• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Languages Are You Learning?

What language are you learning? HUH?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • I'm learning French, probably the only other language I will learn. Though, it is enjoyable to learn french, fun to speak too. ;D

Years
  • I paused my Dutch so I could learn Afrikaans. Afrikaans is a lot like English and Dutch. But Dutch is not like English. So I thought that it would be better if I just learned Afrikaans. Then Dutch. ^_^

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I'm learning English and Japanese right now.
    Since English is still compulsory for us at school, I can't really drop the subject yet. Essays kill me. D:

I'm taking Japanese as one of my choice subjects and this will be my 4th year learning it.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I'm learning Deutsch... (German). I'm.. not as you say.. very good.

Years
    • H
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    =3 I'm learning French.
    & I have been since kindergarten (French immersion ftw ;D)
    But I'm not really good at it, since no one ever talks French. u_u
    And I'm really bad at memorizing how to conjugate verbs and stuff.

I'd love to learn Japanese & German.
    & Russian.
    Because of their accents. xPP
    Even though knowing it wouldn't give me an accent...

Cid

Years
  • I actually know Japanese, though I'm still learning some that I don't know... Also, I've been trying to learn French too, though not that much...

GuardianofAuraGirl

I'm learning French but I'm not very good at it, so I'm striving to do better.

I really want to learn Japanese but its not in the choice subjects! So to solve my problem, right now I'm learning some Japanese by reading them on the Internet and learning it from other people on the Internet. Surprisingly I also learn some Japanese words by reading manga books like Fruits Basket and Shonen Jump! ^_^ I'm learning about Japan in school right now, too! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    im learning spanish as required by my high school (i still enjoy it a lot though) and japanese, cuz i love watching anime, and i figured i may as well learn the language.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I'm learning Spanish for school. It was either choose Spanish or French, so I chose the I thought to be more interesting. It's definately not one of the subjects I hate....

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • Currently in Primary school we are learning chinese. ( Hehe. My almost first language.)
    But i learn japanese personally. I only know a few words.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
  • Japanese. I originally took it because I had to take a language and I was most familiar with Japanese. I continued to take it because we had an excellent teacher and I was very good at it. However, next year I'll be dropping it because we can only take four subjects, and I don't have room for a language that I'll never use.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have no help learning japanese, butI did write a few kanji symbols (secretly) on my school account. That's just 2 MB of my .5 TB in the school.
    As I said, I am learning Japanese and now I am learning Holian (not from the word Holy, from the word holon- after Nintendo (R) stole from me. Yes, I was robbed by Nintendo a few years ago and I didn't forget it- but I did forgive them)

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I'm learning Gaelige, which is the Irish word for Irish Gaelic. I've been learning it since around 6, and it's quite difficult. I've become amazingly used to the pronouciations which other people would find difficult to pronounce. The spellings are awful hard too, but I'm used to those as well. Overall, it's a pretty good language to learn. It's mostly fallen into disuse though.

I also study German. I started 2 years ago, when I was 12. I'm quite good at it, and again I'm good with the pronounciations and spelling. But the Der/Die/Das etc. things are so friggin' impossible! I don't even see the point in them. But I guess all languages have annoying little things in them.

I'd LOVE to speak Spanish. It's just so refreshing to hear, and Spain is my favourite country and I go there almost ever year, so it would be nice to be able to talk to people in Spanish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back