfit and weapon stuff in the skit means nothing to me sorry. The skits have to be 'anime-like' end of story.

Can someone please explain to me what the point of the battle system is? Seriously? I'm being serious here and not joking. What's the point of it? Is it fun? Sure... at times. BUT THEN THE WHOLE GOD DAMN BATTLE SYSTEM IS THROWN OUT DURING BOSS FIGHTS. IF YOU ARE GOING TO THROW THE WHOLE GOD DAMN BATTLE SYSTEM OUT FOR BOSS FIGHTS THEN THERE IS NO POINT TO THE BATTLE SYSTEM. I'm sorry. The enemies TAKE WAY TO GOD DAMN LONG TO BEAT I'm sorry. They are literally damage sponges. There is no excuse for this. That's not a random enemy... THAT'S A BOSS. They shouldn't take longer than thirty seconds to beat. Maybe a minute depending on the enemy. Not a minute to two minutes or longer. What a god damn joke with this shit. Give me a break. The bosses are even WORSE. Each boss takes at least ten minutes to beat. That's not a boss... that's an optional super boss. Who came up with this seriously? There is no excuse for this BS. What a joke. You only get in-game money from side quests. That's it. Not money from beating enemies on the field like you are supposed to but from side quests. I like side quests. But THAT'S how you get in-game money? Seriously? That you instantly run out of from weapon and equipment upgrades and don't have enough for items THAT I HAD TO USE A LOT OF. I can't with this. Seriously. There's no excuse for this shit either. Seriously.

Who in the hell came up with the final dungeon? Seriously? I would like to strangle them. THE WORST FINAL DUNGEON I THINK I'VE EVER SEEN IN A TALES OF GAME. I was literally playing the game on normal... UNTIL THIS BS FINAL DUNGEON. THEN... I JUST HAD IT WITH THIS GAME AND IT'S MULTIPLE BS. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DECREASE THE DIFFICULTY. I SHOULDN'T OF HAD TO DO THAT. It has 'boss type' enemies in the field in the final dungeon. Which made the item and money situation even worse.

All in all... whatever this shit is supposed to be... it ain't it. Sorry. It's just not. But this is just how I personally feel okay? Just utterly ridiculous and no excuse for all of this BS. But don't believe me I'm just a stupid person on the internet that most want to claim is wrong 95% of the time.

Next up is Pokemon Brilliant Diamond finally. My first Pokemon experience since Crown Tundra DLC. Two shit games back to back you say? Another hell you say? Maybe. But Arise had good reviews. Do you see why I judge games for myself now? Let me judge Brilliant Diamond for myself thanks.

Told you. Sorry. I had A LOT of issues with Arise.

Tales of list:

Abyss
Berseria
Xillia
Xillia 2
Graces f
Symphonia
Zestiria
Arise
Symphonia 2
Vesperia

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Been playing a few games recently:

Fire Emblem Engage (trying to get every A Support)

Fire Emblem Three Houses (doing my first Maddening playthrough)

Pokkén Tournament DX (progressing through the Iron League)

Rune Factory 5 (played through the story)

Yggdra Union (currently halfway through Chapter 3)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Well that didn't take me very long. It depends on the Pokemon game and if it's even worth it (for me) but I saw no reason to play postgame in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond sorry I just didn't. It's mostly legendary catching anyway and that's not really something I'm that interested in.

So yes I finished Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. Look... think whatever you want at the end of the day. That's your right. Clearly. If you want to bury the game... then bury the game. I've said on multiple different occasions, and will continue to say so, that bullshit needs to be called out as bullshit. However... for me personally... and obviously this is literally just me okay... I just don't care. I'm sorry I just don't. The vast vocal majority whiny complaints I saw for this game are exactly that. Whiny complaints. But this is practically normal for the pokemon fanbase so what else is new. Does it suck they didn't change the story? Sure but I don't care. Is the chibi style good? No but I don't care. How exactly is this any different than HD2D anyway? I don't see the 'big deal' about HD2D but people keep claiming it's the greatest thing ever. What's the difference? Someone explain this to me please, because for me, there is no difference. What I did have issue with... is them throwing competitive at me during the story. If you want to put that in postgame... that's fine. But having it during the main story and with the Elite 4 and Champion? Get that shit out of here I'm sorry. I shouldn't of had to worry about this when I was only at the second gym. Perfect EVs, Perfect natures, egg moves, competitive held items, if this isn't competitive then I guess I don't know what is. It's competitive and nothing anyone says will make me feel differently. Get it out. I don't want it, it's not needed, and it's utterly ridiculous. I just want to chill and play Pokemon. I don't want to have to worry about f-ing competitive I'm sorry. I had to use X Items and I shouldn't have. Ridiculous. But hey at least I have respect for Azumarill now? I guess? (I do but I'm just saying)

I enjoyed the game. Is it good? No but calling it 'mid' I feel is too harsh for it as well. I enjoyed my time and my experience and the updated music. Imagine enjoying a game.

Cry me a river

Next up for me (which technically has already begun) is Tokyo Xanadu eX+ No english dub. Will it matter? We'll see.

Years
Steam Family Sharing got ya boy right, so I finally got to crack on some games in the backlog.

Persona 3 Reload is getting a mandatory playthrough, but I'm finally trekking through Signalis. Whew boy

Back