• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you actually do?

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I am currently only 14 and will be turning 15 next month so there isn't jobs in my area for kids my age so most jobs I have are through babysitting for neighbors or watching the neighbors pets. I am going into the 10th grade next school year and to be honest I don't know what I want to do yet when I get to the college age.

Years
    I'm starting a new job on Wednesday manning reception at a sports and leisure facility. It works out quite well for me as my main goal is to become a fitness instructor turned eventual personal trainer, also primarily instructing group exercise.

I have most of the qualifications already but I'm also due to be starting intensive training with Les Mills at the end of this month. As well as working part time I'll also be team teaching with instructors in order to become certified into teaching the programme on my own. It won't be easy but I'm determined to get it done and really jet forward my career.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I am a full time student during the school year and this year I will be a Senior. During this Summer I am a Lifeguard at a pool.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    What do I do? I do a few chores around the house like keeping my bedroom straight, unracking the dishwasher, cleaning my bathroom. Other than that I am enjoying my Summer vacation from school.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I'm about to enter the last year of my Master's degree in Physical Engineering. It's a field of study that focuses on using applied physics to broaden and increase solutions in engineering, through areas such as optics, nanotechnology, quantum physics, solid state physics, and such. I'm hoping to specialize in optics, but further than that, I'm not sure. Not sure if I then move to something related to industry and those engineering companies, or if I move into scientific investigation (perferably in lasers or nonlinear optics).

On my free time, well I game a bit (understatement of the century!) and am also learning some guitar skills. Might not do anything with that in the future, but it's something that I like as well. Can't hurt to have an extra skill.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I work at a drug testing lab and I'm currently going to school for biology. Still unsure if I'm just going for biology or if I'm going to incorporate botany at some point.

I'm interested in holistic approaches. I use crystals for chakra healing, read tarot cards, and I'm currently growing my own herbs so I can start making herbal tea blends. I have this goal of reading tarot cards on the side, but I don't practice enough to do it yet...it's a work in progress. My most recent activity has been starting a book of shadows. Sounds sinister, but really it's just a collection of notes, poetry, spells, dreams, recipes, etc. I know a lot of people like to laugh at the idea of using stones and cards, but for me it's been a great way to explore my spirituality and it has brought me a lot of inner peace/confidence in myself.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I drive a school bus for the city of Flint, MI. I also attend college trying to get my 2 year gen-ed degree, which should take me just over a year to get. My ultimate goal is to either do something with computers, like IT tech or programming, or go into automotive design since I can draw really well.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I use my computer and sometimes have to go to school (yawn). I also eat food.
    So, not much really :p

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Mostly just waiting for next month when I hopefully get somewhere. After years of rejection from what feels like every company on earth, maybe with the help of the country (which is not neccessarily a glorious situation to be in), I might get an apprenticeship involving programming, which I might or might not plow through without problems. Hopefully, I get to a company that rejected my application recently, so I can make full use of my cynicism. >:)

In the meantime, I spend my time learning about different metagames and play Monster Hunter, so I can sharpen my mind a little bit more. Who knows, maybe start planning on my programming project that I had in mind a couple years ago, but never got anywhere due to motivation issues.

Also still trying to figure out how to deal with my social issues.

Long story short: I'm unemployed

Years
    Currently working towards a bachelor's degree in pre-pharmacy, although I'm thinking of switching back to my original programming major. I'm also in the early stages of planning on moving to Washington, along with learning Java, C#, and Japanese in my free time.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    Currently I just work full time as a processing technician in the plasma industry (people donate plasma - we make plasma into medicine). It's a very basic job but I am very good at what I do and enjoy the general nature of the job (management is a different story, lol). I'm hoping to eventually move up to Quality Assurance and see where I can go from there.

If that doesn't work out, I'm hoping that one day I'll have enough money to go back to school and work on getting a degree in computer science. Well, either way I want to have a degree in something, someday.

When I'm not working, though I like to mess around on Photoshop and see what kinds of graphics and gifs I can make. I've improved a lot over the last year and a half of using it. Idk if I'll ever utilize it at a job without a degree but at the very least it's a fun hobby. I also like writing but I have a lot of room for improvement.

Zodkiel

The True Despair
    Years
    Honestly, there's not much I can do well. I have been studying things like different programming languages, Python, Java, C++, Ruby. But I'm not very good at memorising and understanding them. I can sort of make 3D models, for like video games and stuff, but usually they aren't quite acceptable by most peoples standards. I have also done work with spriting, and usually they are also garbage. I've tried my hand at digital art quite a few times, never very good, even though I used to be a rather good artist when I was younger. I can't draw well anymore either. I've tried making music with FL Studio 11, but the stuff I come up with just sounds like junk. Basically, I'm not good at anything, and I am not studying anything in school because I have dropped out due to having such severe social anxiety and depression that I couldn't stand to be in a social environment and now I hardly leave my house. Literally, I can't do anything that I want to in life because I am talentless and a anxious wreck. But I keep a positive outlook on life, by thinking of how despair filled my future will be.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    well i just finished high school and, in less than a month, i should be starting my first year of studies in the field of computer engineering.

Years
    Well most PC users are older then me but im just really a normal 15 year old British schoolgirl who deals with a bunch of snakes at my school and just trying to get good grades.
    What do I want to do with my future? I always wanted to perhaps have a business in fashion and have my own clothing line. I always wanted to work in fashion but I dont believe I have the right skills and mindset for it as fashion is a popular industry full of competition.
    More realistically I am thinking of heading into fashion retail? Perhaps learning skills their and then starting a business?
    I see loads of other girls in my class knowing exactly what they want to do in their future.
    Another option I was thinking is a secondary school teacher and tbh I heard things about the job such as workload,payment issues and teachers openly complain about their job which is really off-putting to me.
    I am currently applying for a part-time job at the Perfume shop in my city centre as they are taking on teenagers and I recently had my work experience in a charity shop which my school picked although I did learn useful skills such as working at the till and I improved my social skills.

But hobbies wise? I really love youtubers and watching their content. Video games are my favourites Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon, Left 4 dead, Mario games, tomb raider to name a few.
    I found myself enjoying playing netball quite recently and I want to perhaps join my school netball club but im not sure about it yet.

Years
    There is such a diverse range of people in this community. It's really cool to see!

As for me, I work in a business position at a mathematics and biology research institute. To keep fit I play soccer in a league in my city. In my spare time I love making music, gaming, working on and driving cars, listening to audiobooks, and spending time with friends. I'm also currently pursuing further education in computer programming with the goal to work on app development or data system design in the not-too-distant future.

Years
    There is such a diverse range of people in this community. It's really cool to see!

As for me, I work in a business position at a mathematics and biology research institute. To keep fit I play soccer in a league in my city. In my spare time I love making music, gaming, working on and driving cars, listening to audiobooks, and spending time with friends. I'm also currently pursuing further education in computer programming with the goal to work on app development or data system design in the not-too-distant future.

Is there anything you don't do? Wow.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Echoing gimmepie. Hello multitalent man o:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I've been working at a veterinary office as a volunteer this summer and it has been amazing. I have been able to do a lot more than I thought I would, there are only a few things I haven't been able to do--give vaccines, IVs, surgeries, X-rays, I think, probably a few more. However, they've been telling me how to give vaccines so that might be coming soon :x I want to do this when I'm older, so it's so cool! Even if all I do is basically restrain animals while they're being injected, it's pretty rewarding :)

Years
    Well, just finished school, this year. Unfortunately, i didn't go well on the final exams and i failed to go to a university which was very very disappointing...
    But it's ok now, i will try again next year the exams and i hope it will be better.
    Also, my dream is to go to the army
    Btw, in November I will work 3 days a week on a he station.

Back