• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Hi, I've searched around for ideas of worth for this Misprint Pikachu EX card and come back empty handed, any ideas of pricing would be greatly appreciated :)
    Card name: Raikou EX (should be Pikachu)
    Card Set: XY promo set
    The collector's number: XY84
    Not first edition
    Shadowless
    English
    Wrong names are fairly common among counterfeits. Compare it to official images of the card and you may notice even more differences, such as incorrect fonts. Also, compare the card back to your official cards; fakes often a blurry or washed-out look.

Hi

I was wondering if you could guess a price on a card

Shellder
    Fossil set
    1st edition
    54/62
    It is a "common" Card, However it is a full hologram and I've been unable to find another like it.
    It's near mint or mint.

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like a bootleg sticker. Still a neat novelty to hang onto, though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    TLDR : Omanyte 52/62 with yellow stain in yellow circle I can't find anywhere. Any value? Not fake because it's my own childhood cards.

So I just found a couple hundred cards from my childhood and while scrolling the cards I saw Omanyte and I searched it online to see if it was rare, which it isn't (and I now know just by the circle..), but I couldn't find any with that yellow circle stain thing. Is this of any value? Also bonus picks to evaluate in case this is just a yuky circle card after all.

Shining Gyarados 65/64
    Ho-oh 7/64 shiny

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Wrong names are fairly common among counterfeits. Compare it to official images of the card and you may notice even more differences, such as incorrect fonts. Also, compare the card back to your official cards; fakes often a blurry or washed-out look.

Sounds like a bootleg sticker. Still a neat novelty to hang onto, though!

I actually took it out of the card folder, it's clearly a fake looking at it closely now. Dang I was hopeful of retiring.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2020
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if this hitmonlee holo is a fake. All that I've seen have a gold background. Cheers.

Attachments

• "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread
      IMG_1697[3272] (3).jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 12
    Years
    Hope I'm not being too cheeky, but would love to know about these cards too if you don't mind. I have two from the original movie that they gave out with the tickets.

Sorry for the delay.

Unlimited run Base Set Blastoise: Prices are kinda all over, but I'd expect $40 for that one.

Black Star Promo 2 Electabuzz: $4

Black Star Promo 5 Dragonite: $4

TLDR : Omanyte 52/62 with yellow stain in yellow circle I can't find anywhere. Any value? Not fake because it's my own childhood cards.

So I just found a couple hundred cards from my childhood and while scrolling the cards I saw Omanyte and I searched it online to see if it was rare, which it isn't (and I now know just by the circle..), but I couldn't find any with that yellow circle stain thing. Is this of any value? Also bonus picks to evaluate in case this is just a yuky circle card after all.

Shining Gyarados 65/64

Ho-oh 7/64 shiny

So, an aside: just because you had them from your childhood, does not mean they're not fakes. Kids are easily duped into getting counterfeits, unfortunately. Most who collected Pokemon cards as a kid wound up with at least one in their collection.

For Omanyte, that's just a manufacturing defect. Doesn't really increase value unless you find someone who likes collecting manufacturing defects.

Neo Revelations Shining Gyarados has some value, though. About $120.

Neo Revelations Ho-oh: $50.

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if this hitmonlee holo is a fake. All that I've seen have a gold background. Cheers.

Yes, that is a fake. That's a holo pattern not used on any Pokemon cards at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2020
    Sooo shadowless charizard that met the washing machine? Any luck it's still worth anything? Lol

Attachments

D16ECE63-9BD3-4AE9-9EC2-AB79AE52EBA6.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 5
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Curious about these base set water energy cards. 2 of them seem like a brighter yellow then the other 2. The lighting may seem to add this but they really are a brighter yellow. They aren't counterfeit, i know that for sure. Is this what would be considered "shadowless"? Or just printed a little differently? Hope the photo came through.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2020
    Can anyone give a guess on what it's worth like this?

Attachments

639D702A-E19B-4751-A21A-26F317353CC6.jpeg
      186.8 KB · Views: 9
      518201F6-914D-4346-9CB2-84F59E3B3DE8.jpeg
      199.5 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Can anyone give a guess on what it's worth like this?

Ahh.. sorry man but in that condition you're not going to be getting much for that card. It's just too damaged. And actually, looking at the creasing, I'd estimate that it's actually a proxy card. I mean it's a Charizard regardless so it'll sell no matter what to someone out there.. but I wouldn't expect anything more than like $10 for it. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2020
    Idk I don't see any signs of it being a proxy. Also that's not a crease the card went through the was. I've had this card in this condition for 20 years

Years
    Idk I don't see any signs of it being a proxy. Also that's not a crease the card went through the was. I've had this card in this condition for 20 years

That, uh, is a crease, no matter how the card got it. Source: have let cards go through the wash or otherwise get water damage when I was a kid myself.

As Fairy says, it's too damaged to expect more than $10 for it. Shadowless unlimited print run Base Set Charizard aren't exactly scarce.

Years
    Curious about these base set water energy cards. 2 of them seem like a brighter yellow then the other 2. The lighting may seem to add this but they really are a brighter yellow. They aren't counterfeit, i know that for sure. Is this what would be considered "shadowless"? Or just printed a little differently? Hope the photo came through.

You'll need to use somewhere like Imgur to upload your pics to post them here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    Hi

Opened my first pack of Pokemon cards, have just go this one, I have not been involved with Pokemon before, but want some idea if I should get this card graded.

its a centiskorch v max 191/189, from sword and shield darkness ablaze pack. English.

here's a pic

how someone can tell me what card I have and how I should look after this card.

Thank you

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2020
    Hello,
    I recently found my Pokemon cards from what seems like the 90s. I don't want to waste your time with nonholographic cards, so I attached the ones that seem like collectors would want. Some say the 1st edition. I also have some Japanese trainer cards in the Japanese language. I didn't post it though. Just trying the holographic ones for now and a 1st edition Pikachu card.
    The last link is what all the back of the cards look like.
    What is the maximum amount a hardcore Pokemon lover would pay for this?
    https://imgur.com/a/ilsKtTA
    https://imgur.com/a/xIHSi0L
    https://imgur.com/a/IoQKwdR

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I have collected pokemon cards with my brother when we were kids. We found two cards in our collection, which we could not identify. These are pokemon cards with pikachu on the back.
    1. On the front snorlax, bulbasaur, charmander, ash, pikachu, butterfree and poliwhirl.
    2. On the front ash and pikachu.

I have added a link with photos of both cards.

Use:
    imgur.com
    and add:
    /a/3jOTKRp

Thank you for your help,

Greetings,

Daan & Luuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Hello guys! So I found some cards from my childhood. Does anyone know if any of these is woth checking out? I also got a few non holo. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2020
    Charizard
    4/162

Anyone know if it is rare? Worth selling?

Attachments

73D34B01-8135-4F7A-BBFD-1846527CF2D4.jpeg
      916.6 KB · Views: 15
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2020
    Hi,

I have not sold pokemon cards before but I went through my collection and checked them against pokemonprices.com. I'm not sure if my valuation is correct but I just took the average price posted. Can you please look at my top cards and see if they are valuable? I can take closer pictures if I am on the right track.

Thanks

Attachments

201108 pokemon cards value.PNG
      47.2 KB · Views: 7
      201108 pokemon cards front.jpg
      200 KB · Views: 11
      201108 pokemon cards back.jpg
      322.4 KB · Views: 4
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2020
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me whether this
    Electivire 3/130
    Is real or fake cause me and a friend can not find a match to this one any where.
    The card is fully holo, including the border and the hands and also the main background of the card.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

20201109_101844.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 11

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me whether this
    Electivire 3/130
    Is real or fake cause me and a friend can not find a match to this one any where.
    The card is fully holo, including the border and the hands and also the main background of the card.

Thanks for any help
    It's fake. "Bloated" Energy icons ripped from Energy cards, missing accented e in Pokémon, improper spacing in the HP...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back