• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if.. this all didn't exist?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • What if Pokemon never existed at all?

Let me reword -- what would you do, or how would your life have been if you haven't heard of pokemon at all, or "Pokemon" didn't exist, meaning that there will be no merchandise; no pokemon games, no pokemon anime, and so on. In fact, you may want to consider this forum, which is about Pokemon in general.

So, what would your life be like if the pokemon franchise didn't exist?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I honestly don't know if it is safe to ponder such a question.
    So much of my adolescent life has been spent with Pokemon...

Years
  • I don't know.......
    I imagine I'd be a much different person though, since Pokemon is why I like video games and anime.
    I can imagine I'd probably be a Swag fag......
    *shudders*

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    It's hard for me to imagine a life without Pokemon, it has been a part of my life since back in the gba days. Most of the friends I have and have had I would not have conversed with, so that alone would change things. It's pretty obvious that I would be a different person, it's just how different that I don't know.

I find this to be a very scary thought, I like the way I am now xD

Years
  • Digimon would have been more popular and would still be getting its games localized, so I'd be pretty happy about that. Otherwise, the only difference I can think of would be that I wouldn't be posting here for obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I'd first gotten into Pokémon, I was also starting to grow interest for Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and other similar series.

Had Pokémon not existed, their overall popularity and whatnot would likely have been affected, as stated in above post, and myself—if I were to make an assumption, I would have been more big of a fan of them.

As a follower, I probably would have needed an area to discuss things related to them with other fans, which, in terms of online, might have led me to another forum like PC. As far as real life goes, I would've kept up with each and every one of their game releases, and anime-wise, been a viewer up until a certain point. All-in-all, I'd imagine things to still be more or less the same.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • If Pokemon was never released, I might not have gotten into Final Fantasy either, as it was a Pokemon fangame (SPEE in particular) that led me to that franchise. Also I'd might not have the love of glitchy things I have today, and might not have gotten into Minecraft because it had the Far Lands. I think in general it's a good thing Pokemon does exist, cause I love both of those franchises.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • What if Pokemon never existed at all?

Let me reword -- what would you do, or how would your life have been if you haven't heard of pokemon at all, or "Pokemon" didn't exist, meaning that there will be no merchandise; no pokemon games, no pokemon anime, and so on. In fact, you may want to consider this forum, which is about Pokemon in general.

So, what would your life be like if the pokemon franchise didn't exist?

I'd still be playing Gran Turismo *playing Gran Turismo right now* wait. . .

Reactions: Bug
    Years
  • If Pokémon hadn't exited? Oh, goodness... Well I can certainly say that things for me would be a lot different than they are now, because i've had so much fun playing Pokémon over the years and it's given me the chance to meet a lot of people over the internet. But if it wasn't there, maybe i'd be playing other games instead of this and trying to have fun with them instead.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    Wow I have no idea honestly.
    Neopets was more popular when I was a kid in my area, but Pokemon kinda was too just not as much. I was one of the few that was a fan.
    I probably would have been more obsessed with Neopets back then and let it take over my life instead of Pokemon, assuming it didn't exist. Or maybe some other kind of game. Didn't Digimon copy Pokemon anyway or come after it at least? idk if that would have been as popular actually, it probably wouldn't have even existed.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I don't even want to think about this... I wouldn't have the friends I do. I would have been even quieter, probably, and most of my childhood would not have existed, instead being something else. I like my life so far, and how it has been... I can't imagine it differently.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What if.. this all didn't exist?

I'd be losing one hell of a pass time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Then this would be a Digimon forum and I would have asked for all of the digimon games growing up instead of Pokemon. JRPGs would be a lot harder for me because I wouldn't be so used to overleveling for every single thing.

Guest123123

I wouldn't have ever heard the word pyre, and wouldn't know what it means
    I wouldn't know that water conducts electricity
    I wouldn't know why the sea is blue
    I wouldn't know that Sir Lancelot was raised by fairies to be a dragon slayer
    I wouldn't know what a coelacanth is
    I wouldn't know what Braille is
    +probably a lot of other things I'd either never know or learn a lot later

I'd have spent all those playtime hours doing different things. I don't know what. Maybe I'd have gotten into another video game series. Maybe I'd spend more time doing school work. Maybe I'd learn a trade. It's not really easy for me to imagine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Probably less meaningful childhood considering my personal history with pokemon.

A lot less friends. A lot more depressing days.

Perhaps i'd become more mature but in a bad way.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • My life would've actually been a biiiiit different - because I would have a few friends difference between that reality and this one. My friend who I met through pokemon and went back to college with - even getting rides with for example, might not have been around were it not to have existed.

Years
  • I think the biggest change in my life would be that I'd have never owned a Nintendo handheld, seeing as Pokemon was the main reason for getting one each time (GBC for Yellow/Gold, GBA for Sapphire, DS for HeartGold, 3DS for Y). I've also got no clue how my internet browsing habits would change, as a third of what I do online is Pokemon related.

Outside of that, I don't think too much would change, seeing as how I haven't really known anyone that was into the franchise since middle school (barring family, that is).

Years
  • I really don't know hey. I guess I would have tried harder at netball practice and woulda done better in school cause there'd have been nothing on tv. I'd also have eaten less chips cause there would never have been any Tazos in the packs.

poniko

gots a weasel
    Years
  • i think i wouldn't play videogames as much as i do right now... same for watching anime. actually, my knowledge of japanese culture would be really small. this naturally means i would study and socialize more (in different ways). i would not have some close friends i have nowadays though.

Back