• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon would you want in real life?

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
Years
  • Depends on the condition. Am I the only person in the world with a pokémon? Does everyone have one? Am I part of an impromptu, interdimensional militia hellbent on using superpowered animals from an alternate universe to conquer the world? The specifications are too broad.

If I were the only person in the world with a 'mon, I'd pick something small and easy to hide, yet still useful to me to an every day degree. You don't want that pesky government coming for you, after all, but you still want to be able to do something with it, or else you might as well get a plushie.

So, in this scenario, I'd pick Hoopa. It's teleportation ability would be immensely useful: commuting, holidays, general faffing around, and so on. Not to mention that, if I ever want to get rich quick, I'd just re-enact Jumper (the film, not the article of clothing).

If it came down to personal preference though, I'd get a Sableye. It's my favourite, I can train it to steal things for me, and its small size makes it very manageable in terms of food and living space.
    Not to mention I'm pretty sure it excretes gems.

Years
  • I've always kind of wanted a Typhlosion. Hopefully one without too much fire. I don't think people around here would appreciate the fire.

Although a Purrloin would be a close second, since they're just so adorable. I'd have to make sure all my valuables are locked away, though.

Years
  • I'd most likely want a Flying or Psychic-type of some sort, as they'd be very useful in either helping lift things or go long distances. Although some people mentioned that having them exist would be impractical, there are some that'd have a use.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • For me it would be Oddish, just because I find it super cute and it would not be that weird in real life. On a side note, nice video.

Hushimine Rage

Pkmn Trainer Rage
    Years
  • I wouldn't a pokemon too powerful or too big, you know how much stuff that'll do in real life.
    I also wouldn't want a pokemon too obsessed with it's powers or has physical appearances and personalities that could do damage. *Like Macgargo*

I don't need to use my pokemon for my daily lives, to help me with things, to make my life better.. I just want it to be there. Just, there.
    So, I'll have a Ruflflet. I'd deal with my daily lives myself.

Years
  • Dont know if its been said yet, but xatu with his future sight would be pretty handy for winning the lotto!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2022
    Gengar!! I would love to have a Gengar. I can just imagine all the fun stuff we would do. {XD}

Years
  • If I had to pick just one an electric would probably be a good choice so possibly Emolga. Can I have a shiny one please?? It can fly to grab things and uses electricity which would be insanely useful irl. Plus it's small and easy to fit in my house. :D

Though I'm also really biased towards Chespin and would really love to own him, too. Consider those two my top choices.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • 1: lucario, reason: cuddle him up, we can defend eachother, HES FLUFFEH :D

2: charmander/charizard, reason: keep me warm/warm up noms, fly 2 places, SO DAMN ADORABLE!

3: arceus, reason: daddy! help me if i need it, snuggles

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Cubone, I have this desperate need to hold it close to my heartbeat like a puppy and stop it from weeping, a surrogate mother while it matures into marowak :)

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Now I'm gonna pick Leafeon. It's not that I like it or anything, but Leafeon would look really cute in real life. I actually don't really like Leafeon, but it's actually only the fact that it looks really cute in the game like I said, and it'd be even cuter in real life.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    aaaa it's hard to pick just one! having a mew or an eevee would be awesome, they're both so adorable! i wouldn't mind having a gengar either, just to play tricks on people and scare the **** outta them. :pink_giggle:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Pachirisu of course! Sandshrew's my favourite but I think Pachirisu would make for a better partner, he'd be so cute and fluffy and we could spend all day chasing acorns around in circles ♥

milk!

oh yeah!
    Years
  • A Growlithe! It must be so fluffy and warm and amazing to cuddle on those cold nights! Not only is it very snuggly, it would also be a great guard dog too!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • For all purposes, I'd first get my paws on a Persian for that blank check. Then I'd want a Minccino, a Joltik, a Zorua, an Eevee and tbh a whole bunch of cutesies as pets - and battle partners if need be. Or better, a Legendary for security - who'd wanna go up against a giant leviathan that could spawn dozen Katrinas in a blink?

Back