• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happened to Ash's hat?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    What really happened to Ash's first hats. I think Ash should start wearing his old hats, especially the first one which Ash sent supposedly a million post cards for it.
    Ever since I saw the episode in which a mankey steals Ash's hat, I never got tired of it.

So, I actually have two questions:
    Will Ash's hat ever come back?
    Should Ash's hat ever come back?

Last edited:
    Years
    I can see why you like Ash's OS hat, considering the story behind it but unfortunately it's well established that a change of outfit and hat for Ash is a given when a new generation begins in the anime. Apparently I read this was to keep his design fresh and also fit in line with the male protagonist design of that region's main games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    It would be interesting if they had Ash wear his old hats and outfits in a few episodes in the future, but really it would just be for nostalgia purposes. Maybe do a scene when he comes back where we see his old hats and shirts in his closet in his room.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Honestly, I don't think there is a point to it. It just seems like a useless change to me. There would be no point to it. As others said, it would be for Nostalgia reasons. However, this is the 20th Season. Or at least it is for the English Version.

There was a few times in BW when he had flashbacks to getting Charmader that his hat returned I think, but that was it.

I will say that they may be planning something. In the Sun and Moon Data, there is an Ash-Pikachu who is wearing all of Ash's hats, including the original. I don't know what they could be planning, but it is possible.

Years
    How could Ash get rid of his hat after claiming to have "sent in about a million postcards" to get it!

I Suppose he has to update himself though :)

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
    The day Ash goes back an old hat or outfit would be awesome, and i do agree that the first one he had a story with it but not much with others. I would like to know how keep getting new outfits in Kanto, to me thats strange, maybe they order it from a new region but the problem with that is that he decides on a region after visiting there and why would he change his outfir just for a visit, makes no sense.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    At least in AG and DP his mom gives or sends him his new outfit, it's not from the region. I guess they just feel he needs to change outfits with each new series.

Back