• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. It's my summer book.
    Is that series worth getting into if someone is a fan of fantasy? I have the series floating around my house and have always thought about reading them, but I never do because it looks like such a commitment.

As for what I'm currently reading, it's Tears of a Dragon by Bryan Davis. It's the last book in the Dragons In Our Midst series, and it's getting rather tedious to read through. None of the "danger" is actually that dangerous to the heroes, so there's no tension. That's why I doubt the people who have said that this series is on par with Narnia, Harry Potter, and the Lord of the Rings.

Need to get started with that book review blog!~

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Just started Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

What are you reading?

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
    I'm currently at Chapter 3 of How To Fight A Dragon's Fury by Cressida Cowell.
    It's the last title in the brilliant How To Train Your Dragon series...
    Love these books, love the films/tv series also!

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Currently I'm reading De Triomf van de Dwergen. Which translates to "The Triumph of the Dwarves". Written by the German fantasy author Markus Heitz.

It's the 5th and newest volume of the series. I loved it to bits back then and actually thought the fourth book was the last one. A lot of spinoff books were published after that, mainly featuring the Alves, which are the opposite of Elves. And suddenly a 5th book of the core series came out. So I was really glad the story continued, I'm at page 500 atm and it's still great.

Years
    I'm just starting The Man Who Went Up In Smoke by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö. It's the second in the Martin Beck series of mystery novels, the first of which I read a while back on a whim and rather liked. It's Swedish mystery and since I really liked (the adaptations of) the Millennium series (a.k.a. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) and Wallander I think I'll enjoy the rest of this series.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Stephen King's It

Haven't read it since I was like 16. There's was a lot I didn't understand and parts I forgot but re-reading it now is pretty amazing.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
    Currently enjoying The Iron Ghost by Jen Williams...
    It's the second book in the 'Copper Cat' fantasy series - Really reccommend, great reads :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Currently reading The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exup?ry. It's my first time reading the book, even though it's one of my mother's favorite books. At least now I'll be a little more prepared when the movie comes out.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear. One of the most unique steampunk novels I have ever read.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Started two books at the same time!

Is God a Mathematician? by Mario Luvio - it's about how the ways of the natural world can be explained by mathematics. Very dry reading, but it's a physics book, and I'm always interested in that.

Ender In Exile by Orson Scott Card - let's not get into my feelings about this book.

Years
    I'm reading The Laughing Policeman which is the fourth book in the detective series by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö and so far the best one. (Also unfortunately the last one my local library has.) Almost done with this one and so far I've only got a vague inkling of how this is going to end. I have high hopes for a dramatic and satisfying ending.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    read two books while on holiday; finished reading 'slade house' by david mitchell which was fantastic & i also finished kurt cobain's biography, 'heavier than heaven', by charles r. cross. so now i'm reading 'cat sense', but i don't know the author haha

Back