• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you choose?

What starter did you choose, and what gender was it? (Select 1 - 3 and 4 - 5)

• Chespin

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Froakie

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Male

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Female

Votes: 16 17.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Out of all the starters, Chespin's design and concept appealed the most to me, so I chose that one. I generally like "bruiser" type of Pokemon who can dish out a good amount of damage while being able to take hits themselves. I also can't get enough of the Spiky shield + Leech Seed combo with Quilladin. B)

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
  • If I had purchased X and Y as soon as it came out I would have gone with Froakie because I was disappointed over Fennekin's evolutions. Fast forward a few months to when I actually got a chance to get a copy of the game I ended up picking Fennekin (and resetting until I got a female) because I started to adore Braixen. Delphox has grown on me a bit, but Fennekin and Braixen are adorable imo! I am lucky enough to have a nice enough S/O to hatch me a shiny Fennekin as well. :)

Years
  • I have Pokemon X and chose Fennekin as my starter because I liked it's design + type, but I actually don't recall which gender it was since I never really paid attention XD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I personally chose Fennekin. I thought it was adorable and it seemed there was no way it could be a fire fighting evo (yay I was right!). Froakie was cool too and would have been my second choice, but I personally hate Chespin because I think it's just a cheap grass type Dewott clone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I chose Froakie because I always go with the water-type starter on my main file for any generation. Overall, I really don't like the gen 6 starters much, though Greninja has definitely grown on me over time, and its potential in battle outweighs my initial negative reaction to its design. I was much more excited about the Kanto starters than I was about the Kalos ones (picked Squirtle to get my favorite Pokémon, Blastoise).

My starter was male, as I always go with male starters because (a) the nickname I use for my starters works better for male Pokémon and (b) blue is my favorite color, and I find the blue male symbol more aesthetically pleasing for my starter than the female symbol. (Plus, for a water-type, blue goes well.) I also wanted to have a starter with decent stats and a non-detrimental/moderately helpful nature, and the first Froakie I found that fulfilled my requirements was male.

Years
  • I haven't played either X or Y yet, but am I the only one that doesn't like any of the starters in these? They all look odd to me. Greninja is the only one that looks somewhat cool/appealing.

Years
  • I picked Fennekin simply because I loved the way it looked as its first form. I was unaware of the final forms so I was a little disappointed when Braixen evolved, had I known I probably would've chosen Froakie since I didn't really like the way Chespin looked.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Chose Froakie in Y, showed up as male. Of course, I mained the event Torchic for most of the game, but Froakie was still my backup until I came across a Bagon.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Froakie. I was gonna pick Fennekin (I almost always pick the fire starters) until I saw the final evolutions come out.

I was so disappointed with delphox and greninja looked awesome, it was a no-brainer.

smartincharge1995

Top Percentage Trainer
    Years
  • From the moment i watched the first trailer for XY i knew i was gonna raise a Froakie. And the day it came out i was able to get one and he became one of my best pokemon in the game.

Years
  • When I played through my main copy of X I had Chespin as my starter, and it was male. I picked it because it was my favorite designed of them (although I like them all). In Y which I then played, I had Fennekin and that was male too. Sadly, Froakie is the only starter I haven't had any playthroughs with yet.

Crzyphl

The Crazy Phil
    Years
  • I chose chespin because 1) he is cute as my aunt june's baby wankerdoodle and 2) he evolves into a freaking CHESNUT KNIGHT!!! Its a chesnut, but its a knight. Mind blown.
    Didnt choose fennekin because braixen isnt manly enough, and didnt choose greninja cuz all my friends were even though ninjas are super cool (Naruto!).

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I picked froakie because it's adorable and I like the typing of greninja. I was going to pick fennekin originally but didn't like it's evolutions.

Back