• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your fondest videogame memories?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    This could be either an accomplishment that was made in a game, playing a certain game with some pals, or a certain moment in a game. For myself, my fondest memories was in high school/college dragging my TV sand Xbox over to my friends house and LANing Destiny every Tuesday night. Also, getting all the achievements in Dark Souls 3 was an enormous grind but felt so good to actually accomplish.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Gathering with my friends and playing Pokémon; Gen III and IV were the peak of this and I will always have the fondest memories of these years.

Playing Street Fighter with my cousins (rather, watching them play it). They don't really like videogames, so any moment of them actually playing games, a way for me and them to connect more, is cherished. When the Wii was the hottest thing in town still my family became a fan of the bowling game in Wii Sports, so much that it would be played at almost every gathering in my house. That was so fun.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Beating Ornstein and Smough on my first playthru of Darksouls. It was intense, the feeling of euphoria I felt as I finally delivered the finishing blow to an enhanced Ornstein after what felt like my 20th try was amazing.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Honestly, I think it's just the anticipation I had as an 11 year old waiting for Majora's Mask to be released on the N64. Never had I (and still haven't) been so excited for a game's release. Use to spend the whole school day just drawing Link's weapons and stuff. {XD} Suffice to say, it exceeded my expectations and then some! It's still my favorite Zelda game by far.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
    The first time I ever played a video game, it was Mario Kart for the Wii, and I was really really really really really horrendously bad at it (and I still am kinda bad at video games)
    Also the first time I ever beat a video game, it was Pok?mon Omega Ruby

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Leaving my PS2 on all night long due to lacking a memory card. I was playing Need for Speed Underground at the time and got really far into the game, my room's window was wide open, night air was blowing through it, and some friends and I (I was about 7 or 8 at the time) were doing an endurance race. It just felt epic, what with the wind and all.

Unfortunately, due to never catching a break, my original PS2 eventually stopped working. I burned through 3 of the things during my time.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Leaving my PS2 on all night long due to lacking a memory card. I was playing Need for Speed Underground at the time and got really far into the game, my room's window was wide open, night air was blowing through it, and some friends and I (I was about 7 or 8 at the time) were doing an endurance race. It just felt epic, what with the wind and all.

Unfortunately, due to never catching a break, my original PS2 eventually stopped working. I burned through 3 of the things during my time.

Seems like it may have been more financially responsible have you just bought a memory card instead of going through three PlayStations 2's haha :P

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    Obviously Couch Co-op Halo 3 and Reach. Especially Halo 3, that was a good time to play with friends, and it got even better joining full matches of custom games.

Hell that game is what originally united my pals and I!

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
    Just roaming around the classic Spyro's hub worlds (notably, those in Spyro: Ripto's Rage), listening to the amazing music, and coming up with all sorts of scenarios in my head. My imagination just ran free, and it was fun and calming at the same time.

Speaking of Spyro, Ripto's Rage was the first game I ever completed 100%. To my younger self, that was quite an achievement. In that vein, the first few times I beat the E4 in Pok?mon (I can remember Silver and Emerald off the top of my head) got me pretty excited. Also, beating MD1 with a Skitty and a Chikorita, considering all the flying bosses, made my middle-schooler self pretty content.

Also, in grade 6, Pok?mon was pretty popular with the guys in my class, and we got to battle a couple of times. My best moment was when my Skitty managed to KO one of their Groudon. I mean, she got revenge killed pretty quick, but the bragging rights were still there. A lot of Pok?mon related stuff, really.

I played a lot of Sims, and I recall being pleased when I got several kids from my main family into private school. And when I maxed one of my Sim's career ladder, and a helicopter came to pick them up for work. Talk about an epic way to carpool...

Digimon World 1 was a lot of fun when I rented it from the local video rental place, playing a Digimon game was a bit novelty for me. Sadly, I sucked, but I remember it fondly none the less.

I could go on...

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    Definitely has to be my first proper playthrough of Dark Souls, with my friend. Getting fucked up by a Black Knight, blown away by the Hydra, sniping the Hellkite Drake for the Clutch Sword, mashed by Havel... good times, good times.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Getting 1000/1000 on FF13 Lightning Returns. Defeating all the last ones took some time and I hardy ever get all achievements on games.

Also getting a complete Pokedex in X. It was easier than it should have been as I am not fussed about keeping Legendaries but with so many Pokemon it is an achievement nevertheless

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Seems like it may have been more financially responsible have you just bought a memory card instead of going through three PlayStations 2's haha :P

I luckily learned about the importance of a memory card soon into owning the second PS2 and bought a nice pre-owned one. It had some...questionable saves on it, but it did the job well. What killed my second PS2 was me touching the optical drive (if that's not the thing that reads discs, then I busted the thing that read discs by touching it bare handed a lot).

I actually gave away my 3rd one after getting a PS3, so I didn't really burn through it. Now I'm kind of paranoid when it comes to games and maintaining them. n_n~

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    My fondest memories are playing Myst with my dad. We would draw and make sketches of puzzles and try to solve them together. We played a lot of games "together", but most of the time I was either watching him play games too hard for me (Half-Life, Doom 3, Tomb Raider) or him watching me and translating dialogue when I played Pok?mon and Spyro. Myst is special because it felt like we were both playing, and exploring this beautiful, peaceful world together.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    So many memories...
    I remember the Christmas I got my N64 with Super Mario 64. I was 5 or 6 years old and had no prior experience with videogames. At that point, it was the best day of my life. I still use the exact same console whenever I feel like playing the N64.

Yukari

My single fondest memory was when I first Beat Megaman X. It was the first game I had ever completed.

Man, I wish I still got that excited about beating games.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    i'd say my fondest gaming memories would be getting an invite into the guiter hero/rock band elite 8 best players in the world, and being part of the longest game in SOCOM history on Easter 2010 which was a game that lasted for 6 hours and 40 minutes

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Most recently I convinced a friend to buy Hatoful Boyfriend while it was on sale and we spent the evening playing that in her apartment, and I really enjoyed myself because they don't play games much and were utterly weirded out by the concept of a dating sim and the fact you're dating pigeons in this one.

Older memories, I fondly remember playing Mario Party on the GameCube with my brothers whenever they babysat me. I haven't played it in a really long time, but I still think it's one of the best party games. We played a lot of Mario Kart too, but I definitely enjoyed Party more.

In high school, sometimes my friends would come over after school and we'd play Just Dance on the Kinect, those were also hilarious times. And on the topic of Just Dance, I also distinctly remember recording a great video of my mom busting moves on it once, and she was furious when she noticed me recording, yelling profanities at me - I really want to find that video. :P

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Playing through the Water Temple in Twilight Princess while snowed in. :) I'm one of those weird people who likes the water temples, aside from the annoying Iron Boots in OoT 64.

And seconding Ornstein & Smough. Even more satisfying if you kill Smough first instead of Ornstein. That was the moment when I got gud and learned to roll.

Last edited:

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Just watching my brothers play Tales of Symphonia for hours every day one vacation. I have no idea why I loved doing that ^-^; it was basically like watching a very long anime.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Fondest memories involve playing Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.Especially Chrono Trigger, traveling to 600 AD and listening to the overworld music "yearnings of wind" oh my, nothing has ever remotely come close to that experience.

Link for those interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqZaFDA7PXY

Back