• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the meaning of life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    To get tortured and tied to a wall while getting slapped by a banana skin when we're children, to have underage sexual intercourse when we're teens ectectra.
    Seriously, I think the meaning of life is love, wealth and knowledge in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    To make love to May

Actually, i Know what the meaning of life is...

The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli or adaptation to the environment originating from within the organism.
    The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.
    Living organisms considered as a group: plant life; marine life.
    A living being, especially a person: an earthquake that claimed hundreds of lives.
    The physical, mental, and spiritual experiences that constitute existence: the artistic life of a writer.

The interval of time between birth and death: She led a good, long life.
    The interval of time between one's birth and the present: has had hay fever all his life.
    A particular segment of one's life: my adolescent life.
    The period from an occurrence until death: elected for life; paralyzed for life.
    Slang. A sentence of imprisonment lasting till death.
    The time for which something exists or functions: the useful life of a car.
    A spiritual state regarded as a transcending of corporeal death.
    An account of a person's life; a biography.
    Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life.

Superjub, hey. Reply to PM i sent

To get tortured and tied t a wall while getting slapped by a banana skin when we're children, to have underage sexual intercourse when we're teens ectectra. QUOTE]

<_< >_> I told you, May XD

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Ok so I'm really not supposed to do this (I'm supposed to let you all figure this out on your own) but anyway here is the answer to the meaning of life

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Forty three, you have to add one for elitism.

As for the meaning of life, there isn't one. Why must there be a reason behind anything, hm?

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Cheese.

I wish there wasnt a character limit, so that cheese could be the only thing worth posting here (seeing as cheese is the only thing worth living life)

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    The meaning of life for me Is to

get to heaven, have fun and be happy.

While trying to make the world a better place.
    :D

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    Biologically, it's the rather depressing fact that it is to reproduce and die. However, we as a species have evolved (or, if you like, were created) to do things above the simple, primitive instinct level. As such, the broadest possible meaning is to "be happy". This extends across multiple frontiers: for those who wish to help others, or act in the will of their god, or accumulate possessions, or enrich their minds, they all derive happiness from these activities. As contradictory as it may seem, even people who live to be miserable (not people who are genuinely depressed) derive a satisfaction of sorts from doing so.

Years

LOL, I'm only kidding.

The meaning of life is in serving, trusting, and loving your Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart, mind, and soul. Only then will you find true happiness.

PM me for more information if you want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Fantastic win on levels untold.

The meaning of life is in serving, trusting, and loving your Lord Jesus Christ with all your heart, mind, and soul. Only then will you find true happiness.
    Being pretty kinda religious, I could see this working for a lot of people, but I'm more willing to believe that every person has the an individual meaning to their own life.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Normally I would cite something from my religion, but that seems rather tactless in this context. I'd say that the meaning of life is to do as much good for as many people as possible.

Years
    I'd have to say... just to enjoy it. Make the best things out of it as you can, forget the bad. It can be tough sometimes, but you have to get through it because things will get better.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    Invalid question, life has no meaning.

I haven't seen one post by you that has thought and meaning put into it.

---
    The meaning of life..

To start things off, we must believe everything happens for a reason. Yes, that sounds sooo cheesy, but think about it for a moment. The littlest things that happen to you do have some meaning behind them. You were used and lied to so that you could grow to truly understand what "unconditional love" is. You went through disease to find that the smallest things in life are often taken for granted. You saw someone suffer to realize that maybe your life isn't really as terrible as you pretend it is.

After thirteen years, I've come to this conclusion: Without pain there would be no happiness. Without hate there would be no love. People who are spoiled by everyone always adoring them and treating them like they're a god or goddess will be disappointed later in life when someone shows them what it means to be hated.

That was... the crappiest explanation of life ever, but hey, that's how I think. No one said you had to feel that way ;3
    ---

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Do what you want, as well as you want.

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
    Years
    The only way complex molecules ever managed to survive and become cells is because in some way they attained the simple purpose of self-sustenance. (I can only assume self-expansion is a consequence or cause of this. One could say that surplus effort towards self-sustenance is self-expansion.) Thus the ultimate meaning of life is that which consciously sustains itself, and the purpose of life is self-conservation and furthering of the race (which is really a sub-purpose of the main meaning). Before us, things existed and ceased to exist without a care or effort.

I don't know why people threw the concept of souls into all this.

Biologically, it's the rather depressing fact that it is to reproduce and die. However, we as a species have evolved (or, if you like, were created) to do things above the simple, primitive instinct level. As such, the broadest possible meaning is to "be happy". This extends across multiple frontiers: for those who wish to help others, or act in the will of their god, or accumulate possessions, or enrich their minds, they all derive happiness from these activities. As contradictory as it may seem, even people who live to be miserable (not people who are genuinely depressed) derive a satisfaction of sorts from doing so.

But isn't it so that happiness finds its root in (as I said) self-sustenance? The basic cause of happiness is benefit to the body, the advanced cause is benefit to the psyche. It can't be seen as an elemental concept of life, since in the cases of drug addicts it's actually used to somewhat nihilistic meaninglessness.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    Luphinid Silnaek said:
    But isn't it so that happiness finds its root in (as I said) self-sustenance? The basic cause of happiness is benefit to the body, the advanced cause is benefit to the psyche. It can't be seen as an elemental concept of life, since in the cases of drug addicts it's actually used to somewhat nihilistic meaninglessness.
    I see your point, and what you say makes total sense. Since happiness, as you correctly point out is caused by benefits to the body and psyche, a more accurate description would be "the pursuit of happiness", I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Without pain there would be no happiness. Without hate there would be no love.
    Actually pain and happiness are not just emotions but physiological responses and your concept is on an impossible situation that won't ever occur.

Don't you mean Mohammed or Zeus? I guess that means the majority of mankind fails at life. lulz.

I see your point, and what you say makes total sense. Since happiness, as you correctly point out is caused by benefits to the body and psyche, a more accurate description would be "the pursuit of happiness", I think.
    It would be flawed to say that an emotion or engaging a mental process is the meaning of life, because obviously humans are not the only living thing on this planet. Plants, fungi, microorganisms, fish and invertebrates have little or no coordination over their actions and are unable to have normal human-like cognitions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back