• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your fondest videogame memories?

string555

Banned
Years
  • aside from the annoying Iron Boots in OoT 64.

Oh no, I'm having flashbacks! (@_@)

But on that note, my fondest memories were associated with OoT 64. I think I'll just stick to describing those, otherwise I'll end up posting a massive wall of text. :P

So for starters, it was actually my Mom that got the game for herself, because she was a huge fan of the Zelda games for the NES. One day, before I had ever played the game, I watched her breaking all the pots in that one room near the entrance to Hyrule Castle town. She was doing it by picking them up and throwing them, for some reason she thought you couldn't break them with the sword. So I asked if I could try. Even though I never played that game, I immediately began mashing the B button and breaking all the pots. My Mom was shocked, because again, she didn't know you could do it that way.

Not long after that, I made my own save file and began playing it. The no1 reason this game remains my favorite of all time is that it actually played a huge role in teaching me how to read. I was in 1st grade, and I was really struggling with that. In order to know what the characters in the game were saying, I had to have one of my parents read it out loud. But, they couldn't be around 24/7 to help me play a game. But, I had noticed that the characters usually said the same thing every time they talked. Remembering what my parents had read out loud, I was finally able to put 2 and 2 together. Years later in 6th grade, I was reading at a college level, and I can safely thank video games for that. :P

And lastly, to avoid turning this post into a book, is Ganon's Castle. Going through the whole thing, every time you walk up one of those flights of winding stairs, you hear this creepy organ music getting louder and louder. Eventually, you get to the top, open the final door, and inside is Ganondorf playing an organ, as most bad guys seem to do. Just that whole setup with the music and everything was so well done, it was awesome. :D

TY

- holding off 5 warmongering friends in Civ V. To this day I have never know what I did wrong :(
    - Playing C&C with my dad altho I'm always called a cheater

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • - Obsessively playing the Burnout games, starting with the first game in the series. Burnout 3 was the one I enjoyed the most however - I had the most fun with the takedown mechanic.

- me and my sister spending too much time on New Super Mario Bros Wii over Christmas and nearly 100% the game.

- Playing co-op mode in SSBB when I came over to my friend's house. I never played the game before.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • One that still sticks to me this day was when I beat the second Riku battle in Kingdom Hearts 1 with 1 HP. What really defined that moment was how I somehow blocked and parried just enough to refill my MP enough to use Ars Arcanum to win the fight.

For slightly more recent achievements, I'd say beating Contra for the first time without the Konami code or Continues was pretty amazing. Then, there was when I finally beat Beato's Big Break for Shovel Knight's Challenge Mode. I still have a couple more challenges to beat but that one was really hard.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I have a good amount of fond video game memories that I can think of. One that I can remember real quick was when I completed Jade Empire, and I will always remember the day that I completed because it was my first time ever completing a game and I had been playing games since the PS1 era, but it took me so many years to beat my first game which ended up being Jade Empire.

One other memory that I will always remember was a day that I went over to a friend's house to hangout with her and she was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and she had started the Dead Center campaign. She was playing online with some random people. I forgot how this started or why I even did this, but I remember just going "I believe I can fly", and she said "I believe I can burn alive.". Immediately after saying that, someone opened a certain door that had fire in it right in front of her and nearly killed her. We just both busted out laughing because the timing was too perfect.

One last one that I can remember and this happened just months ago, I was playing Destiny with a few of my friends, and they decided to play like this Hide and Seek game with me. I had to turn off everything on my hud, they went to go hide, and I had to try and find them. As soon as I started to search for them, I was constantly running passed them without even noticing it, they're on Discord laughing like hyenas and I'm just like screaming at the top of my lungs trying to find them. One of them I kept running passed and he was jut staring at me the whole time right in front of me, and I couldn't see him that well and I honestly felt really derpy for it.

Years
  • When I was five, I saw a commercial for the Sega Genesis, and I think after months of begging, I got Sonic 1 and the Sega. It was fun. I would have my dad help me with certain part of Green Hill Zone just to make it to Marble Zone. I forget. Lol. When Sonic 2 came out, I would play as Tails and Dad would play as Sonic so I would just hide in a corner as Tails and Dad did the tough parts. But hey, I was five. I got better when I was like six or seven, then I played on my own as Sonic. I got good, especially with the Sonic Mega Collection for GameCube when I was in high school, I almost cried at one point of pure joy playing Sonic 2 again.

And as for Pokemon....looking up how to beat Sapphire on a game site and just blowing through it haha :P I think I was 19 or something, I forgot. Lol. Also cloaning a Pelliper on a dare in Emerald. Oh how I regret that.

Then when Diamond and Pearl came out, well, I got Pearl, and I sucked at it. My brother got Diamond. He was so much better. My three friends in college at the time also got Diamond and Pearl. College was the top of my Pokemon Hype. Then really declined really fast by Black and White. Though I have a soft spot for Tepig.

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
    Years
  • My fondest memory was playing games on my DS at the middle of the night. I was like, 6 at the time, and everytime I would go to my room, I would hide the DS under my pillow beforehand and take it out once I was alone. Honestly, I liked the silence and darkness while playing on my DS, it made it easier for me to concentrate on the game. I remember the days of when I would stay up all night leveling my Forging skill in Rune Factory 3, and the days grinding so that my Pokemon White team could get insanely strong. I wish I could go back to those days T^T

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Playing the SNES in the mid 00s and getting a new game for $20 or so once per month when stuff weren't $80+. I traded in Yoshi's Island for Shadow the hedgehog money though.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Mario Galaxy, Super paper mario, and mario party 8, pokemon soulsilver, and Mario kart wii all come to mind. All games that I've lost :/ I guess we all want what we don't have.

Back