• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you planning for your team?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
    Not sure if I'll be getting it at launch but I have a better idea of what my team might be now that the full Alola dex has leaked.

Spoiler:

The three non-spoilery ones are Primarina, Hawlucha and Dhelmise.

Another pretty solid team, but if you don't want to wait until Poni Island for Dhelmise, you could quite possibly get an egg in SM, get it to the point where it's just about to hatch, and then trade it over to USUM so you get it under your OT.

Spoiler:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Even with the new additions, there's still not much in the dex I like or haven't already used multiple times.
    Ideally, I'd like to use mons I've never used. This is what I've come up with so far:

Spoiler:

I was actually planning on using Pangoro in Moon, but ultimately never did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Another pretty solid team, but if you don't want to wait until Poni Island for Dhelmise, you could quite possibly get an egg in SM, get it to the point where it's just about to hatch, and then trade it over to USUM so you get it under your OT.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    After seeing the leaks, I think I?ll be going with this team (no spoilers, don?t worry):

Swampert
    Decidueye
    Salazzle
    Kommo-o
    Minior/Dusk Lycanroc
    A-Ninetails/Ribombee

Years
    Based on the Dex leaks and availability of Pokemon, I'm going with this:

Primarina
    Lycanroc (Dusk)
    Lopunny
    Hawlucha
    Tsareena
    Ampharos

Yeah, breaking tradition by skipping a Fire-type this time around. Tsareena was something I already used in Moon but it's only because I wasn't interested in the other Grass-type options. Lycanroc was something I also used but I want to give the new form a shot.

Hawlucha was something I never used in an in-game run before, so I'll be looking forward to trying it since it'll be an early-game encounter. I did use Lopunny in Diamond (before my brother stole it) but since Ambipom is locked to postgame and Buneary is on the very first route I figured I'd give Lopunny a shot again. I did consider Manectric, but it's not available until the third island so I decided to give up on that for Ampharos.

I may replace Ampharos with an Alolan Marowak to still use a Fire-type, but only if they fix Shadow Bone by making the Move Relearner earlier (or have it learn the move upon evolution instead) but if not the case I'll go with Ampharos.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Now that we know everything that will be in the game, I will be using the following.

Incenaroar
    Lycanroc (Dusk)
    Zoroark
    Alolan Ninetails
    Leafeon
    Silvally (Psychic)

So yeah, kinda dog/cat/fox theme. Obviously this will probably change. But this is my ideal team. I will also have to look at Z Movies, to see if there is something better I want. If we get Nebby, I will obviously end up using Nebby some.

I would also like to see which starters I can get early on.

Didn't realize that Lucario wasn't available. I thought I saw it, but didn't.

Last edited:

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    For once, I don't really have an idea what I want on my team. I want to delve into USUM with a clear, spoiler-free mind in an effort to be more "wowed".

But I know for sure I'm going to choose Rowlet as my starter from not properly using the Rowlet-line (ik, I'm probably one of the very few who hasn't oops) and already trying out Litten & Popplio

Years
    Currently I planned for...

- Decidueye
    - Dusk Form Lycanroc
    - Ninetales-Alola
    - Mimikyu

I'm not sure about who to put for the last 2 spots. :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm thinking of ditching the starter once I have a decent core set up. I like them all, but I don't have much of a desire to use them again. Otherwise I may stick with Rowlet

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Well, I know I'm going with the starter (still unsure who though) and Mime Jr. Other than that, I think I'll just play the rest by ear. Seel is supposedly available on the first island and I don't think I've ever used one, so that's an option. I'd use Rufflet if it didn't evolve so late!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2018
    Right now I'm planning on using Decidueye, Dusk Lycanroc, Houndoom, Furfrou, Zygarde 10% and I'll breed a Riolu to send over. I used a dog themed party in Sun, and since this is an alternate universe retelling, why not use an alternate team with the same theme?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I used Decidueye before, so I want to diversify my team. But I'm not sure if I want to use the Litten line and I also want to use other grass types.

Here's what I'm considering:

-Yangoos
    -Pikipek
    -Fomantis
    -Sandygast
    -Jangmo-o
    -Litten or Rowlet
    -Shellos
    -Alolan Vulpix

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
    Alright, so now that Oddish is out of the picture entirely, I think I'll give Rowlet another go. I've already used Litten (in Sun) and Popplio (in Rejuvenation, a fangame), so I won't be missing out on experiencing them. It seems moons and owls are going to be my thing, haha.

As for other team members, I know I'll be trying Dusk Lycanroc. Seel is looking more appealing, and as is Vikavolt (assuming the rumours of an earlier evo point is true). I'm still unsure what my team will look like in the end...

Back