• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you dislike that most people don't?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Bananas. They're incredibly popular, but I can't stand the taste, texture, or smell of the things.

Also, I second the "reality TV shows" comment.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Onions, ew. I also have to agree with minions, sports, alcohol, and parties. I don't see the allure.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Pewdiepie.
    I admire him working his way up and stuff, but his videos are so repetitive. I don't wanna go any deeper on this because I know I'll get backlash.

YouTube vloggers in general. Far too many of them love to cram their vivacious personalities and piercing voice down your throat, which comes across as really fake and annoying.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    What made you dislike parties, out of curiosity? D:

Those with more dominant personalities carry the group discussion. I'm not one to interject nor cut off someone speaking, and by the time I want to comment on the topic, everyone else has often moved on to a slightly new topic... I take time to form my thoughts and take even more time to speak up. I'm not spontaneous at all. By the end of the night I've said little, but I'm also mentally exhausted. All I did was just listen, take in everything, form a response in my head, miss my opportunity, observe others talk and drink, feel pressured to socialize and act like I am enjoying myself yet I am deep down becoming uncomfortable and upset, and repeat. Many people feel energized after socializing with a group of friends yet I feel drained and unhappy. Needless to say, my classmates didn't invite me to parties anymore, but maybe it is better this way. My co-workers try really hard to make me feel welcomed or comfortable during their events, but I feel out of place as I'm years younger than everyone.

Years
    Nutella
    Milk Chocolate
    Onions (Texture + Taste = ugggghh)
    Childish Cartoons (Spongebob/Nickelodeon)
    Soft Drink (Hate the taste and the burning throat feeling)
    Bad Grammar
    Some People... Actually All People

I think that's all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Definitely country music, which probably doesn't mean much here on PC, but I live in Alabama, so it's weird to not like country music here. But I just can't stand it. It all sounds the same. Country guy sings generic quirky comment to some girl, usually about the jeans she's wearing then chorus about how she makes country guy feel, more quirky comments about her that are supposed to be sweet...I guess...you see where I'm going.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    1, J-Pop and K-Pop. I'm sorry, but I find it really artificial and generic mass-marketed stuff.

2, PewDiePie. I find him extremely annoying and his voice really gets on my nerves.

3. Family Guy. The cutaway gags, tasteless jokes, and political bias on this show make it hard for me to watch. Granted, I don't hate it as much now, but I still think it's a really stupid show.

4. Lorde. Her voice is really annoying and her songs are so overplayed. And no, I don't hate her just because she's popular.

5. Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening. I don't find her attractive or sexy, I find her to be a creep and a very despicable person.

6. Steven Universe. I don't like the animation style and I find it kinda boring. People treat me like I'm the devil because I don't like it. I don't hate it because it's popular.

7. Ariana Grande. She's not even talented and she's a total ***** towards her fans.

xVaporeonx

Catwoman
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    Drink alcohol. Most people around my age do it, and they brag about it like it is normal to get drunk and stupid.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I actually hate it when people say 'Fall' instead of 'Autumn'. Must be that weird poetic side to me.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Pizza. I just don't like the taste of it overall, and I always see posts/tweets or whatever about how a movie marathon while eating pizza "is literally the perfect way to spend my night *heart eyes emoji*" and it just feels gross to me. I think it's because I almost vomited eating one once.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
    Sports, specifically watching them: I just don't understand the appeal. Playing them... I get. Watching them if someone you know is playing... I get. Outside of that, though, I just don't get it. They've always been extremely boring to me to watch, and to the best of my ability I still don't get not only how people pick favorite teams/players... but get SO passionate about them. Originally I thought "Oh, they favor the team for their state"... but that just seems silly, and it doesn't explain why people like my dad (who's OBSESSED with football and the Cleveland Browns) chose that he likes the Browns and hates the Bangles... when he doesn't live in Cleveland or Cincinnati. I dunno, sports in general just completely escape me.

Chocolate: This isn't even something I don't understand, I just don't like chocolate. There are SOME chocolates I think are really good, but even then I have to be in a very specific mood, usually don't eat much of it, and most of the chocolate I like... is apparently considered bad, while more popular brands... I find disgusting. Go figure.

Lord of the Rings 2 & 3: In all fairness... I really liked Fellowship of the Ring, and I am a HUGE fan of the Hobbit. I love fantasy, especially medieval fantasy. Two Towers and Return of the King, though... I just do not even slightly get why people love them so much. Be they books or films, they're just... completely dull, overly padded, and completely devoid of most things that made the Hobbit and Fellowship so great and memorable. I guess it's because the Hobbit and Fellowship were actually about the Hobbits and adventuring, while Towers and Return push that out of the way as a side plot to focus on Aragorn and medieval politics. It's always just some army fighting another army, someone's king then someone else is king, etc. They both feel completely lacking in adventure and charm, and I honestly don't think I could stand sitting through either of them ever again.

Parties: I'm in agreement, but possibly for different reasonings. While I also don't mind social interaction, I just don't understand how typical parties (especially 'college' style parties) are meant to be fun. People stand around... trying to scream over bad music that's way too loud, which in turn makes everyone's talking louder... all to basically do the exact same thing you could do with just a small group of friends minus all the irritation the 'party' element provides. Maybe there's just a whole side of it I'm completely missing, but for the most part parties just baffle me.

Country & Rap/Hip-Hop: These are both genres that almost everyone I know loves, and I just... I don't get it. I find both genres to be absolutely terrible 90% of the time, and while I truly am for people liking what they like... I'm shocked more people don't dislike this kind of music. I don't expect everyone to hate it, but when almost everyone around me loves... it becomes confusing.

Twitter & Tumblr: This isn't so much of a 'dislike' thing as a... "I don't get the appeal" thing. I'm fine with them, they don't really put me off or anything... I just don't get anything out of it. I've been signed up for both in the past, and I never feel compelled to keep up with it or inspired to really do anything on them.

MMO's: This might sound hypocritical because I actually played RuneScape for years and still do occasionally, but I only play(ed) RS because it's a fun little passive hobby. I never got 'super' into it and played it hardcore. I never dungeon raided end game dungeons, power leveled to max out my character, etc... I just play(ed) it because it's something easy and casual to do while you're doing something else. Virtually any other MMO... I just don't get it. What's fun about them? They're constant management, constant grinding, and the actual gameplay has always seemed incredibly empty and lifeless to me. There's just nothing appealing to me about stacking numbers and grinding to higher and higher levels just to go on repetitive dungeon raids to get the best armor, only for an expansion to come out and require you to do more of exactly the same thing. Maybe if I found the actual core gameplay fun... but I don't. It feels like constant work and management to achieve... more work and management.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    100greenmen.

Why?

He got kidnapped in the PC mansion thread.

Learn to take care of yurself, brah!

Back