• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV What are you currently watching?

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • Brooklyn nine nine. Always didn't get the hype of the show at first, but now I do.

〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Finished Attack On Titan (but as it was Japanese, Shingeki No Kyojin). Now I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist (not brotherhood).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've currently got four series on the go: Chuck, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl (just started last night as it popped up on UK Netflix) and Killing Eve.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm about to start on Hollywood, just like everyone else it seems like, but the last show I watched was Schitt's Creek. Countless people recommended it to me over the course of years, and the first couple of seasons didn't really disappoint. But I lost steam around the third season, so I'm moving on... consider it abandoned, sadly lmao.

I've currently got four series on the go: Chuck, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl (just started last night as it popped up on UK Netflix) and Killing Eve.

Was New Girl not on UK Netflix before now? It's kind of an inconsistently funny show, but you grow to love the characters for their charm, worth binging.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm about to start on Hollywood, just like everyone else it seems like, but the last show I watched was Schitt's Creek. Countless people recommended it to me over the course of years, and the first couple of seasons didn't really disappoint. But I lost steam around the third season, so I'm moving on... consider it abandoned, sadly lmao.

I had a similar thing about Schitt's Creek. Not the recommendation part - I think I watched it when it first popped up on Netflix - but the running out of steam. Not enough laugh-out-loud funny moments for me.

Was New Girl not on UK Netflix before now? It's kind of an inconsistently funny show, but you grow to love the characters for their charm, worth binging.
    No, just got added in April. Its a bit of a chameleon - the 1st season is all about the girl, but the guys steal the show and by the 3rd or 4th its more of a 'hangout' sitcom. I'm actually surprised at how good the first season is though, I remembered it being slower to get good.

Years
  • The Story of Yanxi Palace

It's a nail-biting suspenseful mystery with some really intense scenes, with villains and intrigue so evil that you never know what might happen next. It really feels like you are one of the maids tiptoeing your way through the majestic halls of the Forbidden City back in imperial China, and one misstep might mean the loss of your head. I am just engrossed in this gorgeous costume drama! It has a very good cast too. The main character Wei Yingluo is gangsta.

With 70 episodes total to watch this will definitely keep me occupied in quarantine for awhile.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nothing very consistently. The most recent show that I've been watching on and off has been Clarence, which is a cute 1990s-style cartoon that used to be on Cartoon Network. Belson is my favorite character :3

Years
  • I finished Beastars on netflix, it was pretty nice basically a mature take on zootopia lol. Other than that just watching a lot of Always Sunny in Philadelphia American Dad and Workaholics in the background, fun shows.

Years
  • Currently rewatching Sword Art Online, one of my favourite animes ever despite its flaws. Other than that just bouncing between a few Netflix shows :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I gave Space Force a chance. It's cozy and sort of feelgood, but not the best thing ever, nor the funniest.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I watched Control Z but it's short. People say it's similar to Elite but I liked this one a lot more. I suppose it does have some similarities but the central plot is very different.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • RuPaul's drag race All stars season 5 and Central Park.

Central park's actually pretty interesting and humorous; I did kind of expect a lot, as a Bob's burgers fan, so I was not disappointed.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I finished Beastars on netflix, it was pretty nice basically a mature take on zootopia lol. Other than that just watching a lot of Always Sunny in Philadelphia American Dad and Workaholics in the background, fun shows.

Did you not think it was SO weirdly enthralling? Like, it never really felt like a zoophilic thing at all - it would brink that tipping point, but it would never cross the line. And the voice acting was pretty stupendous, and the plot easy to follow and feel genuine empathy for the characters.

Years
  • Did you not think it was SO weirdly enthralling? Like, it never really felt like a zoophilic thing at all - it would brink that tipping point, but it would never cross the line. And the voice acting was pretty stupendous, and the plot easy to follow and feel genuine empathy for the characters.
    Definitely, had to finish it the same day I started. They did phenomenal work on that one on all fronts, the sexual parts are too subtle for it to be "That degenerate show" or whatever, it's done right I say, didn't know people got that from it.

Years
  • The Legends. After finishing Yanxi Palace I wanted to see more of actor Xu Kai. I might love him even more in this role as the hunted son of the Demon King, than I did as the chivalrous Fuca Fuheng. It's a pity that my boy always seems to be star-crossed.

The series is very entertaining so far. But while I adore him, think the gold deity is also interesting, and like the idea of this series and some of the magical escapades, I will say that the perkiness of the heroine is starting to grate on my nerves. I just started the series and am into only the second or third episode though, so I will see how it goes. I think it's going to be good at least. Time will tell whether it stays just good, or rises to being great.

Last edited:
    Back