• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite Kanto landmarks?

Tremonal

Pokemon Researcher
Years
  • Hey all, I was just wondering:

What are your favorite landmarks in the Kanto region? Do you like wandering around Mt Moon? How about visiting the Power Plant, or the Safari Zone? What are some places you really like, but are not cities? These can include areas in cities (ex: Safari Zone), or even places you can fly to (ex: Indigo Plateau), but not the cities themselves.

Thank you for your input!

PS. Here are some examples, just to refresh your memories:
    Cerulean Cave, Diglett's Cave, Indigo Plateau, Mt Moon, Pokemon Mansion, Pokemon Tower, Power Plant, Rock Tunnel, Celadon Game Corner, Safari Zone, Seafoam Islands, Silph Co., Victory Road, Viridian Forest...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like the Mt Moon area in GSC/HGSS personally with the whole clefairy dance on mondays (ah, nostalgia...), although less so the downsizing of the cave itself...

Safari Zone is probably my next favourite place just with the whole exploration feeling it gave me - had to go several times there to explore it fully and I rather enjoyed it. However... out of other routes/landmark I can't say there are other places that I notably enjoyed comapred to other games, huh. [/musing] Oh, except maybe the puzzles in the seafoam islands - those I enjoyed a fair bit, along with the challenge that is catching Articuno.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This looks more like it's targeted toward Kanto in the games, so I'm going to shift this over to Pokémon Gaming Central.

In my opinion, there aren't really that many interesting locations for me in Kanto. If any, I found the Safari Zone in FireRed and LeafGreen to be the most enjoyable place. I liked the different zones and how large the area was. Not to mention the array of Pokémon there was to catch.

Next to the Safari Zone, the Seafoam Islands might be my second favorite place to go to. Not sure why though, but it just is. oo;

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Cerulean Cave and Diglett's Cave

I always search at those places for the fun of it. Good spots!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • What are your favorite Kanto landmarks?

The mansion on Cinnabar Island has always been a favorite of mine. Most of the pokemon found there in R/B were unique to it (such as Grimer/Muk, Koffing/Weezing, Ponyta, and Magmar), the puzzle-solving was pretty confusing when I was younger, and Mewtwo's backstory could be pieced together from old books laying around.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gonna go with Pokemon Mansion. I remember I used to think that Mewtwo was actually wandering the mansion, so I spent hours looking for his sprite in there. Kinda disappointed that he was actually at the end of the game, but whatever. And the music there is nice and creepy and there are Fire Pokemon everywhere.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Silph Co was always a good one for me, but my favourite ever is Viridian Forest. What's better than it? It's the start of everything, it is the essence of Pokemon.... and it's so pretty!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hmm...though I haven't played FireRed as much as I'd like (and I haven't played HeartGold at all yet) I guess interesting Kanto landmarks would be:

Cerulean Cave/Unknown Dungeon: Houses several high-level Pokemon, not to mention the psychic terror that is Mewtwo. And the Pokemon League is in charge of it due to the danger involved.

The S.S. Anne had nice music, though I wish that it would actually return to the port...

The unmanned Power Plant was pretty cool. Swarms of Electric-type Pokemon, not to mention the lightning-fast Zapdos at the end!

Silph Co. was impressive...many floors and tons of Rocket Grunts to take out, culminating with a boss fight against Rocket Boss Giovanni! I also loved fighting here in Super Smash Brothers 64...

Kanto's Safari Zone was intriguing as I ventured into it to retrieve the Golden Teeth of Warden Slowpoke... :< I wish it didn't get changed to Pal Park for Generation 4; but rather, the location of Johto's current Safari Zone could have become Pal Park, and Kanto could have been altered with the stylizations of the "actual" Johto Safari Zone...

The Seafoam Islands were interesting as well...except I hardly ever went to them in FireRed, mainly because I thought Missingno. was still present in FRLG so I freaked out whenever I had to surf from Cinnabar Island or the other shore that permits access to the twin Seafoam Islands. Thankfully, a Missingno.-level glitch isn't present in there. -.-

Cinnabar Pokemon Mansion creeped me out with all the Mew statues and the glowing red eyes. As in, Missingno.-level, Haunter/Gengar-level, or Decamark-level scary. *shudders* All of the entries related to Mew and Mewtwo were somewhat interesting...

Last edited:

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • What?? Nobody likes Sea Cottage? I like that spot. A lot of things happen there. Bill lives there, and you help him when he was turned into a pokémon. Then you catch suicune, and Bill's grandfather gives you evolution stones if you show him pokémon. And the last, but not least, you can find Misty looking at the sea!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Burned Mansion-The mystery of that place and the music that always give me chills down to my spine make it become one of my favorite Kanto landmark.

Pokemon Tower-The original tower for pokemon spirits eternal rest. And this is where the first and only explicit murder of a pokemon happened. It's grim, but its proves that Kanto story plot is vmore violent than any other pokemon game.

Silph Co.- The biggest technology company in pokemon world. They also the one that created both Porygon line and the famous Masterball. During Kanto story, this is also the place where most massive take over of criminal team ever happened in Pokemon world. You can also get the famous Lapras here.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I can't choose anything specific. The whole region, every part of it, reminds me of my childhood. Every landmark means something different to me.

So I am just going to have to say that Kanto altogether is my favorite landmark.

Years
  • First and foremost, I love spending time in the Fighting Dojo. I kind of wish it was the main Saffron Gym instead of Sabrina :P

I also like the Indigo Plateau in Leaf Green, what with all the archways etc :)

Other places would be the Pokémon Mansion, Celadon Game Corner, Safari Zone, Seafoam Islands and Silph. Co :)

Not sure if this counts but places like Copycat's house are cool too :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pokemon Tower; Tohjo Falls; and some maps show Mt Silver to be at least partially in Kanto, but even if it's not, I like the route leading to it.

Back