• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you actually do?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
  • Short and sweet: My mother owns a soap business and i help make, wrap, advertise and handle orders for it :D. And I'm also a cashier when we send a representative to a show with us.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I flip houses. Buy houses, renovate, then sell for higher price. It was my dad's business, but I took it over once he became 58.

I have experience in customer service, being a Mechanic though(which i hated) can't believe i went to school for that. No offense but people that's really into cars are some of the biggest douches I've ever met in my life. Glad I left that place.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Im in high school going into 11th grade, so Ill be graduating in like 2 years. Then I want to go to college. Idk what I want to start a career in, but I think ill end up as some type of teacher. I think being a college professor in history would be pretty cool.

Im just got a job for a catering company. I wait for parties and weddings and stuff. My goal is to save as much money as possible, but set aside some spending for manga and for dating hopefully (if i can ever get a girlfriend, another goal).

I also run a pottery club where we sell ceramic bowls for charity and I am making a political club this year for discussions and debates and stuff.

I want to get into drawing, but I guess if I really wanted to, I would have been doing it this summer. Maybe I will idk.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Not currently in school but I'd like to get a CompTIA A+, I work on repairing electronics and selling them on ebay. Lately though I'm looking into becoming a Police officer.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I work admin for KLM's maintenance branch in the UK

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Software engineer/lead developer during the day, hobbyist game developer at night ^^ (OK, the latter doesn't count as a job) .

Years
  • I flip houses.

This has always been interesting to me. I have so many questions. Do you find that income varies in this business or do you have a pretty good idea of what you'll make in a year? How many houses do you have in the works at once? If you could give one piece of advise about house buying for the general public, what would it be?

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    This has always been interesting to me. I have so many questions. Do you find that income varies in this business or do you have a pretty good idea of what you'll make in a year? How many houses do you have in the works at once? If you could give one piece of advise about house buying for the general public, what would it be?

Income varies by a lot of things. Current economy, living area, and what time of year the house is up for sale. Plus more, but those are 3 important factors.

Usually have 2 - 3 houses. One house could be completed and not be sold, so we focus more on the other two houses while letting the real estate agent worry about selling the one that's complete. Sometimes less.

Always try to make double on what you spend on the house. Sometimes you'll barely make 150 grand after everything ;-;

Years
  • Currently an IT student with graduation looming around the corner. Thankfully this program allowed us to gain work experience and experiment with different fields of IT in hopes of discovering our passion.

I've previously worked as a web developer at one of the provincial government offices and then decided to pursue business-focused jobs for the remaining work terms. The last 2 terms was spent working as a business systems analyst at one of the leading Canadian banks. I went in with the mindset that I would be restricted to the same position for the rest of my life, but in actuality, the company encourages their employees to explore and move around.

So I job shadowed a front-end developer during my last term in hopes of getting a better idea of what development skills to improve and what could be introduced into my existing capabilities.

It's great knowing that should I ever get bored of business analysis, I could branch out into other IT fields to keep my life interesting. For the moment though, I would be happy with securing a business analyst position after graduation.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Ah... screw it.

I'm a student at a stupidly rigorous at a medical high school (yeah, who would've known an expert GFX artist is a high school student). I'm not there for my own gain, it's something my parents decided (one's an RN, the other is going to school for nursing). I don't have a part time job of any sort, so I'm just sort of working hard to get good enough at art to make some money off of commissions. The only thing I've found from the school is being able to study anatomy without spending a penny on books myself, scrubs and a labcoat, and frequent visits to the hospitals in the nearby medical district. Frankly, the rigor of the school is not worth my stress.

/will edit later

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Right now I'm just working part part time at a welding shop, just enough to have gas and weekend money. My main focus right now, however, is taking a few online classes for Web Development which I'm going to dive fully into next semester if all goes as planned.

Back