• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you were picked to be a moderator?

Would you take the job?

• Total voters

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Being a moderator isn't that difficult, its pretty simple if you have half a brain actually. Its a Pokemon forum after all, the problems that arise are pretty easy to solve. It can get extremely frustrating at times (depending on where you mod obviously). I do miss pwning noobs though, it was a good way to relieve stress.

I wouldn't want to go back to modding Rom Hacking but I wouldn't mind modding a place like OVP or OC since there are far fewer retards in those sections. Although if I was asked now I'd say no.

Well, modding actually caused stress for me, as I had the hell hole. I'm terrible at dealing with stress, which made the modding experience less fun. Despite that, I enjoyed helping others, cleaning up the forum, having wild mod parties, etc.

The first time I was asked, I didn't expect it, even though everyone said I was the obvious candidate. I was never offered such a big position (big to me :x!) before, so it was pretty different. Typically, I would just shy away in the masses and eventually stop coming online; however, I finally made a voice for myself. I'm a nobody on other forums. Naturally, modship gave me power, but I didn't go crazy with it; it kinda went crazy to me. Too much mawd j00ce led to my downfall.

If I was asked again, I would squeal and then die on the inside. As for accepting, it depends on what forum, as there are more mellow places than DPPt. If I had to go back to DPPt, eh, honestly, it's easier now with multiple mods and somewhat smarter members, ye spoiled kids.

Either way, I would always come back for more; deep down, I love a good challenge. If everything was handed out to you like a plate of cookies, life would be too easy. Everyone that says they lack the faith or courage or whatever.. Well, that's the challenge, to learn how to cope when given a huge responsibility despite your issues, and ultimately, learning from your mistakes and experiencing something irreplaceable.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Not that it's going to happen, but I probably would. I'd feel comfortable modding DPP and the wifi forums, just because I've been active there for a really long time. S&M or NU/W might be cool too...But yeah, there's no sense in dwelling on it too much since it's highly unlikely XD

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I'd school the entire staff on how this should be run.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Mm, I would be a Mod if asked to Moderate a forum. Although there ARE exceptions... Like the DPPt forums; I don't think I'd want to do it despite the number of Mods there already; they're all much more braver and sturdier than I would probably be XD

And, of course, I'd try to be fair. Not biased or anything.

And I'd probably ask some of the other Mods for tips. Not to be a suck-up or anything, but just to get some general knowledge down. And of course I'd continue to treat all the non-Staff like normal people, because of course, the Staff are all normal people too, so why should we treat the non-Staff like peons? Doesn't seem very fair if you ask me.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I'd probably decline, since I can't see myself with enough responsibility for the duties of a Moderator. Though obviously, there's just about no chance that I'd become a mod anyways, but still, my answer likely would be no. There's people on PC who are much better suited for the job.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'd have to seriously think about it. If I was picked to mod, then I was obviously recognized for something that the staff thought I had, but then there's myself. Did I think that the 'something' was completely true? I wouldn't want to moderate for wrong reasons, so it could go either way. Yes or no, depending on what I believe my own capabilities would be. /loser answer XDD

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Rofl, it would never happen.

But hypothetically, even if I were to be asked tomorrow, I would decline the offer. I've seen what being modded has done to some of the people here. They tend to believe they have this sort of authority over everyone else, when in reality, the only thing that separates the staff of this forum from just the average PC user is the colored username.

I prefer to just be a regular member. That being said, I'm not afraid to speak out against actions taken by certain staff members here, if I disagree with them. Regardless of the ability to access a "secret" forum section or edit posts, my voice here is just as valuable as anyone else's :]

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    It really depends on some things.
    Like what the section was. If it was Roleplay, Other Trivia, or Other Chat I would say yes in a heartbeat. DPPt would be an instant no from me xD. Any other section would depend on how much time I have to dedicate to PC when the question was popped.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    I would have to think about it myself. i know how much stress is really placed on a mod especially if there is only one in a section, being that i use to be one over at another popular forum.
    From that i would have experience to say yes, but i guess it depends where i would be placed. (use to hang alot around the d/p/pt forums and the game development section has been my home for a really long time now. i guess i would take that honor. i do have a really busy scedule now adays but i would make more time.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I would gracefully decline.
    I'm a reporter, not a punisher.

edit I like to report signatures the most, so watch out.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    Sure, why not? XD
    I can handle the whole "responsibilty" of being a Mod. :D

It would be lot of work, but I think I can handle it. ^_^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well I guess I'd have the free time to take the job.

The only thing is, I'd be very strict on signatures, and I'd take no prisoners that spam. I may be a little tough XD.

But if I am picked to be any higher than a super mod I'd suicide on the spot because I can't take that pressure @~@

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Yes, for various reasons. Technically, I only hang around three forums, which just so happen to be; OT, OVP and OC. Anywhere other than those three places? Probably not. I guess it depends. I'd think about it for a sec, and then I'd make my decision. If it was any of the three areas I mentioned before, then I would say yes in a heartbeat.

Besides, if you don't like it, you can always just quit.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Probably not. While I'd enjoy getting to actually address things I usually report, I don't think I could actually be fuly active enough, unless it's one of the sections I frequent the most. (If it is the section I frequent the most, then I actually might take them up on the offer)

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    I'd probably accept the offer because I have some experience. (I administrate another forum.)
    Another reason I'd accept is because I think I can handle the responsibility of the job. The forum I administrate isn't as big as PC, but it does at least teach me how to do certain things like closing or moving threads, banning members, etc.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Probably not. Don't think I would have the time for it, plus it's too big a responsibility pour moi :p

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    It depends. Well, I have lots of free time on my hands but who knows, things might suddenly get pretty busy, especially when school starts.
    Besides, I don't think they'll pick me for the job.

Back