• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'll like Mega Ursaring, Mega Johto starters, Mega Kalos starters, Mega Infernape (with the other two in DP remakes), Mega Talonflame, and Mega Ambipom.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    The only new Mega I really want is Mega Scrafty. Poor thing got nerfed heavily due to Fairies and its base 90 Attack is ridiculously low without boosts.
    I want it to keep its Dark/Fighting and not sure on its ability, keeping Shed Skin would be cool. For stats, maybe adding more to its Attack, Defense, and Special Defense upon Mega Evolving also seems ideal to me.

Though, every starter getting Megas seems plausible to me.

Years
    People have been wanting Mega Flygon due to it being the only Hoenn Dragon-type without a Mega, plus they think it needs more love competitively so they think a Mega would solve that issue.

^ this. Plus I just love its design.

Anyways besides Flygon I'd really like to see all the starters get mega evolutions, or at the very least the Kalos starters seeing as Gen 6 introduced megas in the first place.

Beyond that I wouldn't mind seeing Mega Raichu, Mega Lapras, Mega Mew, Mega Zoroark, Mega Haxorus, and Mega Pyroar as well.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Well a Mega Flygon was in development during XY and later OrAs according to an interview Masuda or another Pokemon Company member did. It just wasn't ever made as they couldn't come up with a design they liked. I hope they've finally made on they liked.

I hope those who want Mega Flygon should just acknowledge that it already exists and it's called Garchomp. Who has a mega of its own for Beerus knows what reason.

I can't think of any Pokemon who outright needs a mega.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Just deal with it if there's none, Mega Evolution is part of our franchise for 2.4 years. There's no use fussing over it if they remain Gen VI exclusives. Having said that, I don't mind seeing the Megas, old or new ones.

It would be fun if they spice things up by making some old Megas return, while some Megas remaining in Gen VI (note: doesn't mean they are discarded forever). Like ya know? To add some freshness to the Mega rosters?

Years
    It would be fun if they spice things up by making some old Megas return, while some Megas remaining in Gen VI (note: doesn't mean they are discarded forever). Like ya know? To add some freshness to the Mega rosters?

One issue I could see happening with this is having some Pokemon that rely on Megas to be viable becoming unviable again and getting booted back down to the tier they were in when they sucked in the pre-Megas era. It would not be a good move because I could imagine negative reaction happening.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2016
    Gen 1:
    Mega Lapras
    Mega Butterfree
    Mega Dragonite
    Mega Arcanine

Gen 2:
    starters
    Mega Girafarig
    Mega Noctwol

Gen 3:
    Mega Flygon
    Mega Milotic

Gen 4:
    Mega Luxray
    Mega Froslass
    Mega Mismagius
    Mega Togekiss
    Mega rampardos

Gen 5:
    Mega Braviary
    Mega Mandibuzz
    Mega Beartic
    Mega Durant

Gen 6:
    Mega Noivern
    Mega Goodra
    Mega Amaura
    Meta tyrunt
    Mega Pyroar

a lot of pokemons like Lumineon, Zanngoose, Dunsparce should have a normal evolution because their stats are really bad.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2019
    New Mega-evolutions?

Well we all know that pokemon Sun and Moon will be coming! And we are all exited about the fact that there will be new pokemon introduced to us!

But what about the previous generation pokemons? I truly hope thatFlygon will get a Mega-evolution!! but what about you guys? what do you guys think? :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Johto Starters :-
    Meganium - Grass
    Typhlosion - Fire/Ground
    Feraligatr - Water/Dragon

Others:-
    Frosslass - Ice/Fairy
    Electivire - Electric/Fighting
    Magmortar - Fire
    Rhyperior - Rock
    Luxray - Electric/Dark
    Yanmega - Bug/Dragon
    Dragonite - Dragon/Flying
    Hydreigon - Dark/Dragon
    Flygon - Ground/Dragon
    Excadril - Ground/Steel

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Johto Starters :-
    Meganium - Grass
    Typhlosion - Fire/Ground
    Feraligatr - Water/Dragon

Others:-
    Frosslass - Ice/Fairy
    Electivire - Electric/Fighting
    Magmortar - Fire
    Rhyperior - Rock
    Luxray - Electric/Dark
    Yanmega - Bug/Dragon
    Dragonite - Dragon/Flying
    Hydreigon - Dark/Dragon
    Flygon - Ground/Dragon
    Excadril - Ground/Steel

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
    Years
    Mega Starraptorg
    Mega Amonguss
    Mega Klinklang
    Mega Cofagrigus
    Mega Vanilluxe

AND LAST, THE MOST IMPORTANT MEGA THAT SHOULD EXIST!!!!
    MEGA SLAKING!!!!!
    Due that in megas, base statics are elevated by 100, and that slaking has 670 base stats, it would be elevated to 770, having the same stats as primal kyogre and groudon, the strongest non legendary pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    AND LAST, THE MOST IMPORTANT MEGA THAT SHOULD EXIST!!!!
    MEGA SLAKING!!!!!
    Due that in megas, base statics are elevated by 100, and that slaking has 670 base stats, it would be elevated to 770, having the same stats as primal kyogre and groudon, the strongest non legendary pokemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What would its ability be, Because that thing is extremly over powered without traunt, as we know.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What would its ability be, Because that thing is extremly over powered without traunt, as we know.

I can see it having Vigoroth's ability, seeing how Slakoth had Truant too. Or slow start if they must cap it's power. If they do make a Mega Slaking I imagine it's Mega stone being at the end of the game or even post game.

Dr_Ukato

He who fights for joy, Not glory.
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2017
    Quick mention: Canonically Mega Evolution is supposed to be a Kalos only thing. They mention throughout the games that Mega Evolution somehow only occurs there.
    Although we'll probably have Mega Evolutions anyway. Maybe not just in the pre-ending game.

I feel like Mega Solrock and Lunatone are too obvious to actually happen. Though i'm not ruling them out.
    I feel like we might see a lot of Gen 5 pokémon get Megas though probably not the starters.
    Cryogonal seems like something they'd do but Beartic is not impossible.
    Scolipede also seems likely maybe getting a permanent Speed Boost ability while in mega form.
    Other than that Pokémon like Seismitoad, Volcarona, Bisharp and Braviary/Mandibuzz all seem like Mega Evolution potentials.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Quick mention: Canonically Mega Evolution is supposed to be a Kalos only thing. They mention throughout the games that Mega Evolution somehow only occurs there.
    Although we'll probably have Mega Evolutions anyway. Maybe not just in the pre-ending game.

I think to get around that they'll maybe set these games a few years later and say - oh, we didn't discover mega evolution existed here until a few weeks ago! We can also magically evolve mega Pokemon here.

Plus... Hoenn has it for some crazy reason, and I don't know how they really dodged that bullet. I suppose just by twisting the timelines.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I kind of want a non-fully evolved Pokemon to get a Mega. One that would canonically make sense -like Eevee due to its genetics, maybe? That would make for an interesting dynamic: keep the Mega Evolution and its advantages or evolve the Pokemon for a more traditional advantage

Back