• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
  • I'm reading three books at one time, because why not?

The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test - Tom Wolfe
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark - Carl Sagan
    Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country - Thom Hartmann

I've got some varied interests, guys, I promise. By the way, I would recommend all three of these books. The last one's a little more pragmatic and instructional than the first two, but worth a read all the same.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    'Lord of flies'

I'm reading it for a school contest so I can win a Kindle. I probably won't win, but hey, it's worth a try.

Years
  • I just finish Split by Swati Avasthi, it was alright, however it left a lot of questions burning.

I'm about to switch to The Romance Of The Three Kingdoms. One of my favorite historical time periods.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've just started reading If You Ask Me by Betty White. I'm so psyched she wrote a book, I can't wait to get into it!

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
    Years
  • I just finished reading Petals on the Wind by V.C Andrews. It's the second book in her Dollanganger series. Such a mature book, read it if you have an open mind. *coughcoughincestcoughcoughpedoscoughcoughsuicidecough*

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Right now I am reading Warriors- The New Prophecy: Dawn

I love those books. I haven't read one in a while so I am a little confused about the names.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Currently reading both "Eye On The World" by Tan Kok Seng and "Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less" by Jeffrey Archer at the same time. Both are borrowed from the library for a book review homework. "Eye On The World" is an autobiography.

I don't know why I like autobiographies so much.

Just read "Beast on My Belfry" by Gerald Durell. Read that because I had nothing better to do and I just love the cartoonish cover. It's another autobiography by the way.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, I just got finished reading "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan. It was really good and I'm happy I decided to start it. Now I'm reading "The Ultimate Gift" (I don't remember the author) and it is really good and a fast read. Next on my list is going to be "Uglies" by Scott Westerfeld and I can't wait to get started :D

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I am in the middle of reading Marked - The House of Night Series - P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I'm currently reading through one of my own creations, coupled with Red Riding Hood by Sarah Cartwright and David Johnson.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • "Fácil de matar", by Almudena Grandes. I just bought a ton of books in the yearly Madrid Book Fair so I'll update this often XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I've just read the Hobbit, and started with Fellowship of the Ring 2 days ago :) I'm gna finish the whole LotR series (inc side-stories, not only the trilogy ;) )

Narcissist

Living Libertine
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2011
    As of last week, I'm reading A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. Normally, I'd have completed a book that size by now but I've had some interruptions with relatives and schoolwork so I haven't had a lot of time to relax and read it.

Though, of what I have read, I wouldn't recommend it to people who want an easy read. You have to persevere with this book as it's not completely in English. Most of the sentences are mixed with Nadsat - a fictional language the author conceived, very close to Russian. I believe some editions come with a dictionary at the back (mine did not) but that could become time consuming for some.

Years
  • I just got a Nook Color, and so I've been reading a lot lately. I just finished reading Room by Emma Donaghue, The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan, and..now I'm reading Black Out by Lisa Unger. It's really neat. It started off quite interestingly. I can't wait to finish it and start a new book ^_~

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I just finished a book called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle it's an amazing story and very well written, but also vastly confusing (it left me more confused and hazy than after I watched Inception). Still, I couldn't bring myself to put it down, I highly recommend it.

Now I'm reading No One Would Listen and it's about the guy who kept on file all of the charges against Bernie Madoff's company when he was found guilty of committing fraud. I'm taking accounting now and we did an introduction to fraud and I found it really interesting how the SEC can overlook/ignore all the scams he (and other large companies) was pulling.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I just finished a book called The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle it's an amazing story and very well written, but also vastly confusing (it left me more confused and hazy than after I watched Inception). Still, I couldn't bring myself to put it down, I highly recommend it.

Now I'm reading No One Would Listen and it's about the guy who kept on file all of the charges against Bernie Madoff's company when he was found guilty of committing fraud. I'm taking accounting now and we did an introduction to fraud and I found it really interesting how the SEC can overlook/ignore all the scams he (and other large companies) was pulling.
    I started reading Wind-Up Bird a few years ago in a bookshop, and kept going back to the shop to read a chapter at a time as I was too cheap to buy it. I think I managed to get about 100 pages in before just stopping for some reason. I really liked those 100 pages, though. If you liked it, try Norwegian Wood by the same author. Very good.

Just finished The Hollywood Economist, a non-fiction book about the inner-workings of how film studios finance films and why Hollywood accounting means that massive successes can be labelled as failures to get out of paying stars royalties and stuff. Worth a read.

Now reading A Visit from the Goon Squad. I bought it before it won the Pulitzer, but now it's all popular and stuff and I want to be part of the cultural conversation that has sprung up around the book. It's very well written so far, although I'm only about 50 pages in and there've already been about three different character-POV changes.

Posting Binge: 8/40

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back