• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Came here to shoot down any Mega Farfetch'd suggestions, but seems like people are sensible. :) Farfetch'd is perfect as is. It doesn't need to be good. It shouldn't be to begin with.

Also hope Flygon never gets a mega. I want it to be a long running joke.

Anywho, Mega Machamp and Mega Golem yo. Doesn't feel right for them to be left behind when Gengar and Alakazam got'em, especially when those two didn't need megas. Also please nothing uninspired like more arms for Machamp, the champ deserves better.
    What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Plus... Hoenn has it for some crazy reason, and I don't know how they really dodged that bullet. I suppose just by twisting the timelines.
    Basically the explanation for Mega Evolution being in Hoenn despite it being written in as a seemingly Kalos-only thing in XY (why they did that still confuses me) is by implying in the Delta Episode that ORAS takes place in a parallel dimension to the rest of the main series where Mega Evolution was not Kalos-exclusive. All post-XY games that include mega evolution are likely to be in this alternate dimension, so the Pokemon universe is basically split between:

Dimension 1: R/B/Y through XY
    Dimension 2: ORAS and likely Sun/Moon and every main series game from this point on

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
    Years
    What would its ability be, Because that thing is extremly over powered without traunt, as we know.
    Well, this would never be created, because would be more powerful that primal rayquaza but equally I'll say it, JUST IMAGINE ITS POWER=
    Super-Truant: It rests a turn and elevates its hp by half of it, and elevates its stats

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Basically the explanation for Mega Evolution being in Hoenn despite it being written in as a seemingly Kalos-only thing in XY (why they did that still confuses me) is by implying in the Delta Episode that ORAS takes place in a parallel dimension to the rest of the main series where Mega Evolution was not Kalos-exclusive. All post-XY games that include mega evolution are likely to be in this alternate dimension, so the Pokemon universe is basically split between:

Dimension 1: R/B/Y through XY
    Dimension 2: ORAS and likely Sun/Moon and every main series game from this point on
    Or RSE/FrLg through XY as dimension 2, with OrAS and SM being 3, with RGBY though GSC being dimension one. It should stay this way until XY or SM remakes.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I'd like to see the Johto starters, but I don't think they should have any new types. They're the only pure-type starter trio,and I don't think that should change, even with megas.

I'd also like to see Mega Sinnohs and some other sinnoh pokemon like Luxray, Pachirisu, Roserade, and Chimecho.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'd like to see the Johto starters, but I don't think they should have any new types. They're the only pure-type starter trio,and I don't think that should change, even with megas.

I'd also like to see Mega Sinnohs and some other sinnoh pokemon like Luxray, Pachirisu, Roserade, and Chimecho.
    We might get Sinnoh remakes soon, so I think they should hold off on Sinnoh starter megas.

If Johto's remain pure they should all get variations of Normalize/Pixelate/Glaciate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Well I thought about it again and I found that there were a lot of my fav mons across generations that deserved a Megs. So I came up with a detailed list of my own with my own reasoning. I did Gen 1 today. Will upload for other gens later. So here they are :-

Gen 1:-

Mega Butterfree
    Type:- Bug/Psychic
    Ability :- Prankster
    Stats :- 60/15/90/140/90/100
    Possible Set :-
    Sleep Powder
    Quiver Dance
    Psychic
    Bug Buzz

Remarks :- Butterfree was always the specially offensive counterpart of Beedrill and it also perfectly suits the Bug/Psychic typing (Oh! The big hypnotic eyes!).Given the array of status moves it posseses, Prankster seems to be a good ability that can be given to it. Bug Buzz and Psychic should be good STAB moves and Quiver Dance boost is always welcome and should already boost its high special stats. I can envision quite a few sets with this.

Mega Nidoqueen
    Type:- Poison/Ground
    Ability :- Sheer Force
    Stats :- 90/92/117/115/115/76
    Earth Power
    Stealth Rock / Toxic
    Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Flamethrower
    Sludge Wave

Remarks :- This may not look like a lot of fancy but I have always envisioned Nidoqueen as more of a specially oriented defensive pokemon. Although I still believe there can be a better stat distribution and others this is the most I could come up with. With Sheer Force and good amount of bulk it can be a good hazard setter as well as cause quite a damage to a few types with Sheer Force boosted moves given its increase in Special Attack

Mega Nidoking
    Type :- Poison/Ground
    Ability :- Sheer Force
    Stats :- 81/137/77/140/75/95
    Earth Power
    Sludge Wave
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower

Remarks :- This set may surely give an edge to Nidoking. With enough Speed and SpA EV investment he may be able to gain some newfound heights and allow it to take on Fairy types with a new zeal. Of course better sets may be thought of.

Mega Arcanine
    Type :- Fire
    Ability :- Flash Fire
    Stats :- 90/140/80/140/80/125
    Morning Sun
    Flare Blitz / Fire Blast
    Crunch / Close Combat
    Wild Charge

Remarks :- With this huge boost in Speed and Attack power Arcanine may become one of the strongest pokemon in the tier. Many great sets come into mind. Flash fire was the only ability I could think of as of now ut yes many other great abilities can be thought of.

Mega Machamp
    Type :- Fighting
    Ability :- No Guard
    Stats :- 90/175/120/85/85/55
    Dynamic Punch
    Knock Off
    Stone Edge / Ice Punch
    Bullet Punch / Poison Jab

Remarks :- Well its basically Alakazam's physical counterpart. Its massive attack and defense are compensated by its poor speed and SpD. No Guard allows STAB Dynamic Punch to hit accurately to cause confusion without any penalty and allows Stone Edge to take care of any annoying Flying types. Ice Punch may also be used as well. Last slot is dedicated for checking the Fairies.

Mega Rapidash
    Type :- Fire
    Ability :- Drought
    Stats :- 65/135/80/90/90/140
    Morning Sun
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Will-O-Wisp / Drill Run

Remarks :- Drought should be able to compensate for Rapidash's weak defenses. Its terrific speed and attack make it a solid physical attacker with reliable recovery in Drought boosted Morning Sun. Will-O-Wisp can be used to wear enemy down with Burns or Drill Run can be used for taking care of unruly Rock types.

Mega Lapras
    Type :- Water/Ice
    Ability :- Water Absorb / Refrigerate
    Stats :- 130/85/110/115/125/70
    Freeze Dry
    Ice Beam / Hyper Voice (if Refrigerate is given)
    Hydro Pump
    Psychic

Remarks :- Although I genuinely want Lapras to get a Mega Evo its really hard for me to come to think about a proper ability for it owing to its quite a few serious weaknesses. Water Absorb may prove to be a good ability owing to its defensive nature but Refrigerate can be a boon for it too. It has good bulk and can take on quite a few hits. STAB Freeze Dry is for taking care of Water types and Ice Beam complemets it. If Refrigerate is thge ability then Hyper Voice is preferred. Hydro Pump is its strongest STAB Water type move and Psychic can take care of Fighting types who ight threaten it.

Mega Snorlax
    Type :- Normal
    Ability :- Thick Fat
    Stats :- 160/140/80/80/140/40
    Curse
    Return / Body Slam
    Earthquake /Fire Punch
    Zen Headbutt

Remarks :- The great boost that it recieves in its attack and SpA should already make it a solid tank strong enough to break through tough walls. Curse is its primary attack boosting move. Return is used for terrific STAB damage. Body Slam can be used if Paralysis is desired. Fire Punch can help deal with bulky steel types like Ferrothorn. Earthquake adds the ability to deal with Rock types at the cost of being useless to Flying types. Finally Zen Headbutt boosted by its high attack will be able to take care of Fighting tupes

Mega Dragonite
    Type :- Dragon/Flying
    Ability :- Multiscale
    Stats :- 91/164/110/140/115/80
    As many sets you can think of

Remarks :- Well there is nothing much to say about this. One can only imagine how dangerous this monster becomes when it gets boost to its already high stats. There are multiple of sets that can take advantage of such a boost and given its wide movepool this makes it tougher to bring it down as well

Runiel

I am male
    Years
    Mega Volcarona would be so sick (Gen V also need some Megas), hmm, also Mega Farfetch'd (Just Imagine Farfetch'd Holding 2 Giant Sticks using Fighting Moves against Legendaries Pokemon, that would be damn Epic)
    And last but not Least... We need a MEGA-YANMEGA, c'mon we need that, it would be so Useful.

Also, I am almost more than 100% sure that the Johto Starters are gonna get Mega Evolutions, like, it's Essential for them to get a Mega.

Years
    I don't know whether that'll really happen anytime soon. I have a feeling they introduced Ash Greninja just to appease fans wanting a mega Greninja. Maybe next gen but it feels too soon now.

Interesting theory, I guess. Ash Greninja seems like something I would have imagined for a Mega Greninja design, but that might just be me.

Years
    The only thing I dislike about Greninja is his defense. He just can't take a hit. Other than that, he's a great special sweeper and I'm really hoping he gets a Mega Evolution because when he does, it's game over.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    I would love to see a mega raichu and a mega dragonite. Just wondering what would be the name of the mega stone for dragonite..dragoniteite ? Dosen't that sound a bit peculiar ?
    One more wish, i also want a mega pikachu. Now people are probably going to ask, "Why Pikachu? It's not fully evolved. Only Fully Evolve and Pokémon who can't evolve can Mega Evolve." Well that maybe true, but the main reason is because of Ash's Pikachu in the anime. He refuses to evolve into Raichu and wants to continue battling as a Pikachu and since the Pokémon that can Mega Evolve returns back to it's previous state after the battle is over, that would mean that Pikachu will remain as a Pikachu. It would also be good if we get a mega machamp and a mega 'meeew' X and Y.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Mega Noctowl
    Spoiler:

Mega Tauros
    Spoiler:

Mega Typhlosion
    Spoiler:

Mega Ho-Oh
    Spoiler:

Mega Lugia
    Spoiler:

Mega Rhyperior
    Spoiler:

Mega Arcanine
    Spoiler:

Mega Corsola
    Spoiler:

Mega Electrode
    Spoiler:

Mega Cresselia
    Spoiler:

Mega Magmortar
    Spoiler:

Mega Electivire
    Spoiler:

Mega Lickilicky
    Spoiler:

Mega Floatzel
    Spoiler:

Mega Farfetch'd
    Spoiler:

Mega Goodra
    Spoiler:

Mega Raticate
    Spoiler:

Mega Weezing
    Spoiler:

Mega Kricketune
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PokeTrekkie92

Gym Leader of Alabaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    I would like to see Mega Flygon, Mega Typhlosion, Mega Infernape and Mega Emboar

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    I'd rather them stay away from Megas, unless they're for pre-Gen 4 mons. Power creep is way too strong given how the meta is currently going, and pretty well all but the staples (eg. Starmie, Gengar and Alakazam) are outclassed hard.

Back