• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game are you playing right now and who's on your team?

UnvoicedUnveiled

Unvoiced Unveiled
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    I always love going back and playing older games on my 3DS!

Right now I'm playing through Ultra Moon again, and I have Piper the Brionne, Spice the Cutiefly, Aster the Noibat, and Ruby the Mareep! I'm also planning on getting a Bounsweet and Salandit. In the end, I want to complete the Pokedex!

So what games are you guys playing right now? Who's on your team? Any certain goals you're working to? I'd love to hear it!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    playing a few things...shiny hunting in two copies of heartgold and one soulsilver. playing through shield, but my team isn't solidified. just kind of seeing what i enjoy using, but for now, i have drizzile, sizzlipede, eevee, mudbray, and galarian slowpoke. and then shiny hunting in crystal too, but that's also just a normal playthrough and my team is feraligatr, jolteon, ledian, togetic, pupitar, and houndoom.

i have a couple of ongoing challenges, as well. a random challenge in white 2 and the ones that got away in platinum. uhhhh i haven't touched the games in a while tho so i forgot my teams, but i have them logged in the threads for the respective challenges in the challenge forum.

so yeah, i'm always doing like a million projects in pokemon at a time aha.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I'm finishing up a playthrough of Blue. In the last gym with a team of Charizard, Dragonair, Beedrill, Fearow, Rhydon and Vaporeon all around level 42.

I also picked up a copy of Ultra Moon yesterday. Wanted to replay a gen 7 game but didn't want to restart Moon because I have a complete Pokedex in that one. I have some plans that involve December in particular and so I combine a playthrough with setting some things up for that month.
    My party is Rowlet, Zorua, Slowpoke and Magnemite and I'm currently in the Trainer School. I forgot how slow the beginning of gen 7 was, though. Two hours in and I'm still trapped in tutorial hell! <_<

Years
    Doing multiple things atm.

Got a run going in AS with the main goal of getting a 4th Deoxys so I can have it in all forms =3
    Party is Mudkip as the starter + Chikorita, Tepig & Beldum from a previous run. Haven't got a 5th or 6th yet. Did bring over the Shedinja from my previous run too though, it's crazy busted for catching the Psychic type legendaries including Deoxys. They can't touch it =D

Got an in progress run in UM, but don't remember the team since I haven't continued it in a while.

Also attempting to shiny breed a team for the battle tower in Shield =3

UnvoicedUnveiled

Unvoiced Unveiled
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    I'm finishing up a playthrough of Blue. In the last gym with a team of Charizard, Dragonair, Beedrill, Fearow, Rhydon and Vaporeon all around level 42.

I also picked up a copy of Ultra Moon yesterday. Wanted to replay a gen 7 game but didn't want to restart Moon because I have a complete Pokedex in that one. I have some plans that involve December in particular and so I combine a playthrough with setting some things up for that month.
    My party is Rowlet, Zorua, Slowpoke and Magnemite and I'm currently in the Trainer School. I forgot how slow the beginning of gen 7 was, though. Two hours in and I'm still trapped in tutorial hell! <_<

Ugh, yeah! For such good games, I really don't like the tutorial. Basically the whole first island is a big tutorial. I end up just mashing B to get through all the dialogue.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Gold (Virtual Console): Going back and forth between hunting Shiny Nidoran-M and SRing Tyrogue

Team: Shiny Corsola, Shiny Dunsparce, Shiny Eevee, Shiny Sneasel, Shiny Misdreavus, Shiny Lickitung (the last few get boxed and replaced with Arcanine [Dig] and Lanturn [Flash/Waterfall] when I'm SRing for Tyrogue)

LeafGreen: Hunting for a Shiny Venonat/Venomoth

Team: Starmie (for Illuminate), Shiny Butterfree, Shiny Pidgeot, Shiny Bellossom, Shiny Altaria, and Magneton (for Paralysis). I've also got a Shiny Sandshrew in Ruby that I need to trade over and a Shiny Persian that I never traded back from Emerald after cloning. (Will eventually replace everything except Butterfree, Sandshrew/Sandslash, and Persian.)

Diamond: Trying to Radar a full-odds Shiny Tyrogue (non-Shiny patch) for my HG team

Team: Crobat, Volbeat, Raticate, Vaporeon

HeartGold: See Gold

Team: Shiny Luxio, Shiny Shedinja, Shiny Omanyte, Shiny Furret, Shiny Zangoose

Alpha Sapphire: Collecting flags and bonding with my recent Shiny Meowstic-M. Also trying to hatch a full-odds Shiny Skrelp here and there. Thinking about Shiny-hunting Larvesta if I get the right Mirage Spot again.

Team: Shiny Meowstic-M, Shiny Shedinja*, Shiny Omanyte*, Shiny Persian*, Shiny Zangoose*, Shiny Furret*

Sword: Trying to get a Sport Ball from the Cram-o-matic and rehunt Shiny Snom/Frosmoth OR catch a 1/65536 Shiny Snom/Frosmoth

Team: Shiny Wartortle, Shiny Leafeon*, Shiny Dunsparce*, Shiny Alolan Sandslash, Shiny Porygon2, Ninjask (False Swipe)

* = Clone

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I started a quick challenge run a couple of days ago: Pokémon Soul Silver but I have to beat the Elite Four (round 1) using only three Pokémon.

Rules:
    -As mentioned, my team must have only three Pokémon
    -Can't exceed level 45 before battling Lance.
    -Battle Style: Set
    -No potions, revives, X items, etc. during battles.

Current team so far:

-Totodile: because Agility, Ice Fang and Waterfall should help against Lance.
    -Vulpix: because Flamethrower at level 24, Nasty Plot as Ninetales and Dark Pulse TM before the E4.

Still can't decide who's going to be my last team member. Damn it's hard considering that pretty much all the good TMs are unavailable until the post-game so Pokémon like Starmie which could sweep entire teams with Surf+Bolt+Beam aren't an option, and neither are Pokémon like Houndoom that learn their strong moves at too high levels.

Years
    I have two active playthroughs at the moment, Pokemon Y and Pokemon Sapphire.

Y: Just won the 5th Badge yesterday, my team for now is: Chesnaught, Pyroar (M), Floette, Swanna and mega Lucario. Plan to have Goodra as my 6th Pokemon.

Sapphire: 7 Badges in and getting ready to catch Kyogre after Archie woke it up. My team is Masquerain, Sableye, Magcargo, Tropius, Heracross and I'm about to catch my last Pokemon just before battling Kyogre and that Pokemon will be Relicanth.

The goal I've been slowly working on this year is getting every Battle Frontier Gold Print on my Heart Gold, I just got my fourth Gold Print last week (from Battle Arcade) so now I only have one left to obtain (from Battle Factory). The team I used to win in Battle Tower, Battle Arcade and Battle Castle was: Red Gyarados, Garchomp and Alakazam. And in Battle Hall I won with Garchomp. Now I only have the facility with random rental Pokemon left so hopefully I can win my last Gold Print soon.

Years
    Slowly going through Platinum to celebrate BDSP coming out! Current team is just Grotle. :'D But I'm doing a green monocolor run so I'll be picking up more friends soon!!

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
    Years
    Doing an X nuzlocke at the moment! Not gonna lie, X itself is definitely on the easier side of games but its one of the harder ones (imo) to Nuzlocke. About to challenge Grant, my team as of right now:

Frogadier Lv. 24
    Charmeleon Lv. 23
    Lucario Lv. 25 (I know you arent given one until after Gym 3, but you can find a Riolu on Route 22).
    Mawile Lv. 24
    Absol Lv. 24
    Sigilyph Lv. 23

For those who haven't played XY, Grant sucks. His Amaura goes straight for Thunder Wave, and hits pretty hard with Refrigerate + Take Down. Tyrunt has run-killer potential with Strong Jaw + Bite, along with a base Attack of 89.

But yeah, thats what I'm doing right now.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am actually playing 3 games at the moment and shiny hunting in two others. Because I've been getting back in the pokemon spirit that I've kinda lost since the start of Sword and Shield, though I played a lot in in Crowned Tundra.

First, I've been playing Pokemon White and currently in Mistralton City. Mostly because I just felt like playing a game. Current I am doing or trying to do a Fighting Pokemon run.

I have Emboard, Throh, Gurdurr, Scraggy, Seismitoad, and Stoutland. I also have a Joltic I need to train.
    I think they are all around Lv 35 to 40.
    My second game is X. Originally this was supposed to be my first Nuzlocke, but by the time I got to the first gym, I stopped because I just couldn't get interested in a nuzlocke. So instead, I catch the first pokemon and only the first pokemon I encounter in route.

I do not really remember my team, but I think it is Braxian, Tyrunt, Hawlucha, Kirlia, Wartortle, Pancham, and Zorua in which I got from a random wonder trade. I just got to Shalour City. Not sure on levels.

And I am playing Heart Gold. Which I started back in 2018 and never finished LOL. But recently I started playing it again, mostly to catch every Unown Form so I can send to Pokemon Home.

My team: Heracross, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Ampharos, Noctowl, and Feraligatr. They are all around 43 or so. And I just got Pryce's badge.

And finally in Pokemon Ultra Sun, which is my original play file for that game, I am Shiny Hunting Latios. So I don't really have a team other than various Legends and Mythics I transferred over from past games.

And Omega Ruby, I started a game a while ago and decided to get the Southern Ticket since we don't know how long the servers are going to be up from PSS. So I am currently Shiny Hunting a Latias. I haven't played in a while so I don't know my team.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Playing through Platinum for the first time ever! So far Luxio, Roselia, Glameow(trade through GTS, took me a few tries to get a legit one, had to grind up a kadabra) and Monferno.

Also a Munchlax may or may not have shown up while I was reading the email...

Last edited by a moderator:

UnvoicedUnveiled

Unvoiced Unveiled
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2022
    I always love going back and playing older games on my 3DS!

Right now I'm playing through Ultra Moon again, and I have Piper the Brionne, Spice the Cutiefly, Aster the Noibat, and Ruby the Mareep! I'm also planning on getting a Bounsweet and Salandit. In the end, I want to complete the Pokedex!

So what games are you guys playing right now? Who's on your team? Any certain goals you're working to? I'd love to hear it!

Update! I've beaten the game and post-game with Primarina, Ribombee, Noivern, Ampharos, Tsareena, and Salazzle! I haven't touched the Battle Tree yet, I'll need to build myself a little team for that. Instead, I'm working on the Pokedex! I have 110 Pokemon registered so far. It's very fun, I'm enjoying this! If only I had more Rotom Exp. Boosts...

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
    I'm doing a Shield nuzlocke without Dynamaxing on Set mode. I just reached the 8th Gym Leader today after beating the 6th and 7th Gym Leaders with no losses. At the moment I'm just grinding up my Mudsdale (Mazda) and Whiscash (Boach) before I fight Raihan.

The team I planning to bring for the Raihan match is:
    1. Seismitoad (Seisma) Lv 50
    2. Rillaboom (Monke) Lv 51
    3. Mudsdale (Mazda) Lv 37
    4. Thievul (Darkyubi) Lv 47
    5. Whiscash (Boach) Lv 30
    6. Pelipper (Gull) Lv 50

Funnily enough, the team turned out pretty decent in competitive standards since it covers a lot of types, Pelipper has Drizzle+Scald and Seismitoad has Swift Swim and Liquidation. That alone wins me a lot of the matches in the game.

Years
    since everyone is playing BDSP, I m playing platinum which is basically better imo lol. I d like to try new pokemon, so I changed some usual members of my team. I always pick Empoleon, because yeah lol, I can't change it. Then i was thinking to add Blissey, Togekiss, Raichu, Houndoom and Gallade.

Back