• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you have for a phone?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • I have a cheap cell phone from LG, the sort where you have to keep renewing your service. I'd like to get a new one soon, because I've had it for years and it's sort of stopped working (I.E. texts don't always go through, I can no longer send pictures and the touch screen frequently presses buttons with no outside input).

I'm not a big tech person.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • Got a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro (long af name), decent phone for a budget phone, was only $100. But after a bit you see wear and tear with things, like how fast it is, headphone jack, and even the bluetooth.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • An iPhone 6s. Once my tax reform comes though I'm considering upgrading to an iPhone XS cause my current phone is starting to breakdown on me. :/ Apple Pay just randomly stopped working and no matter where I use it , the card readers wont accept it. i've had it for over a year anyways so time to upgrade.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    iPhone XS Max. Hong Kong version so it's dual SIM. Love it.

Does it actually take two physical SIM cards or does it only take one and the other as eSIM? The ones I sell have a single SIM slot plus an embedded eSIM.

Years
  • Does it actually take two physical SIM cards or does it only take one and the other as eSIM? The ones I sell have a single SIM slot plus an embedded eSIM.

Two physical SIM cards. Completely unlocked as well. Apple begrudgingly did this for the Chinese and Hong Kong market because it's a huge market and true dual SIM capability is something that is very popular with a lot of people here. (I could have bought it in China but it's cheaper in HK because there's less import tax on things like phones there and I just generally trust Hong Kong more to uphold warranty agreements etc.).

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I have a crappy ancient Samsung model that is not smart and can't even connect to the internet to update the clock anymore. I am long overdue a smartphone but I can't justify the expense right now...and I would have absolutely no idea what I would go for even if I could.

FlameChrome

Years
  • I have a crappy ancient Samsung model that is not smart and can't even connect to the internet to update the clock anymore. I am long overdue a smartphone but I can't justify the expense right now...and I would have absolutely no idea what I would go for even if I could.

i assume that $100 is way too expensive for you then, is it? because plenty of smartphones under $100 or exactly that, and pretty much an upgrade i can assume from your details from current phone

pkmin3033

i assume that $100 is way too expensive for you then, is it? because plenty of smartphones under $100 or exactly that, and pretty much an upgrade i can assume from your details from current phone
    Honestly, when I only use my phone to occasionally call family members and am on a limited income, yes it is.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I still have my iPhone 6 which I got brand new four years ago. I don't know how I feel about 'upgrading' since I hear new iPhones don't even have headphone jacks. That's a dealbreaker for me.

FlameChrome

Years
  • I still have my iPhone 6 which I got brand new four years ago. I don't know how I feel about 'upgrading' since I hear new iPhones don't even have headphone jacks. That's a dealbreaker for me.

thats the same with a lot of newer phones, even noniphones

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    iPhone 8 Plus. Its size is nice but it is a small bit too heavy. Should have gotten the 7 Plus instead - no glass back.

I also have two iPhone 5s and one iPhone SE that still work well.

Years
  • I still have my one plus 6 uvu

Its beautiful save for some problems that I can mostly likely fix by clearing up stuff.

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • I have an iPhone 4s with an over clocked A5 processor, 64 gb of space, and I tried to fit in a larger battery but instead I just went with a power bank as changing the battery to a higher performance model would be a hassle. Who thinks I could fit a QuallCom snapdragon 835 in this thing?

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Got the iPhone SE, it was cheap and I like the shape + headphone jack option. The dongle and lightning headphones are just so much unnecessary cost for little benefit IMO.

I get roasted for it occasionally, but then we get in a car with a traditional aux cord and I'm suddenly a godsend for having a normal headphone jack. It's funny honestly. It's honestly a really solid phone and I'm probably going to stick with it considering I get another for free if it breaks.

Back