• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    My pair made it, but if I had to hazard a guess at its origins, i'd say:

Limey: "Limey is an old slang nickname, often pejorative, for the English, originally referring to British sailors." I am English, hence this. I'm not a sailor, however.

Chan: "Chan (ちゃん?) is a diminutive suffix; it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. Thus, using chan with a superior's name would be condescending and rude. In general, chan is used for babies, young children, and teenage girls. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, or any youthful woman." Yeah, really hope she was referring to the 'close friends' part of that...

Years
    I guess y'all should know the embarrassing truth...

I was 14, I wanted something cool. But not in English. No no no, I was a big Japanese wannabe back then. So, I used Google Translator to make Inferno~Tsunami.

And that's how this redicuolus name came into being.

I really wished I changed it to my first instinct, "Eternal Phoenix".

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I don't know what inspired by username. I believe I was a huge Sonic fan when I joined (still am) and I got the idea from Shadow the hedgehog. I also had an idea of Colette from Tales of Symphonia (LOVE THAT GAME) and then I knew Colette got angel wings (spoiler) so I combined an ideal username of Shadow the hedgehog and Colette as an angel and got Shadow_Angel.

i might change it to Rebirthing_Angel though.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's taken off Harlequin, Jokers sidekick/squeeze and best female character of the Batman universe. I liked it because a) she is perfection in comic form, b) she sort of reminds me of myself and c) because it was a good name and available.

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
    I got my name from the Resident Evil series. Resident Evil 2 to be exact. "G" was a monster that was created when William Birkin injected the Gene Virus into himself after he got shot. I thought his monster mutation was pretty neat, since you'd "kill" it, only to have it mutate into something straonger that the previous form. I also didn't exactly just like the name "G", so I call him "G-Virus", and that's where I got my name from xD.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Waaay back in the 4th Grade I had a huuuge crush on a girl name Sammy, who also had a beautiful kitten~
    I've been using it ever since.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't have a clue where the hell Patchisou came from, but I wanted a name like Hiroshi Sotomura that was more like a name of a character, and I couldn't think of anything after Patchisou. At the time, I was obsessed with Fruits Basket. Yutohru came from Tohru Honda, the main character. Patchisou Tohru didn't sound right, so I picked random letters to fill that void. I'm sure if you search my posts (and actually care about my username that much to go through that), you'll find a post here with why I chose Patchisou. Though, it has absolutely nothing to do with that derp of a Pikachu clone I refuse to associate with.
    Highfive for Fruits Basket inspired names!

when I first joined this forum I was getting into manga and the first one I started reading and fell in love with was Fruits Basket. I adored pretty much every character but I really connected with and loved the story arc about Tohru's mom, Kyoko the most. she was this badass in a gang and she was called "the red butterfly" so when I first joined here, I was going to be "KyokoRedButterfly" but that looked too lengthy and eh. so I shortened it to "KyokoButterfly15" 15 being my lucky number and age at the time.

then throughout my time here I had a TON of usernames: *Princess Seraphia*, Takara, Kyoko, Satsuki, Reine Blair, Stiletto, Arisa, and Thaleia. but everyone on here always called me Kyoko, it was the one I identified the most with.

soooo eventually someone on here took the name Kyoko while I had some other name and I FREAKED OUT. so once she changed her name again, I took it back and voila :D so happy I did in time for the usernames to stop. Kyoko is a shorter version of my first name on here and the name of the character I adored, i'm attached to this username <3

COOL STORY BRO.

Years
    One of my good friends in elementary used to give everyone he knew a nickname, and even though mine was the most uninspired, it stuck with me for the past 10 years.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years

That song should say enough. =3
    I looked up the translation of "Kotowari", and I really liked it. I also liked the sound of it, so once my exams were over, I switched to this name. And I still love it. <3
    (Not to mention that Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen is by far the best anime I've ever seen. :B)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was actually inspired to have a Japanese username from many people here who sadly, don't seem to come here anymore. There were a lot of cool Japanese names on this site and I wanted to have one with meaning as well. This is where the funny story comes in. :P

At the time I originally wanted my username to be changed to May. This was to match the whole Drew and May pairing (as my pair is Drew on here), however it was a generic name for a Pokémon website and with no surprise, it was taken. So I went with the other hand and chose the name of her Japanese voice actress Kaori (which my brother had came up with actually); who also happens to be a Japanese singer as well. Singing just happens to me something I love to do everyday. XD; I liked the sound of it but I also wanted to know what meaning it had. Just on a side note, I pronounce Kaori "Kay-or-ee" since I like the sound of it better that way. Turns out Kaori also happens to mean "fragrance and scent". I like scented things like perfume, lotion, etc. so I thought it was a pretty cool coincidence for it to have that meaning. So I decided to go with the name and it has stuck ever since.

I guess you can say the inspiration was a match between myself, with my interests having a meaning in the name Kaori. XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Uh don't remember exactly but it sounded mystical-ish, so I chose it.
    Might have remembered from my Poptropica account.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I decided to name myself to honor the best main character in history - Spike Spiegal from Cowboy Bebop, of course.

shemellon

middle trainer
    Years
    the dothack game -shemellon- those berry thingies that say shemellon berry when you touch it -shemellon- its so funny -shemellon- or maybe i got the word wrong -shemellon- oh well either way i like my username -shemellon-

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    Welll... its ma name backwards :D i added the 'h' and changed 'c' to 'Q' ! Guess whats my name :P

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    For my original:
    DJG XD(I was 9 at the time)

For now:
    I was creating games combined with my first name ._.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I got my mane after my fandom Mario character Para, then I decided to do a play on words with Paradox.

The username Para-Dox was born.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I didn't really know where I got my first username (UltimaZelfier), I just typed it into the username box when I registered. I'm not a fan of Seifer, nor am I fond of the Ultima spell. But it kinda grew on me. When I got started in posting in WOFZ, everyone was fond of calling me Zeffy (my username was Zelfier back then), and at the very last name change given, I changed it to Zeffy. Now everyone knows me as Zeffy! ^o^

Back