• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What period of time are you most nostalgic for?

User Anon 1848

And what was it about that period in your life that made you so happy? Feel free to share your favorite memories.

Years
    • Online now
    2016 was my favorite year of all time. I loved the area we lived in. My family was closer than ever, through working at a hotel in highschool I met a life long friend who I still keep in touch with.

Yet feeling nostalgic of it always reminds me of the following year, which 2017 was utter hell for me. We lost family left and right, due to illness and unknown causes. 2 deaths happened in the same week. There was fighting over who received things in the wills. A shooting happened at my school. I developed anxiety for first time, which seems to have been permanent.

While 2016 I almost consider a magical year for me, it's hard to think about it without associating it with the following year. It was like calm before a storm.

Years
    the 90's were the only happy parts of my life.
    But honestly 2016 was good for me, as was 2014.

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Dec 16, 2020
    I think the period of time I am most nostalgic for is the early-mid 2000's, back when all I would do is play Halo, Jak and Daxter, and Pokemon.

Years
    2018 was lit, well at least January through August 2018.

My school band was practicing to do a performance in another state. We practiced hard, though it was an exhibition, we kicked butt. Music was my passion back then, but now, not much to not at all.

Amazing how the tide turns so quickly.

Years
    summer of 2013-14 man. Mom was still alive and Counter Strike Source still had full crackhouse servers that I could connect to without being kicked out for too high a ping. Peak fun days when I would just happily game on my cruddy ass office PC til 4am everyday and not regret a thing.

Now we just celebrated her 4th death anniversary and those servers are a shell of their former self.

pkmin3033

I miss the mid to late 90s. I didn't have a happy childhood really, but I do miss those days when I blissfully ignorant of the state of the world. I had friends, cartoons and Disney movies were actually worth watching, the Pokemon craze happened towards the end and that completely transformed my life, it was relatively safe to go out and play (or at least, I lived in a neighbourhood where it was), and...well, on the whole, I was happy. The illness that has plagued my life started when I was around six, but it didn't really hit me until my mid-teens, so I was ignorant of that, too.

Years
    2012-the beginning of October in 2015

This was the times where everything seemed to be going well for me. I had a really active social life and was surrounded by a close-knit group of people, my career trajectory was looking great, I discovered PC and met a bunch of amazing people here and it was before I got sick. There were some major hiccups through that time period, but overall it was definitely the happiest years I've had.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    2008-2011 time period and I don't know why. It was by far the worst years of my life (super significant deaths and immense family problems).

Years
    2017-2019 Was the best for me. I had just gotten a job working for a James Beard nominated chef at an upscale classic French restaurant. It was great, we would do monthly five course wine dinners, took annual Christmas vacations paid entirely for by my chef who was also the owner. In February of 2018 he took us all to Las Vegas for a few days to watch the Superbowl and eat at Momofuku (also ate at EggSlut and it was amazing). I loved how incredibly high his standards were, if you made a mistake you would get screamed at and insulted but you understood where it was coming from because he's a 60 year old man running circles around all of us 20 year olds (plus I'm not a little snowflake baby who claims abuse if someone yells at me).

He grew up in France and worked in several Michelin star restaurants so working with him was an incredible opportunity. Even though he was hard on us, every night after service we would put together a family meal for the entire staff, eat, joke around, and unwind. If we hadn't moved (August 2019) so my girlfriend could attend university, there is no doubt I would still be there and I already look back at the time very fondly.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    2006, 2007, and 2008. If I could make those three years loop over and over, I would. I had the most happiest and fun moments ever. Had great friends at school, played many great games, saw many awesome TV shows (got into anime around 2007), school was actually quite fun (yeah, can't believe I actually said this), many great songs were released around this time that I loved. I honestly don't think I'll ever have years like these ever again... It's a shame.

Last edited:
    Back