• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

Years
  • Empresses of the Palace. I like it, it's very romantic. The way Emperor Yonzheng is portrayed is endearing, and seems accurate to his personality based on what I have read so far. He was a very hardworking, humble, ethical and steadfast Emperor who ushered in an era of peace and prosperity for China, and was a true follower of Confucianism, and that is how he acts in the series. Some of his notable contributions to history include the formation of a grand council and fighting corrupt in the government. He built shelters for orphans and the poor, endowed schools, freed slaves, refined irrigation systems. He sounds like one in a million.

I'm 20 episodes in, and like the way his relationship with Zhen Huan is portrayed, he's so tender. Documentation on every conversation in the imperial harem is probably not there, so I would imagine there's a lot of artistic license, but it's still a nice viewing, and I could picture him being like this in his private, domestic life too.

I want to see more of Prince Gou, the emperor's poetic brother. I'm enjoying the unrequited love story they have created for the drama.

I really like the character of Shen Meizhuang. She's beautiful, introspective, gentle. I hope she gets dealt a better hand in the days to come. Who also seems like they have an interesting story to tell is the sickly consort "Honnête" as the name is translated in my close captions-- I think this is Consort Duan.

But boy do I hate that evil Consort Hua! I wish I could put a stop to her reign of terror, but I have a feeling she is only getting started. None of the villains in Yanxi Palace combined even compare with the monstrous cruelty she can show in one episode. I still get chills thinking about the "scarlet red" she awarded to the new concubine. Let's hope this is fiction.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • I haven't watched anything but Dgr's Mario Maker 2 Troll levels.

Last time i finished a full series was when i watched Inuyasha about 2-3 years ago.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Finally got around to The Owl House.

I am already in awe with another great animated series.

I look forward to discovering more that the show has to offer.

pkmin3033

I watched about six episodes of season five of Prison Break and decided to pack it in...if that doesn't scream "fan pandering" then I don't know what does. Season four's ending was satisfactory - and conclusive - so I think I'll just pretend season five never happened.

I am now watching Suits! This has been on my to-do list for a while and I figured I'd save Supernatural for next year, when it's all over and hopefully all on Amazon Prime...or will be by the time I get to the final season, at the end of next year if I only watch one episode a day. Anyways, this is...uh, ok? tbh if not for my recent playthrough of Phoenix Wright I probably wouldn't have been inspired to start watching it.

Bay

Years
  • I've been slowly watching the Chinese live action drama The Untamed. It's about two characters Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji who deal with supernatural stuff while dealing with one of the clans trying to rule everyone. I'm 44 out of 50 episodes and I've been really enjoying the series so far. There are a few things I'm iffy about though (some trigger warnings including suicide under spoilers)

Spoiler:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Does this include anime? It's pretty much the main thing I watch anymore. lol

If so I've finally stopped putting it off and have started watching Fairy Tail. Pretty good so far. I'm also rewatching Code Geass so I can finally watch the new(er) stuff. Akito OVA's and Resurrection movie. Resurrection movie only because that's the only one they dubbed.

As far as other stuff I'm watching... a lot of it is on break/hiatus and it's unknown when or if it'll come back because COVID ruins everything now apparently.

I'm watching Black Clover & Naruto Shippuden but the Toonami airings of them. I also watch WWE Raw & SmackDown! as well as AEW Dynamite. Yep. I'm a rebel. I guess. lol. I also watch stuff like Tosh.0 (unknown hiatus length), Ghost Hunters (season ended; unknown hiatus length), Ghost Adventures (season ended; unknown hiatus length), South Park (waiting for next season that may never come), BattleBots (waiting for new season that may never come), Amphibia, The Owl House, DuckTales reboot (unknown hiatus length), Unikitty! (series ending... 😭), Mao Mao Heroes of Pure Heart (season ended; unknown hiatus length), Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Robot Chicken (season ended; unknown hiatus length), Bakugan new series, Whose Line Is It Anyway (somehow still ongoing; new ep next week), that bizarre but somehow enjoyable YouTuber show Player Select on Disney XD. lol. and Pokemon Journeys (waiting for next batch of eps).

I think that's it. I may or may not be forgetting something. lol

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Started Hotel Del Luna yesterday. I'm really enjoying the lore and worldbuilding, as well as IU's and the male lead's onscreen chemistry. Everything's been set up so I'm curious to see where the plot goes, especially with those flashback sequences.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Just finished Better Call Saul. Absolutely love that show! The editing, pace, storytelling, cast and performances are amazing.

Edit: Might pick up Dragonball where I left a couple of months ago.

Chron

The Forgetful One
    Years
  • Watching a few things at the moment.

-The Office: I've only seen bits and pieces, really enjoying going through it from the start, currently in season 6.
    -30 Rock: Pretty fantastic so far, tbh. Always heard good things about it, but never gave it a chance until a few months ago. Currently in season 2, probably gonna be on this one for a long time given how long the seasons are.
    -It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: One of my favorite shows, decided to re-run through all of it before catching up with the last 3 or 4 seasons I haven't watched. Currently in season 7, about to learn how Mac got fat. :P
    -The Politician: Jumped in to season 2 and got hooked since my fiancée started watching it. Gotta rewatch season 1 since I just read the episode summaries, it's definitely an interesting take on a politics drama, though. Also happy since I haven't had a good politics show to watch since House of Cards & Designated Survivor.
    -Avatar the Last Airbender: Had to start re-watching this given how much I loved it when I was younger. Pretty early in Book One still, but the nostalgia and characters are so good!

@Sandman - I definitely have to get back into Better Call Saul, I'm way behind on that show!! Glad to hear it only gets better! :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ming Dynasty (2019)

I am on episode 1. It is okay, I need to see more to pass verdict though. What I can say so far is that it's very grand, full of dramatic battle sequences, and colorful costumes. It feels almost like more of an adventure martial arts movie like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Legend of the Black Scorpion, than some of the other Chinese dramas I have been watching lately. It represents a change of pace for me after completing Empresses in the Palace/ Legend of Zhen Huan, which was a quiet introspective look at life in the imperial harem by contrast. While excellent the whole way through, Zhen Huan very sad, especially towards the end. So I don't mind the switch to a sweeping epic to help me dry my tears after Zhen Huan. This one also has a healthy dose of humor at times, especially with the crown prince.

I have read a little about Zhu, the Hong Wu Emperor, founder of the Ming Dynasty, but don't know as much about the third Yongle Emperor that this story seems to be inspired on, so the series Ming will if nothing else get me to read more about this point in the history of the dynasty as follow up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Watching
    =
    Modern Family
    F.R.I.E.N.D.S
    We Bare Bears
    Phineas and Ferb

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • we just finished binging the entirety of family guy lmfao. we've started the legend of korra, since we watched avatar back when that was added to netflix. i had already seen avatar, but my partner hadn't when we started watching. i'm way less familiar with korra, and obv he didn't watch it either, so it's nice to go in where we're both roughly unfamiliar.

Bay

Years
  • I've been binge watching Xena: Warrior Princess, almost done with the second season at the moment. It's been so so long since I watched it, so it kinda feels like I'm watching it again for the first time. Love Xena and Gabrielle a lot and I like the action and comedy in it, but there are some episodes where I'm like yeah definitely written by men lol.

Back