• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What mega would you remove in favour of a true evolution?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    So hypothetically, let's say GameFreak gave you an offer. You have to choose one mega evolution to completely remove from existence, but a regular evolution would be created for the Pokemon instead. You have no control over what the evolution is like. This applies to all Pokemon - if you remove Mega Mewtwo (you'd have to remove both formes), there would be a Mewtwo evolution. If you remove Mega Sceptile, there would be a Sceptile evolution. Make your choice!

I vote Mega Pinsir because counterparts.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Hm, this is a tough one. I definitely think the megas should have been reserved for three-stage or legendary Pokemon, so insert any of the one-stage mega Pokemon here.

I think I'll go with Mega Audino. Since Audino feels like a relative of Chansey, I feel like it could have used a Blissey-like evolution over mega evolving.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    no megas if anything i would want more megas im not so bad of a person that i want things gone from a gae just because I dont like something unlike lots of people on the web

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Absol.
    Whilst I love Mega Absol most next to Mega Altaria, I think making it a true evolution would be good.
    I need those wings-like fur staying!

Years
    I have to agree and go with Banette. It deserves an evolution as well.

But if I had to choose one that was introduced in ORAS, Sharpedo.

Years
    While I do love Mega Audino's design, I wouldn't mind making it into an actual evolution since it does change a bit but still feels connected to the regular Audino design.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I would have to go with Mega Abomasnow. I just would like to see what they would come up with as a next line of evolution.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    I wouldn't mind having Mega-Aerodactyl taken out for an evolution instead. The other Kanto fossils evolved so why not poor, left out Aerodactyl? :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Actually, the most useless Mega Evolution I think is Mega Kangaskhan. There's no real difference or purpose other than the baby comes out of the pouch. Whoopie big deal!

Years
    Actually, the most useless Mega Evolution I think is Mega Kangaskhan. There's no real difference or purpose other than the baby comes out of the pouch. Whoopie big deal!

arw u joking ??? if its mega evolution became a normal evolution it would be so op.... its mega ability it just so good.... everyone would rage quit battles xd

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I would get rid of Mega Sableye and give Sableye a normal evolution, or give Dragonite the mega evolution.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    Personally, I'd remove Banette's Mega and replace it with a regular evolution (another Reaper Cloth trade evolution like Dusknoir, perhaps?~), since Dusclops too got a regular evolution, as others have said above. s:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'd turn the Megas of Sableye and Mawile into actual evolutions. And give Mawile's evolution the same abilities as regular Mawile.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    As far as appearance goes, I think Mega Lucario looks sufficiently different from its normal form to be deemed worthy of being a real evolution. I'd also like to see all the Megas of Pokémon without any real evolutions be turned into real evolutions. Mega Absol and Mawile in particular both look epic, and I'd love to have them as permanent team members.

Also while looking them up I realized Mega Absol isn't a flying type???? it has wings????

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    That's an interesting question for sure, hmmm... I think I'd probably go for Mega Altaria. Altaria always felt like the middle step of a really cool evolution line to me and I think there's a lot of room to make him into something pretty darn awesome if he were to evolve again. Plus I don't really like the mega form so a second try at that would be nice!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I'd turn Mega Audino into an evolution because I think it's too similar to Chansey. I don't think Lucario needed a Mega Evolution, either.

Back