• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What aspect of Pokémon did you get into first?

Years
  • I started watching the anime at around 4-5 years old. That was back in the Advanced Generation Days and I have so many fond memories of watching the show at my grandmother's house. I actually didn't realize that pokemon games existed until I received Pokemon Pearl on my eighth birthday.

What aspect of Pokémon did you get into first?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I actually got into Pokémon through the anime! My first episode was the one in which Ash and gang ended up going to some prestigious, Harvard sort of-ish academy! The nostalgia is so real!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm not exactly sure which came first; I watched some of the anime, and saw other kids in the playground with the games and TCG cards. A mixture? The games got my attention the most however.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • TCG! My babysitter's next door neighbor gave me some cards and I picked up the show soon after. My next door neighbors (on both sides) also played the games so I picked up PMD Blue Rescue Team in my early age too. But it all started with a Holographic Delta Species Salamence card that I still have to this day.

Years
  • Anime for me! Well the movies technically. I had copies of the entire collection (up to Arceus). I started with Jirachi: Wish Maker, up to everything else and then I got Diamond and then everything steamrolled from there.

I'm not exactly still heavily into (actually work is full of Pkmn nerds so I might be) but I still love these.

Years
  • Anime. First episode I've seen was the one with Marowak trainer getting his badges stolen by Team Rocket. TCG was next alongside various non-TCG collectible Pokémon cards and then finally games when I got Game Boy Micro with Sapphire (even through I've played Yellow few months earlier).

Back