• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters

Melodika

Please don't eat me
Years
  • I went with Torchic as it seems to be the most useful Hoenn starter besides Mudkip. But I think Blaziken's mega form beats Swampert in the end.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Mudkip! At first I was going to choose Treecko but after a few minutes of playing it, I remembered all the good times with my Mudkips in the RSE games... so I restarted and chose Mudkip.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    Torchic, because only good fire type pokemon in Hoenn(pre national dex) is Blaziken. Roserade is a great alternative
    for Sceptile(even better due to coverage,typing and it doesn't take mega slot) and I don't think I have to mention Swampert alternatives in Hoenn.

Years
  • Treecko because I always pick the Grass-type Starter in my main play throughs but I do prefer Mudkip. If I do another run through I'll choose it instead!

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I went with them all! Played through multiple times so used them all really!

I went with Torchic on my first play-through of Omega Ruby, then realised that I'd already seen Mega Blaziken and stuff before so decided to restart and chose Mudkip. I'm currently on a play-through with Treecko at the moment!

Years
  • I went with Torchic on my first play-through of Omega Ruby, then realised that I'd already seen Mega Blaziken and stuff before so decided to restart and chose Mudkip. I'm currently on a play-through with Treecko at the moment!

I can understand this.

Because Blaziken already got a Mega in XY, and an event giving out a hidden ability Torchic made players able to use it and destroy the whole main story opposition. This probably resulted in more players wanting to use Treecko or Mudkip in OR/AS, especially if they used the Torchic in X/Y already.

SerpentManIV

I feel like a Charmillion Bucks!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I chose Mudkip, named it Tsunami, retrieved my Blaziken from X and Y, and dropped Swampert in the box. Later, I bred a Mudkip and traded it for Treecko. Now I have Swampert, Blaziken, and Sceptile.

Yū Narukami1

Merovin Incarnate
    Years
  • Treecko through and through, he was already my original Ruby/Sapphire starter, but that Mega-Evo was just the icing for me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Treecko. I've used Mudkip and Torchic way too often in gen 3 and Treecko only like once, because I didn't really like the looks of Sceptile. As it got a Mega that looks pretty decent, combined with the fact, that Sceptile's 3D model looked better, I figured, I might as well give it a try.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • treecko.gif

This one!

But back in my Emerald days, I always choose either Mudkip or Torchic

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Mudkip all the way. He just looks like a buddy and his mega evo is the sickest.

SlayerGlaceon

DO THE GLACEON SAMBA
    Years
  • kipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkip
    kipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkip
    kipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkip
    kipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipkipKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIP
    KIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIP
    KIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIP
    KIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIPKIP

:t258:

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I chose Mudkip because it is what I chose in the original Ruby so I did that for nostalgic purposes.

Either that or I just like Mudkip's

Back