• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just go with Treecko because mega sceptile looks gorgeous..

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • I chose Torchic, which is unsurprising for anyone who knows me. I always go with the fire-type starter :-P

Plus, Mega Blaziken looks the coolest out of the Mega Hoenn Starters imo.

Trainer 133

In the original Ruby and Sapphire, I always chose Torchic. This time around, I picked Treecko because I like his Mega better and I am much better at team planning now :p

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Surprisingly I picked Treecko. I normally go for fire types but I always want to have a Charizard on my team so I went for him. Even though Mudkip is cute and all his evolution don't appeal to me.

I've never used a grass type in any of my Pokemon playthroughs so I was a bit nervous on how Treecko/Sceptile would do but he has been amazing! He's amazing on my team and makes me want to give grass types a chance in future playthroughs, if they fit on my team.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Had to go with Mudkip, great mon to start with. Mudkip is the only starter from Hoenn that I like all 3 evolutions of (not a big fan of Treecko or Grovyle, Torchic...meh, but I dont mind Sceptile, Combusken + Blaziken )

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    The tradition of me ditching my starter right after I caught another Pokemon I liked began with Hoenn. Because I didn't like any Hoenn starters.
    With ORAS I chose Mudkip because I think the Treeko line suits my rival, Brendan (that's what he gets if I choose Mudkip)

I like Sceptile's mega evolution alright, but other than it, I am equally not fond of the Hoenn starters.

Juliandroid98

The night hunter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I picked up torchic because I just love fire type starters for some reason.
    I've pretty much chosen fire starters in every pokemon game xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • In all my Hoenn games (I have 5 copies - 3 of AS and 2 of OR) all times I picked Mudkip. Only on my first run did I keep it in my team. The other 4 times I already had my team planned out.

As for the other 2? - Treecko I plan on using someday in a Grass-type team, I hope I enjoy it - and the other worst looking, nope, won't give it a chance, still don't like it's design, it prevents me from giving it the chance, taking it down so many times in Doubles, just makes me annoy seeing it.

Design, I like Mudkip and it's evolutions a bit more. After using it in a team, and an awesome looking Mega. It's my choice.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I picked Mudkip in both AS and OR. I don't know what I'll do if I start another playthrough at some point, but I really like water starters, and I like Mudkip. I've also always been a big fan of the water/ground typing, despite the grass weakness (probably because my Quagsire in Gold fared well against the member of my friend's team that destroyed the rest of my unbalanced party), so although I like some of the other gens' starters better, I do like choosing Mudkip while in Hoenn.

I've never cared much for Torchic, though I've used it on teams as a secondary member before. Blaziken is notable for being my first EV trained Pokemon ever (in Sapphire). I'd like to try Treecko, maybe, but I still can't get around the fact that I really like water starters.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I wasn't going to pick Torchic because I had used the event Blaziken in X, so I wanted one of the other two. I picked Treecko because I liked Mega Sceptile slightly better than Swampert (Dragon-types ftw).

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • I surprised myself and choose Treecko as my starter in AS. Mainly because I was bored of Torchic from having it in Pokemon X & I choose Mudkip back in Emerald :3 Plus out of all 3 of the mega evolutions I strangley liked Mega Sceptile's pose xD What probably helped make my decision was that I had decided to give myself a Charmander via Pokebank when I started ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I usually go for the fire starter, but decided to go for the Mudkip instead this time.

Years
  • I chose Torchic on my first playthrough because I generally prefer Fire type starters over the other two types, and I chose Mudkip on my second playthrough because I wanted to try using Mega Swampert.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I chose Treeko for my AS save file and Mudkip for my OR file.
    I mostly chose these two because in RSE, I only ever used Torchic so I wanted to change it up a little.
    I really like Sceptile's Mega Evo for some reason! Not too big on the others tho :o

Back