• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your thoughts on Pikachu?

Years
Pikachu is very well-known as being the series mascot, and is prevalent throughout the franchise. What do you think of it? Do you prefer Pichu or Raichu over Pikachu, or is Pikachu your favorite of the three? Would you prefer a different mascot?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
What do you think of it? Do you prefer Pichu or Raichu over Pikachu? Would you prefer a different mascot?

1.I find pikarat ( :P ) to be annoying, when i am forced to use it i act like Paul and pretend it is useless everytime it fails me, i prefer them as Pichu and Raichu thought
2.Yeah, one of the Eeveelutions (better not Espeon)

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I find the Pika line pretty cute, specially for Raichu. Regarding Pikachu tho, I don't dislike it, but as the franchise's mascot it gets kinda old seeing it everywhere, but that's all. If I could choose a new mascot, I would go for Meowth to be fair

Last edited:
Years
i like pikachu and pichu, theyre both cute (although i definitely agree it can get kinda old)... raichu's regular design i don't really care for, but i LOVE alolan raichu. at least they seem to be changing it up a bit and trying to push eevee as some kind of "secondary" mascot or something!

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Pikachu is so cute and I also like Raichu. I remember in school I would be upset about something and whenever when I would play Pokemon Yellow, Pikachu would cheer me up just by talking to him and Pikachu helping me win battles.

Years
I honestly don't really mind the entire line. Sure, Pikachu is "overrated", but it's the mascot of the series, so it sort of makes sense for it to be shoved everywhere? idk that's just me.

Raichu is mad underrated though, which is why I'm super glad Game Freak gave it an Alola form. It's about time Raichu got something so it wouldn't be stuck in the shadow of it's pre-evo. :c

Years
I like the line quite a bit, but vastly prefer Raichu over Pikachu. It doesn't bother me that Pikachu is the mascot, but Raichu is meant to be an improvement over its preevolution, and the very existence of the Light Ball annoyed me quite a bit (which is why I am happy when a hack or fan game allows Pichu and Raichu to benefit from the Light Ball as well).

Years
Raichu is favourite pokemon so prefer it to pikachu but I usually use a pikachu til I get thunder the as soon as I can get my hands on a thunder stone evolve it

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
Pikachu has a simple, sweet and memorable design so I do like it, though I still prefer Raichu. Pika gets so much attention that at times it can feel kind of boring to see it everywhere, but I don't mind that it's the game mascot. It's doing its mascot thing well since so many people seem to recognize it.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Pikachu's just like every other middle-stage evolution Pokémon to me: I don't care enough to give it much attention, the evolution is probably better. Even if it's the mascot that thought still applies. (Particularly if I'm playing in Alola since ALOLAN RAICHU IS THE MOST CUTEST THING EVER)

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Pikachu is, honestly, my all time favorite pokemon. I actually like him as the mascot for the franchise a lot, and find him quite interesting. He's super cute (i ADORE cuteness <3), he's a cheery yellow, has a upbeat personality, and is a great battler in the anime (as well as a really great friend to the main character! cuz friendship is magic :P).

In a way, he even reminds me of Korrina, in the form of a pokemon, kind of!

It annoys me he can be hard to use in the games (not the overall best speed and also worst defences pretty much for a non baby). At the same time, though, i think i would like him less if they made him too cheep. The light ball does make him semi usable, especially with good team stratagy, which i enjoy (i mean, thinking of a stratagy that would make him hard to beat could be fun sometime! i just enjoy pokemon battle stratagies in general haha).

But him not being cheep in the games also gives him a specialness in the anime to me. Ash's Pikachu is like the unexpected powerful pokemon of the show, making the anime pretty easy going in terms of battle overall. xD Maybe too easy going, in a way, but at the same time, thats helpful to me. Less of a need to fully stereo type/catagorize in terms of anime battling as an option along side game stuff. It works differently, so its quite interesting! I like doing a cross between anime and game style battling with korrina in my daydreams with her lol xD

I like that people can easily reconize Pika, too! And i love that he has those adorable red cheek pounches. And he's a major reason why I like yellow a lot as well as the color pink too.

Overall, I think Pikachu is awesome. I suppose i understand those who say he's 'over rated'; he's EVERYWHERE pretty much and theres like over 800+ other pokemon now so yeah. At the same time, though, it does kill me inside a little when people put him down or generally dislike him (especially if they like really dislike him....lol). I think Pikachu is really adorable, anyways, and cute things mean a lot to me. Though I could become friends with pikachu haters i guess if they aren't too annoying about it (and liking other cute pokemon a lot probably helps them annoy me less too).

I hope my post was an interesting read! :3

Sirfetch’d

Pikachu is my 3rd favorite Pokemon so I absolutely love it! I'm not sure if I'd really like anything else to be the mascot at this point. Even if Pikachu was never the mascot of the franchise it just has something about it that would make me want it to be.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 27, 2019
Pikachu sort of struggles with killing. He does have a 50-50 up throw thunder(the real 50-50 is reading the DI tbh) unlike certain other characters that have good throw combo games(*cough Mario and Sheik).

it's not necessarily the best approaching too in the whole game(Mario bair and Sheik fair might be better slightly), but it is one of, if not, the best recovery in the game. It has so much range, it can cover so many directions, and quite a lot of mixups where Pikachu is going next. Master this and you can recover from almost anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

CADNYTA

Banned
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 25, 2019
Pikachu is so cute and I also like Raichu. I remember in school I would be upset about something and whenever when I would play Pokemon Yellow, Pikachu would cheer me up just by talking to him and Pikachu helping me win battles.

Years
Pikachu is... okay, I guess? It's not one of my favorites, and probably wouldn't even make my top 100, but it's probably not that far outside of it. Then again, Eevee used to be one of my favorites until it basically became the secondary mascot of the franchise, so maybe if Pikachu took a backseat at some point, it would work its way higher up my list of favorites.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Pikachu is one of my favorite Pokemon, and probably is the one with the most sentimental value to me, since I loved Pikachu when I was a kid.

Raichu has it's cool moments, and I do love Alolan Raichu!

Out of the three, Pichu gets the least of my attention, sadly. :( Still a cutie, though.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Long answer:
Spoiler:

Short answer:
I love Pikachu, I am fine with it being the mascot, it's awesome.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
I've never liked Pikachu that much in all honesty. I certainly don't hate it, but I think it's been so overexposed since the franchise first began that I've grown tired of seeing it everywhere.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Oct 11, 2019
Love Pikachu! I had the Pokemon Yellow, feed Pikachu candy and surrounded by hearts.

Back